Hoshor Plains i'll wait a lifetime
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
The morning starts with @Winterbourne, as the night before had ended at his comforting side.

Eve has grown used to the routine, although dreams still plague him—he awakes dazed and confused more often than not, but today has gone alright enough that the duo move from their makeshift “den” spot and begin a stroll around what is now Kaistleoki’s.

It doesn’t quite feel like home, not in the way the River does, but his own River is at his side and it is enough for Eve to wear a smile.

His eyebrows, however, furrow in concern, as he spots River stumbling again. River… Over the course of him being injured, the bear knows he’s been a burden on everyone. River most of all, who has taken it upon his shoulders to care for him most alongside Speedy.

Eve’s done what he can; insisting they share meals, and grooming the scruffy edges of his coat whenever the silver male allows.

He slows, dipping his head down to touch his nose to River’s shoulder. Let’s take a break.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
He's feeling much worse than he's let on today, but he keeps it well-guarded. Every time he feels himself faltering a little, he glances at Evergreen and reminds himself that today is one of the better days, and he finds it a little easier to push through the haze. He hardly even notices his limbs trembling, or his heart beating faster than it should — until he stumbles.
He sucks in a breath as he regains his footing, glancing at Evergreen with ears pinned back as he speaks. Foggy as he is, it takes him a moment to make sense of the words. I'm sorry, He mumbles, anxiety somewhat soothed by the touch he registers belatedly. He sits abruptly, blinking, and wonders for the millionth time why he's so tired lately. It doesn't seem to matter what he does; whether he sleeps or hunts, rises with the sun or the moon, eats or abstains, he never feels any less exhausted. And now, it seems he can't even manage a walk around the territory.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The apology falls on round ears perked forward in concern. Fortunately, there is no argument, no lies of "I'm alright," and steps to continue on. Instead, River sits, and Eve hums softly in approval.
Yet it doesn't begin to ease the worry that weighs upon his shoulders. The burden ought to not be for River to bear alone, and for awhile now, it seems Eve has failed to carry himself. It shouldn't have been upon the pack to hold his weight. Guilt swims in the brown wolf, but he tries to hold together the overwhelming emotions.
He sits next to River, brushing a shoulder briefly along the other's.
I'm doing better, he says, although his speech remains imperfect, much like how River's is forever guttural.
I think it's time I join you on your hunts. Eve suggests, a grin curling lopsided across his cheeks. He doubts River would listen to his pleas to halt completely, but perhaps this way he can be there in the way his... squiggly question mark has been here for him.
Working on wrapping up current threads!