Hushed Willows wohlhabend
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive leaned back and made an attempt to relax as Mahler examined her — it was not that she wasn’t open about these sorts of things, because she was, but her traumatized body was still quite tender. Moving around too much caused her soreness deep in the core of her being, and every once in a while the bleeding would resume, but it was more like spotting and did not concern Olive half as much as it concerned her wives.

With Mahler’s inspection complete, she shifted herself to lay normally and listened intently to his review. She agreed and was thankful, for Olive was the only one within Elysium who knew her garden’s contents and Seabreeze, a nurse, had no idea which to use in order to create medicines — that had always been Olive’s job — that, plus Seabreeze was reluctant to leave the side of her new sons and healing wife for longer than single, solitary moments. “We will help,” assured Seabreeze, and Ariel nodded in silent agreement.

That alone helped to serve Olive’s anxiety about the whole thing, and so did Mahler’s next comments. She visibly and audibly exhaled a breath that she didn’t know she was holding.
“It makes me so relieved to hear that," she breathed, letting her gaze fall and linger on the three small pups at her belly. For the most part they had snoozed right through her examination, which was a little reminiscent of how they had entered the world. 

Well, it looked like the doctor had completed his mission — he assured the mother of her health, the puppies of their health, and left joy where there once was only worry. But still, Olive could not help but wonder one thing.
“Why do you think it happened?” she asked, a little mournful. “Did I do something wrong?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 11, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 18, 2019, 05:40 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 24, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 25, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 28, 2019, 04:41 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - June 01, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - June 05, 2019, 03:20 PM