Emberwood Caught in a landslide of emotions.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Though he made it sound like everything was alright, he was tense, and answered her questions with swiftness and certainty. Ibis couldn't help but study the way the man behaved; he had been a leader once, a king to the creek, and there was much she could learn from him. When prompted to walk and talk she nodded, and followed after him—his broad strides ate up the ground and Ibis had to move quickly to keep up, but she didn't complain.

As they were on their way, a quiet settled between them. Ibis wanted to ask so many questions. She really, truly wanted to get to know the man; but where should she start? Hello, I met your dead wife once, and I know you've been dethroned but maybe you could tutor me on how to be an Alpha? That didn't sound anywhere near right.

The silence was almost too much. So she cleared her throat, and said the first thing to slide in to her brain: So you have... Warrior experience, which.. Obviously isn't my thing. I'm tiny. And you're mindful of the forest, and of the safety of your daughter. If you live here I expect the same protection extends to the rest of us? Or was he only here for Lainie, until the winter came and went, and they could move on together? She didn't want to ask this—and instead glanced to Kavik, curiosity tempered by caution.
Messages In This Thread
Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 18, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 19, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 26, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 27, 2019, 01:34 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 10, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2019, 02:08 AM