Blackfeather Woods Blueberry cigarillos
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW, maybe someone she hasn't met/interacted with much? :) (Tags for reference/visibility, I can edit the vague pp if needed)

With @Moonshadow dozing, curled protectively around the bairns, and @Tundra keeping a watchful eye over the whelping den, Istoira felt free to slip away from the thicket for a time. 

The shadow nimbled through the forest at the slow pace of a meanderer, avoiding the snares of creeper vines and put at ease by the foggy gloom of the Woods which had truly begun to feel like home. 

She'd yet to come upon the altar erected by Blackfeather's residents but as her vibrant gaze caught sight of the stump, bedecked with an elaborate collection of treasures, the sylph veered towards it curiously. 

She curled upon her dark haunches before the arrangement of offerings, maintaining a respectful distance lest she disturb the magicks in work. Her gaze wandered over the myriad of crystals, bones, feathers, and like with fascination - wondering silently what religion the odd wolves of the Wood observed.
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She had spotted the tattered creature once before but they had not spoke much. The last time they had seen each other had been with Nona present. No one else was here now though. Jakoul was not sure she saw this place as a conversational area though. At least when she knew nothing about it. She could not inform the stranger the importance of this area or what it all meant so she chose to remain silent about the place.

Yet there was also the desire to not startle the stranger with her silence presence. A gentle rumble stirred deep within her as she moved closer onto the scene and in turn, closer to the female.
40 Posts
Ooc —
The wolfdog nears, drawing the former slave's fiery eyes to her approach. 

The Storm-bringer watched her prowl closer, thinking of their previous and brief encounter. Istoira had been quick to dismiss her presence in favor of Maegi's, put off by the silent girl's defensive displays. A tinge of regret makes itself known now, in retrospect. Since finding herself an inhabitant of the Woods, Istoira had recognized the ties that held its dwellers together. It was not an obvious bond - not mushy or open like a family - but it was deep, old. It was more than loyalty, it was something akin to devotion - though whether they were devoted to the trees themselves, the leadership tier, or each other was something the black bitch had yet to unravel. 

"Hello again," Istoira greeted in return, shifting to allow Jakoul room to sit before the altar as well - if she so wished.
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
There were words she recognized better than others. Hello was an obvious one and she knew by now that it was a meant-well greeting that should be returned. Yet she remained silent even as she was greeted. It almost seemed as though the Merei was holding her breath.

Then it escaped her. A wispy sound of air escaping her, close to a sigh but not quite. Then a deep breath through her nose as she soaked in all the scents that surrounded them, eyes shutting for the time being. Home. She rumbled softly. Home? It presented like a question this time as she stole a glance at the tattered woman.
40 Posts
Ooc —
"Aye, home," she agreed, realizing that the woman didn't understand complicated speech though this didn't make her dim-witted in the firebrand's eyes; there was an undeniable glint of sentient intelligence in Jakoul's gaze. 

"Istoira," she introduced herself simply, muzzle bobbing towards her own chest. "Jakoul?" She asked for clarification, muzzle extending and stopping shy of the femme's chest.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
There was a slight prickle to her fur when the other got so close to her chest. Yet no sound of act of displeasure came from her. For she recognized her own name on Istoria's tongue. No malice present.

Yes. She responded with a soft whisper. That was her. Jakoul. A name she had always responded to and would continue to do so until she died or until a new title was casted upon her. The former was more likely than the latter.

What...know? Of here. Of everywhere. Of anything.