Herbalists' Cache tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She roamed north of the claim. Not because she had to, not even because she wanted to, but more... By accident. Ibis knew where the Emberwood ceased (in part because of Reiko's trunk markings around the claim), but she kept on wandering anyway. The herbal scent of the cache-wood filled her lungs, pungent even with the frost of winter holding the world in its grip. The scents were stronger because of how they contrasted against the wet-cold of the snow, and they reminded Ibis of Elysium. Why she let herself think of her old home was a mystery - perhaps she still wished for easier days, like her simple childhood?

The further she went the more free she felt. No weight of Archdruid duties to worry about, and no buzz of activity around her; she was alone for the first time in the season, and while part of her fought against the solitude, she found herself relishing in the peace as it settled around her. The ache in her chest hadn't abated yet — but she was soon distracted from whatever personal drama spoiled her mood when the scent of stale blood hit her nose.

A momentary confusion snared her expression; it smelled as if someone had been tending to wounds thanks to the mingled herbal smell, but after a few cursory investigations of her surroundings Ibis couldn't find the origin of the scent. It took about half an hour for her to find the trail leading to the body; when she did, she didn't know what she was looking at. Something furry, bloody, fresh — she almost thought it was fortuitous that she find something to eat, as if her luck was turning.

As she crept upon the slackened form and spied the garish red spreading from a torn neck, she realized just what she was looking at, and screamed.
Messages In This Thread
RE: tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 04, 2020, 08:40 PM