Wheeling Gull Isle we act in ways that damage ourselves
4 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
There was an undeniable ache in his bones as he made his way to the island, a subtle limp to his step along the sandy shores. Age would be the culprit to his condition. Nothing he hadn't dealt with before though. His seventh summer was here and soon his seventh winter would be here. Perhaps his final. Why dwell on such dreaded things? The sun was high in the sky without a cloud to be spotted. A perfect sunbathing day. He began his trip along the edge of the island to find something better than just sand to lounge upon.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
63°, currently it is clear skies and set at noon. Located in wheeling gull isle, | ooc notes: I just... I just wanna spoil this old boy

Making his way across the island, making sure the borders were well kept and that any and all trespassers or stragglers on the island who were not interested in joining Aristos were dealt with immediately - Rosencrantz eventually found the pale man on the beach. Ears brought forward, a low growl echoing in his chest, he swiftly closed the distance between himself and the stranger. A stern glare in his eye, ready to demand everything from this stranger and chase them off - but as soon as he got a better look at the man, his stance softened.

It was just an old man. Where do you come from? Rose tried to question him softly. Having no experience in diplomacy, he did his best. The way he walked, the way he looked in general, there was no need to be defensive and harsh; he didn't seem like the type to be looking for trouble. But looks could be deceiving, Rose would choose how he spoke to this man depending on what would come next...
New Threads: closed
4 Posts
Ooc —
All things faded with age.

Such as hearing. So he was not offended by the growl that he could not hear from the distance. But he was able to see well enough and when the stranger was upon him he saw him. A ghastly thing with a scar that was nothing short of impressive. It was amazing to think that Femir, in his growing age had not acquired anything close to that.

Bellvern Cliff. He answered with a warm smile. Although I do believe I am too old to be running with them anymore. A deep chuckle escaped him as he reclined onto his rear, deep brown eyes looking to his new company.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The old man was soft-spoken and kind, genuinely so. His calm demeanor, aged well with time, assisted in calming the turmoil within Rose's head in recent days. Every confusion, every worry he held so close to the chest, gone; and he didn't even wonder why. He simply relished in the moment of silence in his own mind. 

Never heard of it. He admitted, but it wasn't like the old man would hear of where Rose had come from either. He came from far North, it would surprise him should he mention his birthplace and the old white man knew of it. What kind of pack sends their elder off on their own. To think that after a lifetime of loyalty, one would be sent to pass the remainder of their days alone, at the mercy of others, starvation, and disease rather than the comfort of home, where food may be offered when brought back.

Or was it your decision?
New Threads: closed
4 Posts
Ooc —
got a little carried away...
note: hover over italics!

Although his smile seemed to edge away some, there was warmth in his eyes still. It had always been a complicated thing, to explain his thinking, but it seemed even more difficult these days. New generations that didn't know his home or traditions, how he had been raised. But what a wonderful thought it was too — to know a world long enough to see it shape into something new.

He motioned for the male to settle in if he wished, like a father informing a son it was story time. They call it a Frehit År. A lifetime of loyalty rewarded with our last desires coming true. Femir was happy to indulge the stranger in his culture if he went unstopped. My father didn't belong to the cliffs but he stayed while I was a child. Talked about an endless body of water where he was originally from that met the earth in a peculiar way. The earth and water seemed to melt together seamlessly. A small smirk tugged at his face as he gazed at the coastline. How his father had been right. The subtle ebb and flow of the water meeting the land seemed to make everything blend together as one. As was tradition, he took me on a trip for my first sommar. I have a feeling you could guess as to where, eh?