Stone Circle Double trouble
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Private 

Each day his siblings grow taller, bigger, and yet Newt remains scrawny. His gaze fixes on West, trying to figure out what the eldest of Greyback and Valette children is doing that he isn't. Is it the running around? Because Newt has the tendency to trip over air, and his chin is still sore from the last time he landed on it.

His ears—large and awkward looking with the tips still a bit flopped over—flick back when he makes eye contact with his brother. Newt knows that mischevious look, and prepares himself.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

The round boy had been in his own world, content with just existing when he felt eyes boring into his pelt. Had it been his Ma? He always seemed to get in trouble for something. So many rules he just wanted to explore and go out into the world.

He shied a glance around until his eyes locked with his younger brother. Oh— West grinned as he immediately dropped down into a playful stance and charged with every intention of tackling the small boy.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Newt averts his green eyes swiftly. Maybe if he does not stare, West will magically not see him. It makes sense in theory. Not so much in action. A scream escapes the greyscale boy’s lips. He hears the charge before he sees it, and the scholar attempts to scramble out of the way. Alas, his paws end up the end of him once more. He does gets only a few inches away. West barrels right into him.

Squished with his belly on the ground, Newt flails his forearms in attempt to army crawl out from under West’s big butt. Wessssst!! He squeaks in protest, and finally gives up escaping. In return, he tries to bend his head back to nip at his older brother playfully.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

The boy erupted with laughter as they tumbled down, him ending up on top while his smaller brother wiggled beneath him. Noot nooooot~ He giggled at his own version of his brother's name as he nipped back. Whater you starin' at? Leaning back on his newfound seat, West's tongue stuck out from the side of his mouth with a dopey grin as his tail wagged behind him. If he was crushing the younger brother he clearly had no idea.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Jaw still open in his attempts to nip at his brother, Newt starts making weird growling noises—playful, yet strange with his mouth so wide. Of course, the scholar wishes to deny having stared at anything. For that would give West further leverage.

An “oof” escapes his lips when his brother sits back on him, and instead of answering his pressing question Newt replies with an; Off! He squeals.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

The round boy shook his head as he pressed a paw to his brother's chest to further show he was going nowhere. Not 'ntil ya tell me! Sure enough he refused to move a muscle. Well actually he did, but just to lay down as his weight could keep his brother at bay with ease.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
West is adamant in knowing, and Newt is uncertain how to even tell him? For the answer is simple yet complex all the same. A whine escapes the greyscale pup as his older brother presses his paw upon his chest. He attempts to bite at it, gentle enough to not cause any serious injury and meant to warn. You!
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Me? The round boy was clearly confused, but would finally listen to the warning bites and roll off with a small "oof". Why're ya lookin' at me? His voice cracked at the question. Rolling onto his stomach, the sunny boy scooted closer until he was practically back in his sibling's face, tail wagging behind him.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Finally, West listens and rolls off him. Newt can breathe again, so he does. Inhaling and exhaling like his life truly depends on it. He stares at West, tempted to puff his cheeks and pout the rest of the day. Instead, he rolls onto his side and playfully pushes his forepaws on West's shoulder. You're big. Bigger than he is, like Pa, is what Newt means to say. Their parents must like West more.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

You’re big.

His brother’s words rung loud and clear but they only brought confusion. He was bigger than his siblings sure, but he didn’t really think of himself as big? Unless he was big like that one lady... he didn’t want to be big like her, people seemed to shame her for it.

A frown sat on his lips as he shook Newt’s paw off. I...guess. was he going to be shamed like Aerasha? He doesn’t want that! He quickly looked for some way to turn the tides when his eyes honed in on the patchy legs of his brother. You have bald legs.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Newt tucks his paws defensively towards his body, attempting to glue them close enough that his belly fur tickles the patches of raw, irritated skin.

S-So! The greyscale pup counters back, ears flattened back. He is self-conscious about it just the way West is about his size. It isnt like he wants his legs to look like this, but he can't figure out why they do.

Maybe he's just broken.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

His brother recoiled, suddenly becoming much more defensive after his comment. It was probably because he was going to be bald all over and no one wanted that. West couldn’t help but feel bad for his brother, but if he was shunned for being bald then he would be right next to him...shunned for being big.

The sunny boy had to visibly shake his head clear of his rampaging thoughts. They won’t be shunned! How could they when everyone in Easthollow loved them? But Newt still had patchy legs and he was still tubby. I dunno, I was just sayin somethin obvious back.

West trotted closer and bit lightly at his younger brother’s neck and shoulder attempting to throw him down again before switching to licks. Why do you chew at your paws?
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Thus far, Newt has yet to be faced with questions about his legs. At first, he thought it to be okay, for no one has corrected him. But it seems that his siblings and packmates do not have the same issue he has. He is the only one with legs patchy from biting. Some places he chewed enough they bled.

Newt grumbles in complaint at West's continued rough housing, only relaxing again when his bites turn to licks.

They... The greyscale boy starts quietly, staring downwards at his legs that he tried so desperately to hide from sight. They feel weird and it doesn't stop until I bite them. Newt sounds emotional—upset because even after he does his best to ease the itch, it continues. Otherwise he is just in pain.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

West just tilted his head in confusion. They felt weird? He never had weird feelings in his legs...except for when his siblings laid on him too long when they were sleeping, but would chewing really help that? I don't get it. It certainly didn't seem normal, but he only had so many faces to go off of. You aren't gonna lose your legs right? We can't do anything if you're stuck in a den all day.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Lose his legs?

He didn't think of that... what if he does? Leta can't leave the den right now, either. He wonders how bored she gets, being stuck in there all the time. Newt glances down at his legs, and abruptly bursts in to tears.

I don't wanna!! The boy wails.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Oh boy...Newt was crying.

He was just curious! He didn't mean to create a fountain, but if he didn't stop it soon he'd get chewed out for sure for causing his brother's distress. Shhh— I don' want that either, I was jus askin'! What do I know!!! Maybe you'r jus gonna have bird legs or something! That could be cool right? But how did bird get in their family blood line?
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Unable to cease the tears, Newt continues to wail in anguish. He does not want to lose his legs, or have those of birds! Already, the boy feels an outcast compared to his siblings, who are different in many ways. If he is to have weird legs, will Ma and Pa not love him anymore? A dramatic leap, but one that's spurred by Newt already being over emotional about the situation.

I wanna be like you! Not lose legs, or have bird ones. Newt whines, sniffling midway through his speech.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

His brother only wailed louder, stifling sobs to spit out his words. He wanted to be like him? I mean he thought highly of himself, but it came as a surprise his scholarly brother wanted to be...like him? Dumb, adventurous maybe? Well...I can show you? Sure why not right? He could take him under his wing and they could do all sorts of stuff together, surely that would make Newt more like him, right?
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
His sobs quiet, eventually going from full on breakdown to sniffles as if he hadn’t been panicking just moments before. Ears folding uncertainly, the brother gives West a questioning look. ... Really?” He asks, wanting a promise to be made.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

wrap up? Leave the "showing" for another thread? :eyes:

Much to his relief, Newt quickly settled down, his deafening cries muffled to just a few sobs and whimpers. I mean— Yeah? I don' really know what makes me...me? But yur smart! I'm sure you'll figure it out. I can jus show ya what I do until then!