Swiftcurrent Creek Please help me chop this tree down
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Her plan failed miserably. Green eyes matched green and they stared at one another. She knew there was no winning for her, her size and lacking skills in a fight would most definitely not end well for her. Despite this knowledge at the back of her head, she heaved with all her might, straining every muscle. Pulling once, twice, three times. Now her lungs screamed, and her shoulder burned begging her to let go.

Still glaring in a rage at the man, she was stuck. Lie had got herself in this situation and now had no way out. Not without admitting defeat. Her nose twitched, something new. The sensation of something dripping down her leg startled her, but still she refused to let go. The scent of her fresh blood slowly filled the space between the wolves. Apparently, the gash wasn’t ready for such harsh treatment.

With on last hailmary pull Lie used every once of her strength to pull the deer from Kavik’s firm grip. As she pulled, finally something gave way. Just not where she expected. The leg coming free from its hold on the rest of the carcass. Rosalie was suddenly the victim of physics as she tumbled backward, no longer having any tension to hold her in place.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
She continued to pull on the carcass even when the wound on her shoulder opened up and fresh blood oozed from the opening. When the scent filled the alpha's nose, anger settled over him. He was about to drop the carcass and insist she do the same, but then the leg she had been holding pealed away from the rest of the deer, and she was falling, causing him to wince as he dropped whatever he had been holding in his own mouth. Rosalie, he said anxiously. Food forgotten, he ran over to where she had fallen and looked her over worriedly. Are you okay? he asked, any anger from before gone as panic washed over him. Why did he not just let her have her way? Now she was probably hurt even worse than if he had just let her carry the damn bird. He touched his nose gently to her cheek if allowed, not caring in the face of his worry that she might not want him to touch her. I'm sorry, he murmured, a lump of guilt sitting heavy in his stomach as he waited for her to get up.
I'm no good without you
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Tears rimmed her eyes, clouding her vision. Not from her shoulder, or the fresh rolling pain flowing from the gash. No, she was angry with herself. She just made everything worse, and now she embarrassed and humiliated. Startled by a wet nose on her cheek, she looked up, not having heard his words.

He apologized, and she had no idea why. Why was he being so kind, and tolerant. Why was he putting up with all of her shit! But for the first time in a long time, someone was making her feel cared for. Just like Alessia had since they were small children. No one had cared for her like Alessia did, no one. Not even her own family. It was the reason she was so deeply in love with the dark pelted woman. The whole reason she [Alessia] held every inch of her heart.

“I don’t understand.” She murmured just loud enough for him to hear. “Why do put up with me?” Lie hadn’t realized the words had left her lips until she was looking back up him, and slowly rising to her paws.
1/5
5/5

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Confusion moved across his face at her words, and he leaned against her to give her leverage to pull herself up from the ground. When he was sure she wouldn't fall back down, he looked at her, his expression tender. I'm just as much at fault for this as you are. I believe we were both being pretty stubborn just now, the alpha answered first. But it was more than that, and the answer to her question went farther back than just today, not that he considered it to be putting up with her. 
Watching you love the children as much as I do makes me want to ensure that you want for nothing, he answered truthfully. How could he not take care of someone who so selflessly took care of the beings he loved more than anything else in existence? And, well, I....care about you and want to make sure you feel like you belong here. Kavik looked away, afraid of how she would react to his last admission. It was the truth, though. Not a day had passed since their fight that he hadn't been filled with immense guilt and regret over the things he had said to her. He was not a cruel man, and he had been cruel to her that night; it was something he would continue to try and make up for for a long time, he was sure. And on top of that, she had slowly made her way into his heart, and now he couldn't imagine their family without her.
I'm no good without you
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

There was a deep seated goodness in this man that Lie just couldn’t understand. She pushed and pushed yet his anger never truly frightened her. Rosalie felt a strange sense of protection when in his presence that allowed her to be such a massive pain in the ass. The brunet had felt fear before, seen the kind of anger that made you fear for your life, yet Kavik never portrayed such a façade.

“You are to good Kavik.” perhaps to good. She couldn’t help the lingering thought in the back of her mind, the idea that his kindness could bring about so many horrid things. Giving him one last look, she limped toward the den. Exhausted by the day, all she wanted was to curl up with her children and fade away. Giving herself to a dreamless sleep. “Let’s go back.” Not bothering to see if the man was following with the remains of their potential dinner. She was quickly running out of the ability to walk, now that she was on the move, she wouldn’t stop.
1/5
5/5

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He sighed and looked away at her words. Good was not a word he would use to describe himself, not with all of the mess he had left in the wake of his most recent bad decisions. Liri came to mind then; the look on her face when he told her about Alessia and their children would haunt him forever. That alone was proof he was not good. He wanted to refute her observation, but she looked exhausted and ready to collapse, so when she suggested they go back, he didn't argue. Kavik collected the pieces of carcass that had been the unfortunate victims of their ridiculous tug of war, and followed closely behind Rosalie, eyes watching her carefully incase she seemed unable to continue walking at any point on the way back to the den.
I'm no good without you