Emberwood you're a dime, plus ninety-nine
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
That was a little disappointing, but Easy took it in stride all the same; names outside their family's were like that, sometimes. Although she did find it odd to call oneself by what they were. No less strange, she allowed, than calling oneself by what they are not. Like Blackbear. She decided to give it a pass.

"I don't remember you speaking it much," said Easy, supposing that it had just been sound when she was little, same as everything else. "But there was a wolf in our pack called Aditya that I learned a little from. If it wasn't the same language, it definitely had some words in common. But it's not enough for conversation. Mostly things like... well, he called me chhoti behen."

Her heart ached as she spoke of him; even knowing what had happened at Undersea, she loved the man so dearly, and felt his absence as keenly as any other member of her family.

"Someone in my travels called me Blackbear, and it stuck," she replied, still somewhat lost in her memories. Bhediya drew her back to the present soon enough, however, and she took in stride the complaints against her late father. He could be overbearing and patronizing, at times. "Was one of your parents small?" Easy asked her, curious about her mixed pedigree. She knew her bloodline on her father's side for two generations back, and all the names of his many siblings. She even knew much of the Corten family tree, and considered them her own even if she had no taken the name, even if she had not met them, and even if she had not been Catori's daughter by blood. It was all she had, after all.

She knew absolutely nothing about her dam's family. It was a mystery that'd always intrigued her, even in the days when her young heart had rebeled against her absent mother.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Bhediya - December 13, 2019, 11:41 PM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Easy - December 13, 2019, 11:56 PM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Bhediya - December 14, 2019, 12:09 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Easy - December 14, 2019, 12:19 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Bhediya - December 14, 2019, 12:35 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Easy - December 14, 2019, 12:49 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Bhediya - December 14, 2019, 01:06 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Easy - December 14, 2019, 01:29 AM
RE: you're a dime, plus ninety-nine - by Bhediya - December 14, 2019, 10:32 AM