Otter Creek I pack up my things
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Private 
@Isilmë The glitch ;-;
The boy was minding his own business, looking at the creek. He had vowed upon return that he'd never leave the woods again.
Ever.
The world was big and dangerous and it was unnecessary to leave. He had food, shelter and his own friends, not to mention a job to keep him busy. He would guard the woods and that was that.

He peered into the water, watching the creature within do theor things. In his mind, this was as much part of the woods as anywhere else. It fed them, made the pools and ravine. It also needed protecting, but not a ferociously as the borders.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
she's a shadow behind him, cold and intent. at the creek, she pauses out of sight, nudging something long and sinuous by her side. there's a flicker of movement up the spindly fir by her side, and then she strides forward, hackles pricked slightly. 

"why'd you come back?" she'd expected him and his family to vanish, along with the boy. Venamis, no matter how much of a dick he was, belonged here more than the boy did, in her mind.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
That vexing, pious voice called to him.
His fur bristled, his golden gaze turning sharply upon the girl.
"This is my home. I protect the woods." You've already failed them.
His nails dug into the soft ground, turning on the girl. He stalked to her, tail curled.

"Why do you care?" His eyes held mirth, his lips twitching to curl up. But he wanted her to talk and hear her tell him that he was hated. He wanted to know for certain they all hated him.
He could be a protector, but he could also be Sithis.
| |
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
her features are a mask as she watches him, as if she were observing a particularly interesting crow. her talk with Vaati had shifted her perspective, and though her feelings toward Rowan stayed the same, her attitude has changed. "the woods don't need you." she answers plainly, stepping closer. "it'd be better for you if you left." 
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The words hit him. Was she right?
What had changed in the time he'd been gone?
Well, Maegi had gone with her children. There was a lack of Tundra and the woods...never changing. Maybe the woods didn't need him, but the wolves inside did.

He snorted, "Who are you going to go crying to when there's danger?"  He'd not seen any of the others Fledglings or Hatchlings join the defense against the raccoon raid. He got hurt, but he'd made sure they didn't get the cache.
"Your mommy?"
Ok, so he was using the same retort as Venamis, but he didn't care. She could fuck off. He didn't even know who she was and she was just an ungrateful bitch.
| |
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
his words only earned a grin that did not meet her eyes, that appeared crudely frozen on her muzzle. and then she moved, with the same viper-like swiftness of her mother, launching a full attack on his face before abruptly pulling away, seeking to deal as much damage as possible while remaining as close to him for as shortly as possible.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He stared at her, expecting her to leave when she launched for his face.
He only had time to snarl before she was upon him, teeth slicing across his muzzle. 
His head instinctively snapped back with an anguished, pained cry.

He fell back a few steps, turning his head slightly and his paw came up to cover the slash.
His Mother didn't want him fighting them. If he did she'd take them away from here forever.
He felt angry and hurt. Why did they hate him?
"Why do you hate me?" His voice conveyed all of his hurt. He just wanted to live here, where he felt he belonged.
| |
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
cameo unless acknowledged.

She was hunting when she heard the young ones dispute and it hurt that the others saw her children this way but she didn't intervene. This was simply a pup squabble and it would be drawn to Maegi's attention soon because Moonshadow didn't feel like this was right.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the emotion that expressed itself next could most easily be related to guilt, though Hela refused to label it as such. as she saw it, her motives in what she did next were driven by nothing more than disinterest in the boy. "figure it out." she hissed, though did not move to strike him again. 

instead, she wheeled and moved back into the depths of the territory, fuming both at the boy and at the moment of weakness that had had her stop her assault.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He pulled a face at Hela's back, sticking his tongue out. 
He hated her, but only because she hated him for no apparent reason.
Surely it was ok to hate someone who discriminated against you because of your name. 
Was she even a real Melonii?

He turned and stormed off away from Blackfeather Woods with the full intention of never returning. Of course, he would but not before he'd found something interesting or even a good reason, like another asshole.
| |