Moonspear like a star that can't wait for night
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Jarilo made a valid point about Nikai that further diminished Charon's opinion of the boy. If Jarilo already didn't have any good words for him, something had to be wrong with him. And, well, there was, physically. Charon did not understand why his strong and proud daughter would choose such a weak boy, and one that would not do well on a mountain. He simply could not grasp that, and he'd begun to realise that she would unlikely be coming back to live here any time soon. Not with Nikai, anyway. He could only hope she'd come to her senses, but there was little he could do about it.

Anyway, he was here with his son who he did still have some influence over, but seemed to have little interest in finding a mate so far. Jarilo wasn't really the tough and strong son Charon would've liked. He was obedient and that was good when he was a pup but now he wasn't really taking his place in the world, seemingly happy enough to live in his parents' shadows. Though he got out and about, he didn't really have aspirations, it seemed, to be anything bigger than a follower. Then again, followers were convenient enough and they weren't exactly full up at the moment on wolves that weren't Charon's own flesh and blood. Maybe it was just as well.

I ran into one of your friends the other day. Moorhen? Speaks poorly? She said hi. Charon studied Jarilo's face to see how he'd react. Jarilo hardly seemed ready for pups, but it seemed he could use some coaching in finding love if he ever intended for it. Charon had some advice on that, of course. I fell for your mother because she was strong, and we were both Alphas who chose to make our own destiny. But Jarilo was... well, not that. So my advice is to look for someone who is like you, and whose company makes you happy. 'Happy' was not really what Amekaze made him, admittedly. It was more... hm... proud? She was strong, like he, but serious, and not into games like some of his friends like Dhole and Pyx had been. But that was good, too. He admonished his statement: Maybe not just happy -- but proud. Someone that you think of, 'I can't believe my luck that she wanted to be with me'. But you have to take initiative if that's something you want. Nobody is going to come up to you and admit their love to you. It takes effort finding the one that fits you, and even then, you need to take the lead. Something that wasn't exactly Jarilo's forte, but maybe some of these words would stick by him.
Messages In This Thread
like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 21, 2019, 11:43 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 22, 2019, 06:47 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 24, 2019, 10:49 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 25, 2019, 01:41 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - January 26, 2019, 12:10 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - January 29, 2019, 04:43 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 06, 2019, 06:06 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 06, 2019, 03:34 PM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 07, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 17, 2019, 03:15 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 19, 2019, 05:53 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - February 26, 2019, 12:49 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Charon - February 28, 2019, 04:40 AM
RE: like a star that can't wait for night - by Jarilo - March 06, 2019, 03:04 AM