Hoshor Plains Queer Lodgings
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Maybe it was wrong to go to Mal for support; Ibis didn't know what he expected out of the wolves he sought to build himself a pack, but evidently it was not comraderie, it was not family, it was not even a small ounce of respect. Did he think he would attract anyone with his abrasive behavior? Did he think about it at all? Probably not. Ibis didn't like thinking negatively about anyone but when she heard his countering words, it hurt her more than she thought it could.

Being a creature that has been through many hardships, she expected that Mal might empathize with Ibis' loss; that was wrong of her, and she knew it by the way he spoke down to her. Refused to help, except to tell her off in no uncertain terms. Maybe I should have said something to them, she thought, reiterating Mal's single offering. Talking to Mal about this stuff was wrong, though, and even if she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, he wasn't a friend to her.

How could she live here when she was unwanted? Okeanos did not need her, he was more capable than Ibis ever thought herself to be; Mal didn't want her, so what was the point? This brief conversation drove home the obvious: Ibis shouldn't be here at all. So with a deep sigh and a briefly forlorn look at the landscape off her flank, she murmured a quick little response. I guess I thought you'd help me. Stupid girl, with her unfounded sense of idealism - believing the best out of people when they routinely show you nothing to support it.

I'll go look over here for Cam, maybe he went this way. She remarks as she pulls away from Mal's company, her quick, light steps taking her swiftly away from him and towards home again.
Messages In This Thread
Queer Lodgings - by Mal - August 24, 2019, 10:47 PM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 05, 2019, 11:28 AM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Mal - September 06, 2019, 03:07 AM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 06, 2019, 10:57 AM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Mal - September 08, 2019, 09:10 PM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Mal - September 08, 2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Queer Lodgings - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 11:03 PM