Bearclaw Valley they just gonna float out
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
@Midar mayhaps?

Whenever the night came, so did the little bird. She would perch upon her tiny branch and watch the nameless child grow stronger each day. Eating still had its’s troubles. Whatever @Alarian had bought him would be scarfed down, thrown up, and eaten again. It wasn't pleasant, but at least he got something in his system. Seizures would wake him from his slumber less often. His movement, though clumsy, had improved as well. Things were slowly looking better for the boy.

He was awake that night with his side leaned against the mouth of the den and his eyes trained skyward. Where are you little friend? When the sun would set on the earth, he would search the heavens for the orange glow of her eyes. This night was no different.

He awaited her arrival for what seemed like ages. He let out a sad sigh. His body was light with fatigue, but he would wait for just a little longer.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He cursed every step to the den where the kid stayed. Despite his heated and very frequent opposition for their continued care of the boy, Alarian wouldn't budge. They had more pressing concerns like where to settle for the winter. The mountains were out since they seemed to be falling apart in front of their eyes, and they would need somewhere secure, especially if his mate continued this ridiculous business of taking care of the useless child.

He reached the object of his anger and frustration and dropped the hare at its feet. He had brought it at Alarian's request only to quiet the fight they were having over it. He didn't understand why his husband kept insisting he do things for the kid knowing how he felt about the situation. He glared down at their burden with disdain. He would kill it right now if he thought he could get away with it.

ugh sorry he's terrible
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
His eyes lit up when he heard rustling in the distance only to dim when he saw a shadow approach. It wasn't often he'd see the man, but when he did there was this indescribable anger he carried with him. He was just glad it wasn't directed towards him. Well, at least it wasn't until tonight.

The child flinched when the rabbit was thrown at his at his feet. His eyes bounced from the man, to the prey, and back to the man again. A weak smile crossed his face and he whispered a ...thank to the best of his abilities. Maybe some gratitude would ease his nerves. It didn't seem to work, that glare did not falter. The boy quickly lowered his gaze and began to tear into his food.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He warred silently with himself while the boy ate, completely ignoring his whispered thanks to consider just how it difficult it might be to eliminate this burden without Alarian finding out. He knew it would be tough. Midar had made his disapproval of the whole situation blatantly obvious. And it wasn't often he was alone with the thing, except for moments like this when he was sent here by Alarian to feed the kid or give him plants when his mate was unable to do so himself, and it would be too obvious. He had hoped that the boy was beyond saving, but even now, he looked better. He should have known Alarian would be able to bring him back from the brink of death.

Meals won't be free forever, he finally said, looking down at the kid with disdain. Eventually, he would have to pull his own weight if he continued to survive.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The silence dragged on, each moment more tense then the last. The boy didn't dare to look up. He had no clue why the man was so displeased by his presence, nor could he think of a way to fix that. Be still, be gratefull. That's all he could do.

His anxiety spiked when the man issued a sudden statement, no, a warning. Meals won’t always be free... the child had never thought of the possibility. It wasn't like he knew this before, that he was greedily consuming all that there was to offer before an inevitable departure. He just believed this was how life was meant to be. Ignorance is bliss.

He finally glanced up at the shadow, eyes filled with worry. What was he to do when that day finally came? He hadn't a single clue how to get food for himself. Did he? Maybe he did once in a past life.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The kid said nothing, just looked up at him with worry in his eyes. Good. He should be worried; he wasn't going to allow this forever. They didn't need such a burden, and he would eventually make Alarian see that. He was always able to make his mate see reason...well, he used to be able to anyway. Things had been more strained between them lately, something that confused and angered the beast. But Alarian was his and in the end, he would choose him over some useless kid. 

He continued to glare down at the kid, held back from doing what he really wanted to do. Soon, though—soon he would rid them of it, and they could go back to normal. Find somewhere to stay for the winter. Return to their lives.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Oh please sir, tell me what to do! Tell me how I'm supposed to provide for myself! It's what he would have said, if only he had the voice for it. Rather than trying to plead with his words, he did so with his expressions of both face and body. His eyes grew wider, he scooted forward ever so slightly as if that would get him an answer. There was nothing but silence and a hard stare.

The boy gulped. Clearly this man had no desire to aid him. Once again he dipped his face into the prey, scarfing it down with much more haste. Maybe eating silently would make him less cross or perhaps change his mind? With every bite the child took his stomach grew more upset. His eyes began to well up with tears.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Midar recoiled from the kid as it shuffled towards him, offering him an icy stare even as his expression turned pleading. He watched with disdain as the child ate, saying nothing until he scented the salty moisture in the air between them. The beast glared down at him. Don't cry; it's weak, he said, disgust in his voice. But then, the thing radiated weakness; Midar could tell that from the start, and nothing he did or said would ever change that about the boy. His parents were probably weak too. If circumstance had been different, perhaps Midar would have tried to train the kid to be different, but it would be an impossible task, one he didn't feel like wasting the energy on for a child that did not belong to him.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Keeping the food down was a struggle, but no one could say he wasn't trying. Each time the bile rose to his throat he would pause, swallow it back on, and carry on with the meal. This repeated until a quarter of the hare was nearly reduced to bone. One more bite and the boy may explode.

Despite his stomach cursing him for this, he continued on. Finish it all. You must! But the child couldn’t keep himself together much longer. The combination of the man’s harsh words, his aching tummy, and a spike in fear sent everything he’s eaten flying out of his mouth. 'm sorry....! He lowered to the earth and held back his sobs.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His angry violet gaze moved between the kid and his steaming stomach contents now staining the ground between them. His disdain for the burden only intensified. What a waste, he said, shaking his head, purposely ambiguous as to whether he was talking about the child or the vomit. I won't bring you anymore food if you're just going to vomit it up, he continued. He was growing bored with this interaction. It was clear the kid was not going to change his opinion anytime soon, or probably at all, and he wished to be free of any responsibility forced upon him by his bond to his mate. He toyed with the idea of ending its suffering once more, but refrained again, settling for glaring disapprovingly at the child.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
He looked onto the bile with a mixture of fear, disgust, and disappointment. What a waste indeed. The boy was somewhat aware of the land's food shortage. This could have been all of what was left and here it was in a foul heap. But that was the least of his worries, no, it was Midar he feared the most. That hateful stare burned holes into his dome. He continued to stare at the vomit, even going as far as to contemplate eating it again. He couldn't bring himself to do such a thing, dread or not.

He gazed up towards the towaring beast and pleaded with his eyes. next time- More food rose up his throat, but he managed to keep it down. ...next time... won't happen. p-promise.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His promise meant nothing, honestly, but at least the boy had enough sense to feel remorse for wasting his time and the food he had been so graciously given. Good. I'll expect you to keep your promise. His response was flat and his gaze remained disapproving. He had suffered through about as much time with the kid as he could stand. Rising to his feet, he stared down at the child for only a few seconds longer before turning and trotting away. Maybe there wouldn't be a next time, and he wouldn't have to waste his time anymore. He longed for the days when he could have Alarian to himself again.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
He watched him leave with frightened eyes. Those parting words repeated over and over again. Would he really be able to keep his word? Each time he tried to get something in his system it would always come back up again. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again? The boy shivered. It didn't matter whether or not he could keep it down, he had to try.

The child stood there for a moment, still shaking like a leaf. Something, someone, chirped in the distance. He searched the trees and locked onto a pair of familiar eyes. My little friend, he thought, Why didn't you come sooner?