Great Bear Wilderness I'm building this house on the moon
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
It had been rare in recent days that he strayed beyond the confines of the mountain and its adjoining forests. It had been difficult now to embark on just a short jaunt outside of them and the reasons were few, namely, Hydra. He had been in pursuit of her for a stretch, only now emboldened by the height of her estrus, and the inability to quell a fire that burned hotly within. It may have been that very reason that forced him down and out from the mountain too, where more humid and warmer climes had greeted him swiftly with the change of elevation—he needed to clear his own head, set it straight once again.

Of course, his change in routine didn't mean he'd manage this task alone either. It was just as likely he would not remain alone for long, for @Hydra pursued him much in the same way he had her. If not her, then perhaps another. It was the wilderness after all, and he was not a fool to think that others did not skirt closely to claimed grounds. Even miles out like he was now, the mountains of near and far loomed until the forests swallowed them whole.

And it was there that he swiftly learned, he was not alone. At first there was one voice to punctuate the solitude, and then another. Both of feminine lilts and given the season, that was all it took to lure him in. His steps were soft through the foliage, not entirely masked as he narrowed down where they were tucked away. The words were indistinct in their beginnings but soon recognizable words took hold, and he knew he was close.

Wait, hostile situation? Now his interest was piqued as an explanation followed.

”Did I miss all the fun? Seems to be the season for squalls and spats.” His opening line may have been poor in taste as he emerged from the brush—no doubt heard moments before—and his gaze surveyed them both before lingering over the wolfdog as though recognition would come. Yet it wasn't who he thought it was, not initially, though that exotic creature had spirited away from him and the weald both almost a year ago, and his gaze returned to the she-wolf curiously.

yay i finally found this thread. sorry this is bad.
Messages In This Thread
I'm building this house on the moon - by Cadeau - April 22, 2019, 12:21 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Tundra - April 22, 2019, 07:22 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Cadeau - April 23, 2019, 08:13 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Tundra - April 24, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Cadeau - April 24, 2019, 02:09 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Dirge - April 24, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Tundra - April 24, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Cadeau - April 24, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Dirge - April 25, 2019, 03:56 AM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Tundra - April 26, 2019, 03:49 PM
RE: I'm building this house on the moon - by Cadeau - April 26, 2019, 10:24 PM