Ankyra Sound On the highway, heavy hearted, humming just to hear a sound
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Aningan was taken aback by her response, and then confused. She didn’t know how to heal others, either? For some reason, he had convinced himself that she did and that, that was how she was caring for the injured woman. But… if she was unsure of what to do to mend the wounded, too, then how was she helping? What made him useless and her not?

There’s more to it.

“Oh! I… kangâ,” he muttered, brow furrowed and gaze averted. More to it, huh? It made sense, now that he thought about it; the injured still needed to be fed and looked after, especially since they may be unable to do so themselves. It wasn’t rocket science, not really, but it wasn’t something that he was naturally aware of, either. “I’m still learning—I’m trying to.” It was hard, though, and not quickly learned. He had hardly even a year’s worth of experience behind him and he was supposed to run a pack with that minimal amount of knowledge; it was not easy for him to do and, more often than not, he regretted having taken on the role. But it was too late to go back now and, without the witch there, he could not so easily pass it on to be someone else’s responsibility—not yet. So the only option left was to just learn and learn quickly.

“Can I still help her?” he asked, looking up at her expectantly. “How do I be better?” All he needed was a push in the right direction and then, hopefully, he would be able to upgrade to something other than useless. All he had to do was be good enough to make Caiaphas proud and then maybe, just maybe, word would reach her and bring her home to take back control.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
Messages In This Thread