Northstar Vale "For the night is dark and full of terrors."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
For a brief moment, the healer thought she spied a flash of something in the raven's eyes - a wild and panicked emotion. The northron's composure fled her, concern brewing in her dark gaze as her lips parted to ask what had come over him. But as quickly as it had come, it was gone, and Sorin was making for the treeline. 

The Iratze fell into step with him, woodland gaze drawn to the trees as she considered how to begin. 

"You know the situation with Diaspora is tenous," she started in a collected timbre, "Yet the mountains remain quiet and our neighbors are just as silent."

"I know not yet if it will come to battle but they will not fight soon. From what Ruenna shared, they had several pregnant females before her departure. With young to think of, they are currently limited to the Lakes and I know not if they would attack with so many little ones to think of." 

"But one day, those pups will be of an age to travel the range and I believe that is when Diaspora will come for us," 
she murmured gravelly, glancing to him with a somber expression. There was no if, not with these conquerors who thought themselves Kings of the mountain. 

"I have searched the 'Spire for signs of such workings but we will not be caught unaware. That is where I require your assistance, Sorin," the woman of winter halted, facing him. 

"We will need to patrol frequently, take shifts watching from the peaks of the Vale, and train for combat." It went unspoken that if he had any other tactical advice regarding transforming the Vale into a fortress then he should share it - her dark eyes shone with a protective gleam, determination. 

"Will you help me prepare them?" She asked of him then, tones assured yet vaguely uncertain. That extinguished flicker in his eyes - would he be willing to fight should it come to that? "I have seen and known many terrible things but never war."

I need your help. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: "For the night is dark and full of terrors." - by Síff - May 16, 2019, 05:43 PM