Emberwood I beg you to break up with her
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
All Welcome 
@Ibis congrats & info thread

Andraste had given Star the mission to congratulate their neighbors. Uaine Gorsedd was not far from Courtfall; she could make the trip and return in one day. She had set out in the morning. It also wasn't hard for her to navigate the land, she had her fair share of time in the mountains and valley. She knew the place like the back of her paw, and she didn't have to really think about the route to Emberwood. 

It was not long before she found herself at their border. The scents of many wolves she did not know mingled there, but among them was the girl she had met before, Ibis. She did not dare to step over the line, (Star would never even risk the possibility of trespassing again,) but instead threw back her head and parted her lips to release a call for her accquantince, and whomever may accompany her.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis hadn't been home for long, but that wasn't really super important. She'd checked on a few of the caches, nibbled on some frozen bits of mice that someone had left there, and then begun to patrol the trees. It wasn't on purpose—they had so many bodies, many of which were more able than her own for such a task—but it was nice to listen to the stillness of the snow and watch as flurries fell between the spires, to the point that Ibis became lost in her thoughts. It was idyllic; she loved the woods very much.

Her route trailed along until she spotted one of Reiko's carvings: the woman had started cutting the bark away along the claim's edge to denote their presence, and the four-pronged flower was basic, but beautiful. Ibis had just started to make a game out of finding them all when she noticed a shifting white mass in her peripheral vision—and so she paused, almost like a deer catching a whiff of a predator on the wind. Except that this wasn't some stranger nor someone to be afraid of.

When Ibis realized it was the woman she'd encountered at the creek, she was thrilled—and thought about calling for Kavik, but opted not to bother the man. If the two had history then that was their business, and he was an avid scout of the borders, so he would know of her visit at some point either way. As she pranced closer she smiled warmly to the woman, and called out: Star! Hello—is the season treating you well?

It certainly couldn't be worse than autumn, Ibis mused—even with the snow, at least the earth had calmed down and the food had begun to come back.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sorry this is so much shorter than yours!! :/

Soon the sweet girl came prancing up with enthusiasm, smiling and greeting her. A warm soft chuckle rose in Star, feeling lighter just witnessing the youthful character of Ibis. "Indeed. Even though food is still a little short... I've found a home in a place called Courtfall. Up there in the mountains, with Miss Andraste," she motioned her muzzle in the direction of the Vale, which she thought looked majestic in the distance, even if its inner paradise was hidden. She turned her gaze back towards Ibis, a playful smile growing on her face- "And you? Miss Andraste told me there's a settlement here now, right?" She asked the girl, unaware that Ibis herself was the leader.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the wait!

It was good news; Star had found somewhere safe to wait out the winter, although the name of the place—and the casual drop of the leader's name—meant next to nothing for Ibis, she was still glad that the sweet older woman was safe somewhere. It could not have been too far if Star had managed to make such a quick trip. Ibis glanced to where the jagged peaks hung darkly on the horizon and wondered what it would be like to traverse a place like that — dangerous no doubt, and it brought to mind images of the mountains quaking in the autumn, sprouting goose-flesh all down her limbs.

But, if Star was happy - that's what mattered.

Yes, a settlement... I suppose you could call it that. They had become a little family bound together by fate, and soon enough—come spring maybe—the mixing of blood would transform the tribe in to something much closer. I can show you around if you'd like a little tour? We're mostly run by a small counsel but they advise me, and I hope to become a better leader with their help. They won't mind. She motions with a flick of her chin as if to invite Star closer, and begins a lazy stride.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
dont worry about it!

She noticed Ibis' glance to the mountains, and unaware of her thoughts, imagined that the girl admired their beauty in the same way Star did. Of course she had no idea, that Cerulean did not share that same affection for the rocky slopes. The youth offered to show the woman around, and she nodded silently with some eagerness, letting Ibis lead the way as she followed at her side.

Star nodded at the mention of a council- nothing like Courtfall's current system, but she had lived among packs like that before, and found it to be a great method of leadership. And then, a surprising word revealed something to Star- "A better leader? Ibis, are you..? You're the leader here?" She didn't intend to come off as shocked in an offensive way- but she had had no idea! That a girl just her age could be leading such a place. What had Star been doing at that age? Fooling around, working on her trades and trespassing? Oh, right. Kids these days, always seemed to be growing up so fast, she thought.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The surprise came off as a positive to Ibis, who smiled and nodded emphatically—pleased by the reaction. Yes, I am! I didn't intend it to be this way, but somehow... I guess because I gathered everyone together, kept everything as organized as I could... They look to me for answers. Most of which I feel ill-equipped to give, to be honest, her ears fanned either-side of her head as she said this, but that's what the counsel is for. It is very nice to have a group of my best friends helping me.

Her tail swayed behind her, and then a thought struck her sharply—Oh! One of them, my Paladin, he used to run with Swiftcurrent. Actually, he was the leader there... Do you know of a man named Kavik? Maybe he had been a friend of Star back when she had lived at the creek? Ibis couldn't remember what they'd discussed the last time they'd been together beyond mourning the damage to the old claim, but the thought of reuniting old pack-members invigorated her.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sorry for the wait ;_;

The young girl explained how she had made her way to establishing her own claim. Star found a new respect for her- making one's own pack couldn't be as simple as she made it sound, she thought. The girl must have had a higher level of responsibility and maturity than Star had first assumed. But the girl was very humble indeed- "Aw, Ibis, don't say that, you're not ill-equipped!" Star chirped kindly. And then, her head tilted thoughtfully to the side. "A council- that seems like a great way to run a pack. I suppose you recieve a lot of different perspectives and can meet the pack's needs better that way." She commented. Courtfall was set up differently, but it seemed to be working fine so far. The lady Andraste did her part just as well as everyone else, and aside from the cougar that haunted their mountains, they had not met any major issues yet. Well- no major packwide issues. Star still thought that Cupid girl was a major bitch.

Ibis then introduces another name of a Swiftcurrent wolf- the leader? Her old, old ears expected to hear Scimitar, or maybe another familiar name who had risen in the ranks over time. But once again, there was no connection. Kavik. She shook her head. "No, sorry. I think maybe I'm a touch too old for this newer generation." She laughs, although the laugh held a tone of sadness. But that reminds her! "By the way, speaking of Swiftcurrent. I met with your father the other day. I didn't really get any clear information about Swiftcuurent's disbandment- but he told me to tell you to say hi," She chuckled heartily.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis blushed and tried to ignore the compliments, but it was hard. Talking to Star was like communing with a grandmother she'd never know; it was a point of connection and sweet familiarity, even if they had no familial connection, and Ibis craved that. It warmed her heart all the more to hear such positive commentary about their plans.

Then she spoke of her father - and Ibis' demeanor shifted. The smile faltered just a little, the warmth felt as if it flickered like a candle with a short wick. It was disheartening to hear that Kavik wasn't familiar to Star, but that wasn't too surprising, as the woman likely lived out many lifetimes in the Wilds by now - she'd know so many wolves, and the chances of Kavik being her leader were thin.

Oh, she murmurs as she thinks of Terance. I suppose he wouldn't know much. I was the resident scout when I lived with him, and I had left just before the quakes began. I doubt anyone would have the same interest in scouting. The only wolves she could think of that like adventure and the wilderness outside of the Hollow had already left it; Breccan came to mind, and the children of Rannoch and Liffey. Gannet, maybe. Do they fare well? Um, my father, his people?
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Ibis explained how she had been their resident scout and others likely wouldn't know much, considering their trades. Star nods understandingly. It was alright. She had lived six long years and Swiftcurrent was only one of several packs she had resided at. She wouldn't dwell on it any longer. It was only a pinpoint in her timeline. 

As the young girl asks about her father and his people, shame washes over Star. Oh, what could she say? Now she realized what a rush she'd been in. Hurry in, get information, hurry out. She hadn't bothered to make chit-chat with Terance- and chit-chat was not even something she minded (as an old woman). Granted, she had made up her mind about residing in Courtfall by then, and was in a hurry to get home for their establishment- but she still figured she had been a tad rude. "I'm sorry Ibis, but I didn't hear much about his people. He seemed to be doing alright, though. But I don't really know how the pack is. My apologies," She offers as dark eyes flicker back to the ground. 

Remembering why she was there, she attempts to shift the topic slightly again. "What about you? And your people? Is everything alright around here?" 
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head lightly as the other woman apologized so profusely. No, it's alright Star. Don't worry about it. I can always pop over there for a visit and to play catch-up. It wasn't like Star was one of her own wolves, expected to ferry information between the allied packs or whatever. Thinking of that - and of Courtfall - Ibis opened her mouth to ask after Star's own well-being when the conversation pivoted to focus upon the Archdruid.

We are doing well, actually, and I'm quite surprised. That was a moment of weakness and doubt, but she let it flow through her words, and laughed lightly afterwards. There have been so many additions to the forest that we're starting to feel the strain, food-wise. Thankfully it looks as if the famine has broken, so we should start seeing more life in the valley soon. I'm just happy everyone has survived so far - the winter started off so strongly. Or maybe we felt the effects more intensely because of the food shortage? Either way... Feeling as if she was babbling, Ibis giggles softly and takes a breath.

How is your home doing? Courtfall, was it?
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
i can fade here, since you're taking a break. sorry for the wait!

Ibis told her not to worry, and Star nodded obediently, though her mind was still swarmed with little concerns. Then the old woman listens as Ibis describes her own conditions- success in numbers, then maybe some struggle because of that success in numbers, but doing alright anyway. Star was happy to find the famine coming to a close too- the hunter had been restless. She was eager for big game. 

As Ibis giggles, a grandmother's smile touches Star's face, marveling at the youth's sweetness, her innocence. Let her stay that way, Star hoped. The girl inquires of her own home. "Courtfall, yes. We're doing well. We have many members as well, so food is a little tough. But we've fended off some intruders and I think we are holding it together well. And we couldn't do it without the help of Lady Andraste- er, our leader." She explains, unaware of what a kiss-up she could be sometimes. The two would chat for a little while longer, exchanging informations, before Star had to depart and they said their goodbyes.