Cricket Creek Bog Another day
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
Just a late night activity post, anyone's welcome to join in

About two weeks Rye had been apart of RedHawks, time mostly spent moseying around but still he wasn't accustomed to the land. That and he still hadn't met majority of the pack, Rye figured everyone was busy, which he didn't mind. The male kept himself occupied, napping, eating, and now venturing to Cricket Creek Bog. Though the name was unknown to Rye, he didnt care. He was just up for a late night walk, though out of territory, he wasn't worried about much other than wolves, and other predators. However, it was night, so Rye kept hope that most major threats would be asleep but he knew some hunted in the light of the moon. 

The thing Rye was hit with first upon reaching the bog was the loud Crickets, Grasshoppers and God knows what else, singing a seemingly out of tune song. It was a song in a language Rye didn't understand, and frankly, he hoped he'd never learn, probably nothing but nonstop chattering anyways. Ignoring the chirps, the multi colored male made his way through the wetland, his paws slightly sinking into the mud with each step and with that, he got closer to the stream. As Rye was walking he could feel the occasional Cricket, or Grasshopper tap his legs, sides and sometimes neck as they scrambled to get away from him. Rye laughed as a few got caught in his fur and squrimed to get free of his thick pelt, feeling their little legs wiggle against his skin and eventually push off from it. 

The bog was peaceful to Rye, though the songs the insects sung was still horrendous, the male was still at peace on the chilly night. It was a beautiful, partly cloudy night, the moon just peeking out enough from under a cloud to shed some light upon the land.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Just wanted to get it moving and on my list~

Determined to fined more places to find fresh game, Cry ventures out even more than he typically did. Carefully passing the Caldera, he made up his mind to visit them on his return, just to see who their neighbors were, despite Phex having visited them already. 

Passing the rocky outcrop, Cry eventually made his way to a bog, and while keeping alert for anything suspiciously edible, he made it through the wetty mess of mud and slop. 

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The stream was freezing but inviting, the sounds of the water running was soothing and the taste, or rather lack thereof, was unuiqe. The natural filters the stream had, made the water incredibly pure, something most lakes didn't offer. Whether due to the fish within, or other variables but lakes were still viable options to drink from. Rye lifted his head from the water and spotted a dark figure moving, almost undefinable but thanks to the light the moon gave Rye was able to confirm that it was another wolf. The males ears cupped forward, listening in on whatever he could and it wasn't much due to the songs being sung around him. He questioned whether or not he should make his presence known, but given the fact there wasn't much to hide behind, he may as well make contact. 

A quick bark was voiced the stangers way, just to gain their attention, "Hey!" Rye shouted, "Are you friend or foe?" The distance between the two made Rye greatful, it would provide protection. Though only a small amount, it was enough for Rye to feel comfortable in making himself known.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry halted, his body neutral to the voice of the younger male. Auds targeted the exact place of where he had been called from, and a flick of a now flaccid black flag indicating he had acknowledged his watcher.  “The fact that you have to ask explains a lot.” The athletic body of the older male would be intimidating to some, mysterious to others, as Cry was heralding quite a few impressive scars, namely the crisscrossing patchwork of them from his bear attack so many years ago. “But I don’t exactly know who you are, so who am I to say?

Turning a dark head to the agouti make, glacials made contact with those of his company across the stream. Turning his body to confront the male. “But I’m not hostile unless you are.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye, despite his better judgement, took steps towards the dark male, slowly ridding the two of the distance between them but not without leaving some left. His eyes never left the stranger as he walked, oncing the male over to get a read on him. Clearly athletic, his body was peppered with what Rye guessed to be battle scars. A fighter? The other males words seemed to say otherwise. "You're in luck, I'm not hostile either. Quite the opposite, so long as you remain cordial and civil. I think we'll be alright." He kept his voice calm, with a hint of play within.

"So tell me then, what's an athlete such as yourself doing here? Out for a late night jog?" Rye joked, testing the mearky waters. He wanted to know if a sense of humor was present with the other male, or if they were more of a stick in the mud. 

So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry wanted to snort at the bravado of the male, knowing full well he had innumerable different algorithms that he could use to not only pin, but efficiently kill the agouti with. He could effortlessly choose between whether he would use the most torturous or the most swift of deaths, and when to do so, the different feigns he could initiate with. As Cry studied the male, he had realized he hadn’t introduced himself at the subtle inclination, but never mind that. He did have to admit he hadn’t been on his assassinhood training, as he was trying to get over that livelihood. So maybe he had in fact gotten rusty in his trade. He could slip in one of those pins or even miss his mark. Maybe he was lucky. 

Perhaps.

Settling on dark hinds, Cry have his company a bit more chance at relaxing as he showed he wasn’t intending to kill him, should the same be proven rather than spoken.

In truth, I was looking for hunting trails. I had eaten a while back, but always better to be prepared.

A canted crown of vacuum-like darkness as he regarded the male. “How about yourself?

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Ryes curiosity had been piqued by the other males scars, each one could tell a story, maybe some might tell the same but this wolf had seen his fair share of battles. It was both worrisome, and intruiging. Rye wasn't well versed in fighting, mostly choosing to resolve squabbles with words, so if a fight was to ensue, his death would swiftly follow. That was something Rye wasn't happy with, his inability to fight good would eventually be his undoing. He would have to learn sometime but for now, it's too late. As to why Rye was here? Well, "I'm exploring the land, trying to see whats out here. In a way, same as you I suppose."

"My names Rye by the way, Rye Black." He informed, giving a slight bow of the head, a small smile accompanying. "You belong to a pack? Has'ta be far from here, I didn't smell any packs while on my trek to Redhawks, and I did cover a lot of distance but perhaps I just missed it." Rye shrugged, still very unfamiliar with the land around him and the possible packs surrounding him. There was so much he had yet to learn.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
I do, actually,” Cry confirmed with the younger male. “My Family isn’t too far from your own.” Shadewood, the massive junglesque drench of woodland that was warmer than most of the lands here. He had been there for quite some time with the pack he had accumulated so far. “Shadewood, if you know of it?”

Cry dipped his crown in a light can’t to the introduction, humble yet near regal. “I am Cry, Watcher of the Keep. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Black.” A gentlemanly smile perused over the maw of the usually quiet Phantom.  “I’ve met one of your own before- her name was Caiaphas, if it rings any bells. Lovely woman.” It was a lie, but should they not become allies, it would have atleast started from their end and not his.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Family? Rye didn't feel they were family just yet, he was sure they felt the same. That was a title earned by more than a few weeks with the pack. The male was tempted to correct the other but Rye saw no point. He wasn't going to see Cry after this chance encounter, right? However Cry's mention of his pack not being too far from his own gave way to more chance encounters, maybe RH and this Shadewood pack could become allies. Though, this was a thought for another time.
"Likewise Cry, but if you'd like you may call me Rye." He offered the other. 'Mr. Black', he hadn't been called that since his time spent up north. Boy did that bring back memories.

It was quite the disadvantage not knowing pack territories, Rye prefered to say a good distance away from most. Never knowing who were allies and enemies. Cry's talk of meeting one of the RH members, and his pleasant remarks about the mentioned female, though she was unknown to Rye, was a good sign. Perhaps the two packs were on good terms. There was cetainly hope. "No, I've never heard of her but that may be just because I haven't met her. I'm still new around here, I know enough to get back to my pack but thats about it. Though, thanks to your contribution. I now know of you."
Thinking back to Cry's self introduction, the Watcher of the keep part replayed in Rye's mind. Watcher? What on earth was that supposed to mean? Rye quickly spoke up again before the other could speak a syllable, "Oh, and Watcher? What is that?" The answer might be painfully obvious but Rye was clearly oblivious.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry nodded, noting that the youth wasn't as ruffled about the formality as Koro had been of the lack of it. Yet the elder wished his name be fully extended while the youth wanted it shortened- Cry figured some were simply different than others in their desires. It mattered little what Cry called this agouti- what mattered was that a face, location, and scent was harbored in the unforgetting mind of his. 

"Well, Rye, it means that I am the one who oversees all of Shadewood and it's inhabitants within the Keep. The 'Alpha', but with a fancy name." He was honest, delivering knowledge of what he could, while remaining a bit more relatable at best. He didn't want to seem disconnected, or abhorring to regular customs. The essence of Shadewood was to mold together and become a unity- Or so he desired for the small band of Family that was growing each and every day.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye was a little shocked to find out Cry was the Alpha but he took that back after assessing the others nature, stature and the way they talked and soon the shock left and Rye was left unsurprised. He questioned how good of an Alpha Cry was, fair and just, or manipulative and self-centered. Rye didn't possess the skills to read through lies, at least not well enough to get anywhere, so reading through each and everything they said was not an option. Rye was just going to have to trust they were who they presented themselves to be. "I've never been Alpha but I do understand it is no easy job, I wish you luck throughout your reign." Rye offered a small smile and a quick nod of his head, his wishes were true, no leader deserves to struggle under pressure. That is one sure-fire way to ruin someone, and a ruined leader is no good but what good is a leader that can't handle pressure? To Rye, being Alpha seemed to be quite the circus.

"Where is Shadewood at? I don't want to get too close, I'm confident your pack is protective of their land, so I don't want to start anything unnecessary." Sure Rye would smell the boundries before he crossed them but he didn't know just how protective they were. The male had come across many packs on his journey to Redhawks, some wouldn't let outsiders come within twenty feet of the broder, others were even worse. Rye knew it was better to play it safe.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry chuckled at the mention of leading being hard. As of the moment, it was rather easy- everyone did whatever they wanted, primarily. Those who struggled to lead only proved they had too many restrictions. "Believe it or not, it's rather simple, Rye. Too many rules is what complicates a pack. The unnecessary drama and enemies...that's what makes leading hard. But should you and your family share ideals, being completely neutral to eveyrone, helpful, even, then everything falls away as sand to rain." Cry had allowed those who had nowhere to go to enter his home. No one came bearing grudges, nor having enemies. And should they, that was over with, now. Everything was simple, and they enjoyed each other. Everyoone was friendly, polite, and growing closer by the minute. That was how a pack was meant to be.

"Shadewood is- well, I don't mind showing you, should you want to go see? I'm a bit bad at vocal directions." A light smile had laughed slightly on his lips as he thought about his inconsistency. Being able to track down anyone and anything, but terrible at giving someone directions.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Jumping past all that was said before, Rye was delighted to hear he was invited to visit Cry's territory. It could help form good terms between Redhawk and Shadewood if Rye had good words about it. The male was certainly excited but a thought popped up, this wasn't exactly safe, however, going against his better judgement Rye decided to risk it. Cry seemed to be honest, what ulterior motive could the other male have? Cannibalism? Surely not, to Rye food didn't seem that scarce in these parts. "I would love to, thank you." Rye said in a chipper tone, a bright smile presant.

Archive after your post?
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry nodded at the acceptance, appreciating the lack of bombard of questions more skeptical souls would interrogate with. It only reminded him of @Bat, the ebony youth with the extraordinary ears who had seeked  them in earlier times. What seemed forever ago was near yesterday in the mind of a man who remembered faces as well as he. He wondered would Phex have had a playmate should she have stayed.

A turned shoulder and a redirected body brought the Phantom back in the direction from which he came, this time as he chose a more direct route, both to save he and his company’s time. And off they ventured where the home lay.