Hushed Willows [festival] remember what you were made to be. remember your words.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
There were so many godless wolves amongst the Teen Wilds, that sometimes it made Olive feel somewhat heartbroken. There was such wonder and understanding to be had, if one opened the gods into their mind, body and soul. There were many who, upon further investigation, did appreciate the Gods’ splendor and read their words without realizing it, though the turning of the tides, the seasons, weather patterns and, of course, the stars. Olive had a sneaking suspicion that Aure was one of those wolves.

Olive indulged Aure’s curiosities.
“Well, to know what might happen in the future, you can look for synchronicities. It is how the Gods speak, and how we can understand them.” Her deities didn’t speak through the stars, Olive had realized after many years, because the map of the sky did not change — it was always predictable. Instead, they spoke through relationships, and physical relation, to the stars themselves. 

The dove raised her eyebrows provocatively.
“If you love a star, or a group of stars means something great to you, look out for it.” Then she cast a glance towards the sky herself, wondering if she might happen to catch one of her special stars. “My first girl is named after the constellation Cassiopeia, and I oftentimes see her stars appear when times are tough. I like to this it’s an omen that everything will be okay — no matter what.” A dulcet smile had settled over her features at the memory, but suddenly a shiver rang down her spin.

“— but I know that, when I see the constellation Sirius, there are only trials and hurdles ahead.”

Olive did not care to expand or elaborate upon that. She quickly recovered. “You can also read the stars to know about an event that has occurred. If your little ones were born tonight, they would be born under a group of stars called aquarius. You could probably expect them to be strikingly independent and uncompromising in their ideals. Of course, you could interpret different stars for different reasons, and you might get a different answer every time. It’s mostly about what resonates with you, and what your intuition is telling you.” If the Gods were present inside each one of them, then intuition surely must be the link the bound them all together. “To learn about your little ones, I find it best to pray first. Meditate upon them.”  Olive demonstrated by closing her eyes and taking three, deep, cleansing breathing.

“Then you wait for the signs to appear, or the knowledge to rush into you.”  Her ivy eyes slid open, reflecting the brightness of the night sky. She considered the stars for a moment, then cast Aure a knowing smile. “Shall we?” she suggested, ready to lead the woman in a consultation with the gods, if she wished. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread