Herbalists' Cache tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She couldn't unsee this. She didn't see the bloody prints and that was probably a blessing. If Ibis had noticed the intricacies of the crime scene she might have lost a few more of her marbles, but for now she was still in shock over the dead body. This poor woman, this lost soul that Ibis could never save — is this what happened when you were on the road alone? Would this have happened to her one day if Okeanos hadn't been with her, or anyone from the Emberwood? How did anyone survive alone if the threat of this gruesome affair was ever present?

Ibis was, in no short order, freaking out completely. Her words had dissolved in to crying and the occasional messy sound, almost like words but not quite, and the man who had come upon her seemed just as rattled. He tried to calm her down - or maybe he was calming them both down - and when he mentioned getting away Ibis nodded slowly, rhythmically.

But then she spoke out against the idea, composing herself just enough to announce: B-but -- but we need to bury her. This can't... We can't leave them like this, this is -- we need to do it, bury her. And she was up on her paws again, barely able to keep herself standing as she hurried around the body. She grasped at the rear-end of the bloated mess and pulled; but then she thought, 'Oh no, what if I hurt them --' and let it go, tried again, again, again, tugging and positioning and re-positioning and getting cold mud all over herself...

And whether the man helped pull her away in the end or not, she'd be too distracted by the fog of her shock and her terror to notice. She wouldn't fight him if he tried; the taste in her mouth made her pale, her body sagging as she mutely sat back down.
Messages In This Thread
RE: tell me tell me tell me, come on tell me the answer - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 05, 2020, 04:11 PM