Herbalists' Cache tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Blood, so much blood — not warm, frozen, and muddy, and wrong.

The body a crumpled heap. What was it that Bhediya said -- could smell it on her -- all Ibis could smell now was the intense herbal stench of the green around the body. Covering the body. Layering like a pelt where the snow didn't touch the body. Ibis felt her own body shiver.

She needed to blink. She needed to move away, but found herself frozen in place with the dying embers of her shout fading on the wind; she remained oblivious to the rapture of birds from the trees overhead. Mindlessly Ibis sank to her haunches — but that lasted all of thirty seconds, as a force burst from behind the ferns and a voice spooked her to her feet.

Her heart's tempo went from the quick beat of adrenaline to something greater, and she was again overwhelmed, finally turning away from the body and staring at the raggedy man - and out of Ibis came the thinnest, smallest voice in a flurry: Its, she's, th-they-- they're, its a body, they died? There's blood -- there's -- its everywhere -- w-why? Her eyes glimmered as a haze fell over them, wide as they were, and the blue-green of her iris became like an ocean of worry as she fought to stay composed, inevitably failing. Streaks of warm, wet tears began to course down her face.
Messages In This Thread
RE: tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 04, 2020, 09:41 PM