Hushed Willows the light is coming [festival]
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was a weird feeling, knowing the Rannoch had also departed from Sunspire for the same reasons as she — well, one key difference being the small fact that Olive and Seabreeze had fallen in love and pledged harmony and safety to one another — and she felt that it helped absolve a small part of the guilt she felt regarding the entire situation. Did Sunspire collapse because she and her family had left? No, the problems that drove them from their happy home were not only theirs. It was an unfortunate reality that Rannoch’s family had to suffer the same, only for their fate to be the same. 

The good thing was, it seemed to work out for the both of them. They were where they were meant to be, after so much strife.
“Rannoch, that’s lovely,” she said about Lost Creek Hollow. She knew about the Hollow since they had been in attendance at the Yule Celebration, and because Terance would come to visit every so often, so perhaps the fact that Rannoch had moved from the Sunspire shouldn’t have surprised her. 

Olive bit the inside of her cheek, knowing exactly the woes of having a child disappear without a trace. In all her cases, her children has resurfaced with out harm… eventually. They never returned, but at least they were safe. Olive had come to expect this are a part of adolescence, of growing up.
“I am sorry to hear about your daughter — Eleuthera and Séamus have flown the coop as well. I would bet that she is also out exploring the world, and will return eventually. They always do.” She reached out a twiggy, pale arm to touch Rannoch’s own in solidarity. Parenting was the same, no matter where you lived or what species you were.

Anywho, time for fun! Olive grabbed the willows branch once more, readjusting it in her mouth so that she could clumsily spill out an explanation.
“Well, grab a branch and you go like this…” but demonstration was often the best way of learning, so the slight woman proceeded to leap and dance and twirl with abandon. She only stopped when she realized that she looked absolutely and totally silly doing it alone. Already breathless, she commented through gritted teeth “It’s better with two dancers.” and hoped that Rannoch might join in.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
the light is coming [festival] - by Rannoch’s Ghost - February 25, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: the light is coming [festival] - by Olive - February 26, 2019, 07:19 PM
RE: the light is coming [festival] - by Olive - March 13, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: the light is coming [festival] - by Olive - April 22, 2019, 08:16 PM
RE: the light is coming [festival] - by Olive - May 23, 2019, 10:34 PM