Emberwood and it hurts my soul
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Private 
they would meet eventually. whether by choice or happenstance, they would meet. bhediya thought that it might be better to warn @Pygmalion in advance before he crossed ishara's path on her own. it'd been days since their last proper conversation; since his admission, they'd only communicated in short spurts.

bhediya didn't know if she liked it that way. a part of her, a sick and hidden part craved the control. it was all she'd ever known, so to be without it when having it was an option... she didn't know.

a howl was sounded for her mate. she waited beside the den he'd dug for a response.

"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He'd given her some space, although he was undoubtedly curious about the young woman she'd brought in from the plains. Pyg was overjoyed when her call rang out; he assumed it was he who would eventually have to track her down—as if perhaps she had enjoyed lacking his company. Apparently, it was not so.

Hello, love, Pygmalion crooned, waltzing up to her with a smile. He nosed at her cheek, giving her kisses if she did not pull away, and then leaned back, gazing at her in query. It's good to see ye. What's on yer mind?

Maybe nothing, and she just wanted to lounge together. That was perfectly all right with him. In fact, words were not necessary. For once, Pyg could shut up and bask in her presence and not be compelled to speak. He was captivated, so captivated. . .
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
she winced, moving away from his touch. but when pygmalion leaned away, bhediya moved her muzzle to prolong their embrace. my daughter is here, she said. her gaze was turned to the ground, away from her mate. ishara, but she prefers easy now.

there would come a time where bhediya no longer felt the need to include the girl's southern name. she turned to face pygmalion then, only briefly, before moving to sit in the bend of his body. i'd like you to meet her, whenever you have the chance. bhe was tense, stiff, as she waited for his reply.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He felt a small twinge of. . .something. . .in his stomach, when Bhediya pulled away, but it dissipated as she drew close again. Perhaps it was only the news she brought that made her so shy. It was big news, after all, and his face bloomed into delighted surprise as she gave it to him.

Och, that's grand, Bhediya, Pygmalion responded, suffused with happiness. I'm so glad for ye that she's returned. I would love to meet her, as soon as I can. He paused, lips pursed in thought. There had been something about the scene on the plains that had caught his attention—

Is she the big lassie with fur kind of like shadows? Light in some places, dark in others? he asked, and then amended, fairly quickly, I think I've seen her 'round. New faces tend to catch attention, aye? No need to mention that he had seen her well before she set foot in the forest.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
imaginging the two of them meeting was bittersweet. bhediya somewhat regretted the suggestion soon after giving it. on one hand, it was important that easy felt integrated, like a real member of their family. that required she actually know the family that she was joining. 

but on the other, bhe wondered, what if easy saw pygmalion for who he was? what if she assumed that she was the same? i'm a way, she was. that's her, yeah. pygmalion didn't have to admit to his wandering for bhediya to remember them. his scent was imprinted in her memory, often carried by the winter winds. 

i'm glad that i've found her, or that she found me. i thought i'd never see any of my children again.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Weel, ye ken what they say. . .never say never, Pyg remarked with a wink, though his face still remained serenely joyous. Aye, I'm sure we'll meet sooner rather than later. Have ye told her aboot me? He blinked at her, quietly expectant. 

It wasn't as if he'd be angry if he hadn't come up in conversation between mother and daughter. . .just disappointed. Bhediya was the axis upon which his world spun; for her to leave him out of the picture she painted for her daughter would be a massive blow to his self-esteem.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya chose to remain oblivious to the hidden meaning of pygmalion's words. they hadn't discussed plans for the coming spring and to an extent, she preferred it that way. i did, she sighed with a smile. aging eyes turned back to face her mate.

you were one of the first things we talked about, actually. in truth, pygmalion was only mentioned in passing. it'd been blurted out in a moment of confusion, unsureity... had bhediya known more self-control, she wouldn't have mentioned him at all.

she laid down and pressed herself into his frame. distant memories of grayday drifted through her mind. i missed so much of her growing up. and now, bhediya huffed in disbelief, she's an adult. and twice my size, too.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Pygmalion allowed himself to preen slightly, pleased with the response. I'm glad, he murmured, and let her melt into him as he sat, proud and tall and happy as hell. He chuckled at her description (the end of it, anyway). Aye, she is a great deal larger than you. But most everyone is, ye wee beauty.

He sighed slightly, shifting a little. It's as if whatever power made ye wanted to pack as much good into as small of a being as possible, he mused softly. For what ye lack in size, Bhediya, ye make up for it in spirit. I'm surprised yer heart can even fit inside yer chest.

Pyg felt it beating, the steady ebb and flow and pulse of blood. Did it beat for him, this moment? He wondered how large it really was—and strong, or delicate? He thought the former.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya frowned at pygmalion's compliments. they felt back-handed, each one directly tied to her dimunitive size. it was the main source of her insecurity, but because he didn't yet know this, she chose to let it go. not before warning, don't call me wee. she grinned and reached to nip at his chin.

at one point, there was enough room in her heart to house the entire world. it'd shrunk significantly since then, now only able to house the family that she knew to be alive. it was easier to remain closed off and cold than to hope for the best and only recieve disappointment.

bhediya sighed. you think so? she asked. there were time wherein she didn't even feel alive, but if pygmalion insisted that she was... 

she nestled closer to him then. i'm happy to know you, she whispered, her voice just loud enough for him to hear.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Aye, but ye are, he said easily in response to her retort, smiling as he took her nip in stride. Nevertheless— But a'right, I willna call ye that. Will 'gorgeous' suffice? He gave her a charming grin and a gentle nudge to her shoulder. Her words brought him great comfort.

The two of them sat in silence for a moment as her voice faded out, and then Pygmalion nodded. I do, aye. There's no one else like you. He pressed his dark nose, so stark against the ivory of his pelt, against her own ebony forehead, amused suddenly by the size difference between the two of them.

A big, white git and a wee beauty—how on earth had he managed to pull this off?!
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
it was a strange feeling, this giddiness. bhediya felt conflicted, as though she'd stolen this joy rather than having earned it. was that true? pygmalion probably wouldn't think so.

the chill was beginning to bother bhe. unlike the others, her undercoat was thin, leaving her skin somewhat exposed. can we go inside? she asked, motioning toward the den, it'll be more comfortable. 

besides, she was beginning to feel a bit tired. a nap would do them both good.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Pygmalion was perfectly fine in the cold, but he understood his mate's discomfort. Aye, let's do, he murmured, rising and beginning to amble along with her toward the den. He stood back a little when they arrived, smiling. After you, he said, bowing his head in cheeky chivalry.

Once she'd entered, he would clamber in after her and curl his body as close as she would allow, a pale crescent around her tiny dark form. They made a good pair in the winter. She needed his warmth, and he someone to warm. This would work out just fine.

fade out here?