Sunbeam Lair I'm coming back down from space
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Keen's disappearance effects him more than he assumed it would. 'What if it was Thistle,' his mind supplies. He does not know the girl personally, and yet, he can see how distraught her mother is. That is enough for Evergreen to wander. He goes west. Mountains loom over the Valley; a barrier between the coasts, but also a potential area of shelter should a lone individual be on the run. He's never been here before. He almost bothered Thistle to join his mission. His sister, however, had been tuckered out asleep in the warmth of their den... and awakening her is like poking a hibernating bear. So he is alone.

Evergreen tries to avoid the opposite end of Wapun Meadow; aware due to his encounter with a Diaspora member that it is claimed territory. Northwest, then, he travels. Curious that his feet bring him to the mouth of a cavern deep within the mountain's range. The bearish wolf is used to long trips by now--months of travel have hardened him. A cavern, however, piques his interest. It is the perfect area for shelter, and the scents draw him in like a moth to flame. Jaws agape, the Easthollow wolf slips into the lair cautiously. His green eyes staring awed at the abundance of plant life here even in the dead of winter.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
He finds he enjoys wandering the mountains, though sometimes the height makes him a little... queasy. It's easier if he takes breaks — and the massive cavern his packmate had led a hunt in has proven a wonderful place for doing just that. He's still undeniably wary of the place, after being attacked by that madman, but he's mostly managed to settle his nerves by now. It's just a place, after all; it can't hurt him by itself. Still, he is on high alert as he enters the cavern, so notices the stranger immediately. A dark, hulking man; perhaps a threat. He halts where he stands, still a good distance behind the other, and chuffs warily. He isn't exactly eager for conflict today, but he is eager to get introductions out of the way; the sooner he makes himself known, the sooner he'll know where they stand.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oki would have found herself overwhelmed; without sight, her other senses took over where it lacked. Evergreen’s own nose twitches at the abundance of scents lingering here. He must, however, remind himself of the mission at hand. Keen is still out there, somewhere, lost in the bitter winter. The bearish wolf inhales, and tries to pinpoint any scent of wolves. There are some; he steps forward, about to descend in his search, even if some hints are long old.

Fur bristles across his spine, unaware of the presence behind him until they announced themselves. His ears swerve in the direction of the chuff, and Evergreen turns his vibrant green eyes to the male. “Oh,” he exhales, deflating a bit and offering a grin and soft wave of his tail. “Hey.”
207 Posts
Ooc —
He tenses slightly when the man bristles, preparing himself for a hostile reception. Yet the other's expression changes when he turns, and Winterbourne finds himself unexpectedly affected by the sparkling green gaze. He swallows, immediately uncomfortable, but tries to smile back anyway. It only sort of works. Hi, He says, trying and failing to force himself to relax. For some reason, the stranger's friendliness only increases the tension building in his chest and shoulders. His gaze drops after a few beats and he falls silent, too wrapped up in his own conflict to realize he should probably make some attempt at conversation.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
While the stranger seems hesitant at first, he appears friendly; that alone calms Evergreen. It is odd, however, to see someone nearly as twitchy as he is. His smile grows a bit, trying to convey that he is far from a threat. “Do you come here often?” Curiosity gleams in the bearish wolf’s eyes. The Lair is a mystery, as are the mountains that surround them. Evergreen would appreciate a guide if he is familiar with the land. Of course, he is completely oblivious to how the line sounds.
207 Posts
Ooc —
His own expression returns to something more neutral as he studies the stranger, though he tries to keep a friendly demeanor. Something about the man rubs him the wrong way, though he can't figure out what. Perhaps the fact that he's asking pointless questions before he even asks his name; it seems a little rude. His discomfort definitely has nothing to do with the strange fluttering in his chest. Uh, I guess, He says after a moment, one ear twitching in annoyance. Why?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
"I guess" is better than Evergreen's bewilderment, that's for sure. So he takes it as an affirmative, decides that fate and lady luck are kind to him today. Perhaps now it'll help gear him in the correct direction of Keen, too. Is that asking too much? Evergreen remains cheery, eyebrows lifting with his grin towards the stranger—peering at him as if he is a savior in a dark, scary place and Evergreen himself is a damsel stuck in distress. Awesome, the Easthollow resident chirps. I'm, uh... looking for someone? I'm not familiar with the Mountains though. Would you mind if I tag along with you? Evergreen does not realize he is doing it, but he's giving the poor kid the biggest puppy dog eyes the teddy bear can make.