Ravensblood Forest There's something in the way I wanna cry
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
maia laughed at what he’d said. illidan looked to her with some surprise etched in his features. he had not anticipated that to have been her response. yes, his statement had been rather depressing, but the ghost had only been attempting to share his belief with her. in spite of the fact that she had giggled at his remarks, illidan felt relieved to have seen the smile that had touched her lips. she commented that it was a pretty dark way of viewing things. illidan breathed a sigh through his nose and glanced toward the ground. “yeah, i suppose that it is,” he agreed with her in a quiet tone.

when the girl went on to explain who it was that she had lost, illidan listened intently and did not interrupt her. all of it seemed to spill from her mouth without much context, which left him feeling out of place in the conversation and her life. it seems that she had developed a very close relationship with this charon, and that his death had taken a very drastic toll on her. thoughts raced through his mind – questions and worrisome voices – but he did nothing to voice them to her. for all of his social ineptitude, he understood that she needed someone to support her in a difficult time.

“he sounded like he was a good man, and sometimes good men leave us earlier than we would like,” illidan spoke softly. “maybe it is best that you don’t know what happened to him. it would be hard to remember him any other way, if you had further details.” this was not a guarantee, of course. he only wanted her to avoid the same haunting images that plagued his mind, coming and going as they pleased.
Messages In This Thread
There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 01:06 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 19, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Illidan - July 14, 2019, 12:58 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - July 20, 2019, 10:26 AM