Ankyra Sound Walking on the edge of something bigger
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
cadeau saw him and moved to approach. he didn’t mind; she was welcome in his home. illidan had always wanted her to feel as though she had a place within rusalka, whenever she decided she wanted to settle down. he knew that she longed to visit the other packs, but he felt a little jaded at the idea that there could be anything more out there – anything better – than what they had to offer within the sound. at least there, he knew she would be welcomed by the others. it was a start to overcoming the insecurities that she carried regarding her mixed blood. all of that would take a good deal of time, but he had faith that she would learn her own value soon enough.

“it’s okay,” illidan assured her when she had apologized for not visiting sooner. he felt moderately responsible when she mentioned that she had gotten lost. the ghost could have provided her with clearer directions to his beachside property. “things have been… difficult here, lately. i would have gone out to meet you somewhere, but i’m needed inside the pack right now.” all of this was true, but he still felt guilty for having to put their journey on hold until he could resolve what was happening.

“i stepped into the alpha role recently…”

it did not feel as though it was the title that he was meant to carry. that was his mother’s place in their pack. illidan feared that he would never be able to live up to what she had created. he also feared that she would not have a home to return to, if she was ever found.
Messages In This Thread
Walking on the edge of something bigger - by Cadeau - June 17, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Walking on the edge of something bigger - by Illidan - June 19, 2019, 12:35 AM