Lost Creek Hollow Conceived solely
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
It was really cold and just starting to snow.  Great weather, huh?  It was probably a good thing that most wolves came with nice thick winter coats, but even through that it wasn't exactly pleasant and warm in Treason's opinion.  It made her wonder just how long she'd want to be out wandering around before retreating to somewhere sheltered.

Either way, she was more reliably feeling better today.  Not perfect, certainly, but well enough that she was pretty sure a casual patrol wasn't going to upset her stomach again.  Maybe she was just getting used to it.  Honestly, she wasn't sure and to a certain point didn't care as long as she was able to actually be useful again.  That was the entire reason she even bothered right now -- she wasn't the type who liked being continually fussed over and forced to do nothing, so being able to wander while @Terance was off doing other things was a nice opportunity to pretend everything was normal.  Treason hadn't exactly been the greatest social butterfly as of late, so it was probably a good idea for her to see what they'd been up to.  The real question was anyone would be out in this cold.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Since his return to leadership, Rannoch had noticed Treason's unsociable behavior—even though it wasn't totally out of character for her. What struck him as peculiar was that he hadn't run into her on the borders. Their territory's parameters were where they usually ran into each other but, this had not been the case as of late. 

"Treason," Rannoch called through a thin veil of snow. She was stalking away in the distance, but her silhouette was unmistakable. Finally, he thought. Without another word to his fellow leader, Rannoch redirected his meandering with a newfound purpose—he was going to catch up to her and with her, whether she liked it or not.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Some of Treason's time spent away from the majority of the pack was probably in Good Idea territory.  Hormones and all that would probably end up causing more trouble than it would have been worth.  Okay, there wasn't as big of an excuse for her most recent absence other than her not wanting to show up showing any signs of weakness.  In all honesty she hadn't thought about what others might have thought of it.  It just didn't register because for the most part, she just didn't care what other people thought, simple as that.

As she was walking along, she heard the call and looked back to spot Rannoch coming up behind.  See?  He was a good example of one where she wasn't interested in being anything but her steadfast self -- but with him it was more just to prove she was dutiful rather than keeping a Machiavellian grip on her reputation.  Either way, she'd be thankful she hadn't really been sick today -- no distractions other than to see what he wanted.  Rannoch would be able to catch up easy enough, but she slowed more just to make it simple.  When he was within range, she responded with a polite dip of her head, Rannoch.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
In time, Rannoch caught up with Treason, his delay caused by the slush underfoot and the hitch in his gait. Without thinking, he gently bumped his shoulder to hers, as if silently embracing her presence. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"  Rannoch remarked. 

"How are you?" he asked, the question two-sided. On one hand, Rannoch was curious about how she was doing but, on the other hand, he wondered if she was pregnant. Hopefully, she'd be open with him about how she was really doing.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Rannoch had been out of the loop so long she wasn't sure any more how he'd previously greeted her.  Maybe that was why it felt overly-familiar to her?  He wasn't Terance, after all, and she generally preferred her personal space staying uninvaded.  Anyway, she didn't really react much, as per usual.  Treason did nod her head, though, It has.  But I suppose it should happen more often again now, hm?  He was back to being a leader and thus should have to patrol too, of course.

Unfortunately for Rannoch, this was Treason.  She was cagey as all get out.  The only reason Terance would even be able to guess the answer was that he showed up at the right (or wrong) time, and that was up to his analysis.  So she answered at the surface level, as it wasn't a dishonest answer.  Well enough.  Hadn't thought anyone would be out in this weather.  A good majority of the pack were probably tucked away somewhere warm.  But yup, as far as she knew, nothing out of the ordinary.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"It should," Rannoch agreed with a smile. "I'm making it a point to reacquaint myself with the borders. It's not hard, obviously, but, it's been some time since I've been around these 'parts." His expression faltered then, and he added, "I'm a bit slower now, too, so it's taking longer than I anticipated." 

Rannoch couldn't help but crack a smile when Treason mentioned the weather, and he nodded in understanding. "I didn't either," he replied; their crossing paths had been dumb luck. "But duty calls in all weather conditions."
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
He did bring up a point, whether he realized it or not... She was the only one of the leaders who was entirely able bodied, and she was likely to be taken out of commission at some point from her own choices.  Her slight frown at that thought was fairly synchronized with Rannoch's own, but obviously for a slightly different reason.  She couldn't really afford to completely relax the way Seabreeze and Olive probably had, but how would she juggle things? One would hope trouble wouldn't find them, but expecting it to cooperate meant fate certainly wouldn't. Hopefully you'll continue to improve. But at least I don't think the borders have changed much.  They existed. That's about it.

Maybe trouble takes snow days. Smart troublemakers probably did. Sure, it could help them be stealthy, but on the other hand, it could work against them for the same reason.  Treason lowered her head and sniffed along a trail they passed. Nothing unfamiliar.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Yeah," Rannoch replied, agreeing to both of Treason's remarks. "I need to make sure that I don't over-do it—especially after I come back from Eslyium's festival." He paused then, his head tilting as he wondered, "You know about that, right?" Rannoch was sure she had, but he wanted to make sure. "But, yeah, nothing is really different about the borders."

The motion of trouble taking snow days tickled Rannoch. "That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he mused in reply. "Speaking of—how is Joss doing?" Rannoch hadn't taken time to visit Lost Creek Hollow's delinquent.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Eugh, yes, the Elysium event.  At least for now, she'd leave her response simple, even though she could probably rant about it for a little while if poked about it.  Yes.  I think I'll sit this one out.  Not only was she not really into whatever variety of woo they were trying to sell, it seemed like it would be an amazingly socially awkward situation to be in.  And she certainly wasn't going without Terance, that'd make it even weirder.  'Oh yeah, hi, I'm probably pregnant with your ex's next batch of kids, but he's not here and not only do I not like you but I think you're spewing nonsense.'  Yeah, that'd go over great.  At least if he was there, turnabout from last time would be fair play.

About Joss though... He was a weird one.  He isn't exactly the smartest wolf -- I think he's gone out of his way to make things harder on himself a few times.  But he seems to work if instructed -- we'll see how good a job he does.  There was still the issue of what to do with him after (or besides what Treason had assigned).  As far as she knew, though, he still had a fair amount of work yet to do, so she wasn't going to worry about it.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded; he wasn't surprised that Treason was sitting out Elysium's festival.  "Any idea if Terance wants to go?" he asked, "He hasn't said anything to me either way but, I was wondering if he said something to you about it." Although Ibis and Okeanos lived there, he knew that they had visited Lost Creek Hollow recently. 

"Hm," Rannoch said as he reflected on Treason's feedback. "Do you think that he'll be able to one day join the rest of us in the ranks?" Or was housing him a waste of everybody's time?
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
It did surprised her a little bit that Terance hadn't said his plans to Rannoch.  Maybe it was just bad timing -- she had monopolized his time a lot recently... He's not going either, last it was mentioned.  Afraid it would be too much drama if he did.  Well, paraphrased at least.  She didn't know if Rannoch knew that Olive hadn't exactly been on her best behavior at the last event.  If he did, at least it might not be too much of a stretch why drama might be had.  Treason would be happy to kind-of-explain if asked, though.  Never miss a chance to diss someone you don't like...

I think that will become obvious through how he completes what I've assigned.  If he just does a minimal, sloppy job then it might be best to just tell him he's on his own if I'm not even scary enough to set him on the right path, she mused.  Honestly, though, Treason had ended up being pretty fair to him -- partially because she had an array of other things to keep her busy.  Perhaps at a different time she'd have actually carried through with her threats to chew on him.  I can always tell him he has to do something for you after, though, if you'd rather see for yourself?
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Makes sense," Rannoch agreed, considering Terance and Seabreeze's history. "I'll make sure to inform them of your absences—I'm sure they'll appreciate it." He glanced at her for a brief moment, wondering if she'd object. "I'll also bring some company—I believe that @Gannet and @Dawn had both expressed interest in attending." It would be good to have company in his travels. 

"Well, I'm sure that you will be motivation enough," Rannoch mused in regards to Treason's report, "But, yes, if he's sloppy about his job, we shouldn't be wasting resources on him," especially with new life on the way. "I'd like to see how he hunts—extra stores in the cache never hurts," he decided after contemplating what needed to be done. "Perhaps he can report to @Nara, and she could show him some things if his ability is lacking."
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Appreciate it.  Yeah.  Right.  Honestly she didn't know what they'd think of things, but that would likely depend on what and how Rannoch said whatever he did to them.  But it also wasn't like Treason had gone and shared every detail out there with him.  There was the always the option to make some obvious conclusions, she just didn't know if he would.  Whatever. They left, it wasn't their business really anyway.  Hopefully everyone enjoys themselves.  Last time the trip back had been better than the actual festival, but yeah, as if she'd say that -- maybe to Terance.  Is there anything special we should do while you're gone, besides just making sure the pack is still here when you return?  There was a little humor in that, but eh.  She didn't expect there would be much.  After all this thread is way in the past now so uh... Yeah. It'd have to be BTS.

I think Joss has done some hunting, but he probably could use some assistance.  He was just a bony creature when we found him and he hasn't improved on that particularly quickly.  A little.  Maybe.  It was hard to tell when he seemed to do a good job avoiding her.  Either way, she'd certainly seen fitter specimens of their species than him.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"I hope so, too," Rannoch agreed, still not knowing that the festival would entail. Frankly, he found it all to be a little strange but, he'd never openly admit his reservations. "Regardless, it'll be nice to finally see Elysium for  and meet some of the others, since I heard that multiple packs were invited." The wolves of Lost Creek Hollow had not gone out of their way to make alliances since their move, and he hoped to change that. 

"The pack being here would be nice," Rannoch mused in reply to Treason's crack; he appreciated her darker sense of humor. "The only thing I can really think about is keeping an eye out if Liffey needs anything—I know she's her own woman, and can do things on her own, but I don't like being away from her,— "—especially since she's pregnant," Rannoch kept the later thought to himself. They wouldn't spear the good news until her pregnancy was indisputable. 

"I'll let Nara know, then. He can start with that once he's accomplished everything that you need him to do," he decided, upon hearing about Joss' abilities. Then, curiously, he wondered, "What have you been having him do?"
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She nodded her head, Can be done.  With a couple of random detours.  Treason really hadn't spent much time with Liffey at all ever though, so... That'd probably be more Terance than her doing that.  She'd just make sure no bad guys got in or anything.

But back to Joss... I tasked him with widening a den I found -- I think a fox or something made it originally.  I wasn't particularly looking forward to doing it myself.  But it was going to be necessary, wasn't it? Okay, sure, some wolves liked sleeping in dens all the time and that could be their excuse but Treason wasn't really one of those.  Her pelt was thick enough that she could stand most weather.  It'd be a nice amount of physical labor where Joss could think about the meaning of life and how he should not be an idiot.  It also meant she could sort of keep an eye on him.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Good," Rannoch approved, "That should hopefully show us something." Although unsure of his expectations, he could only hope that they'd be exceeded. "I guess we'll just reevaluate later," Rannoch added, seeing that there was nothing else to say on the topic. 

"Is there anything you need from me support wise?" he asked after a pause. Although he had originally intended to catch up with Treason, they had everything but discuss her personal affairs. "Or anything at all? You know I'm a good listener if you ever need one."
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Joss would continue to be a question for a while.  Time would tell.  Anyway.  Her avoiding talking about herself was totally the best option in Treason's eyes, even if she hadn't known that was what had been planned.  It was pretty much her least favorite subject, which maybe was surprising given her ego.  Either way, she shook her head.  Thank you, but everything's fine at the moment.  At least as far as she knew.  This far along she was still fully capable of doing things herself.  What would she need?  Dunno.  Liffey was probably more needy than her to start with.  Even later on, Treason was a very independent creature and wouldn't ask for help unless she had to.  Maybe she'd ask Terance if needed.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Alright," Rannoch replied with a nod; he was disappointed, but he did not disclose how he felt. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I think I better get a move on," Rannoch said, suddenly thinking of Liffey, "I'm sure that there's something we have to prepare—the children will be here before we know it."

"I'll see you around?" he asked, stalling his departure for a brief moment.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
And there was always later.  Later she would actually need help, despite her independent spirit, but there was all the chance that Rannoch's own children would keep him occupied the majority of the time -- as it seemed to be doing now -- but eh, at least she had Terance.  She'd be happy with that, probably. Stuff could always go awry.  

At Rannoch's question, she snorted. I'm not exactly planning on going anywhere. You're stuck with me for the forseeable future.  Treason, however, would continue on with the patrol for a while longer on her own. So good evening.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"I'm glad," Rannoch replied with a smile, "Good evening, Treason. Have a good one," he then turned from where they had spoken and trotted off.