Lost Creek Hollow I'm not gonna try and change your mind.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She kept quiet as he spoke, fighting for her own composure the more she heard from him; she knew not to blame him as the root of all evil and yet, there was a small bitterness inside of her that Ibis couldn't shake. Some carry-over from her childhood that now flavored how she felt about the people that should've been her sun and stars. She wanted to say something but found her words lacking, so she was silent.

Until he said, I am sorry if you don't care to know me. Her gaze was glistening, but at this point she managed to swallow her tears. Ibis could understand that the relationship her parents had wasn't a one-way street. That it didn't work because of issues between the two of them and not because Terance - or Seabreeze - had made a single decision to wreck it. But to hear her father's words now, it just didn't sound right. To know you? She peeped, her words shaking.

I want to know you, dad! That's the whole point. I -- her voice hitched again with emotion, glassy eyes beginning to drip. I just said so! I came here to -- you can't just say that, that's not fair! How dare he lie like that! How dare he claim she didn't want to know her own father; why else would she have come to the Hollow? Ibis sniffled and tried to calm herself so she could speak, but couldn't. She recoiled from her father instead and shook her head. You're not listening to me. I love you dad and I want you in my life, but right now -- maybe, m-maybe its not possible.

Going on the road would be easier than facing him. She wanted to be present for her family since it had grown, but this conversation was making it hard for her. In Ibis' inexperienced mind she was the unwanted. Her father had a new batch to love and raise — to get to know — and the girl felt her heart break. We'll come to visit sometime, she voiced, but there wasn't much power to the promise.

And, an afterthought as she began to slip away with her dainty, hasty steps: I'm sorry -- She just couldn't talk to him, she didn't know how without feeling her throat constrict with emotion. So Ibis did what came naturally, as she wasn't a fighter: she fled.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm not gonna try and change your mind. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 30, 2019, 03:43 PM