Moonsong Glacier You're living in the age of the refugee, my friend.
134 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Belharra didn't make it back to the forest just yet. For one. there was a scent here that drew her out - the scent of a wolf in heat.

She followed it curiously for a while, but after it was joined by a male scent, Belharra lost interest. She'd had enough of men for the next eternity or so. After all, Men:

A smirk carried on her lips as she thought back on @Asmodeus. He had at least been intelligent. Their romp had ended, but in this moment she found herself wondering where he had 'fucked off' to. Hopefully to the Great Laid Beyond, where the women came cheap and easy, and thrills abounded by the plenty.

"Stupid, happy fuck." Belharra muttered to herself as she turned from the trail and went down towards a small stream. It was at least peaceful here. She could see Neverwinter in the distance, and the glacier looked hauntingly pretty in the moonlight. Thinking back on her childhood Belharra broke into quiet song as she searched for a place to bed the night.

"silverspun lady on the moon
waiting for that someday soon.
lonely man beneath the sea
blue caught in melancholy
silver woman, looking down
blue king with a crooked crown
theirs are days far apart
theirs are lives held in one heart."
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Hey, you scoundrel! The black wolf, seen stark on the icy glacier, came trotting up to the boggy colored woman in a falsely fit. You didnt tell me you were some kind of Bard. Here, I could have had you sing to me all the while we were out here cold and hungry! A playful expression held her features, her tail high like a banner waving to and fro. She growled, her trot turning to a spring and sprint as she closed the distant between them, to tackle Belharra, to bite and tug at the side of her nape in play. It had been a bit of time since the vagabonds had been together. Seemingly, ever since Vallkyrie met up with @Katya Noir at the coast.
134 Posts
Ooc —
If Belharra knew Vallkyrie had abandoned her to abscond with Miss Short-N-Stumpies (the very same lady who didn't care to listen to her wonderful stories) her reception probably would have been different, as in, not so friendly. She turned around with a devil-grin, tail wagging as the two met. "Listen, ye smelly codpiece -" Belharra started matter-of-factly, standing at attention in the most prissy fashion possible. "If you'd not given me a defective rabbit and stressed my songmaker, I mightve warbled you a mighty toon. But, you did. So, there's that."

She grinned, rubbing the throat that had been so mistreated by the hare they'd caught together. "Lucky I healed up, so ye are. Else, the world might suffer to never hear Ole Belharry sing again. And that's a sad day indeed."
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie couldnt help but chuckle at the woman's upright display, asserting herself as she began to badmouth back in turn. Belharra seemingly brought out the worst in Kyr. The two young wolves, not even to adulthood, still had made it through till the end of this winter, even with the quakes and famine. Be it the dark black and mocha woman's survival tactics or the twilight youth's strict upbringing.

The fuck you just call me? If anyone smells, it's this muddy bog-rat I'm looking at. A hiss and a laugh, as the woman rubs her throat again in memory of having nearly choked to death on the rabbit she tried to steal for herself. And where's your singing got you these days hu? Thought I'd lost you for good there awhile.
134 Posts
Ooc —
BOG RAT? Why, I never!

Belharra gasped, loudly and dramatically. She even brought a paw to her chest in a gesture of affront. "'Ow dare!!" She reacted, her eyelashes fluttering in obscene mockery of pearl-clutching surprise. "WOY, MY MUDDER WOULD FAINT AT THE VERY IDEA." If, you know, her mother had given one rat's (a muddy bog-rat's!) ass about her children.

She straightened her posture, cutting Vallkyrie with a rather frigid stare. "Ye've wounded me mortally, ye know." More eyelash fluttering. "Ye should know my good looks are the only thing I've got, besides my singin' voice. And ye already near took that away from me! Begat!! I shan't sing for ye until reparations are made." Belharra was going to far with this dramatic joke, maybe, but she couldn't help it - she even stifled a snigger as she waited for Vallkyrie to gush apologies.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
She gasps, limb curled up for paw to touch chest. Oh how I never! How could Kyr ever! OH! My word! I have misspoken! Please- allow me... The strikingly black woman slides forth, to close the distance between them. She whines, falling rather pathetically and dramatically to the ground before Belharra's feet, utterly defeated, the stark snowy white streak from her throat down to her belly exposed. What I had meant to say was, your the most ​beautiful muddy bog-rat I had ever laid these icy eyes on. She spoke, her false dramatics ending as she silenced and a large, toothy grin spread across her features.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Delightfully, Vallkyrie joined in on the masquerade. Belharra met her antics with equally exaggerated ministrations of shock: headshakes, gasps, eye-blinks, the whole kishkabosh. She nodded along as Vallkyrie rightfully corrected her faux pas. Belharra nodded quite vigorously to the corrections made - they were most amenable indeed.

"Mmmm, yes." She said with an air of coquettish charm, masterfully impersonating the posh accent of the High-Born and Do-Wells. "I accept your humble apology." The accent she feigned felt so weird on her tongue! Belharra continued anyway, adding devoted thespian to her ever growing list of talents. "Come, let us have dinner like the gentlefolk, and put this all behind us. Water under the cave walls."

She dropped the accent fast. The switch was remarkable. So remarkable, her voice sounded guttural and coarse next to the floaty tune she had hummed just a moment prior. "Sit ye ass down, m'fair lady. I wot ye deserve this song no mores then I deserve the heaven'ly gates, but I'll sing t'ye, so I will. About a nice little muddy bog-rat. The most beautiful muddy bog rat in the werld - and the crusty fish dat insulted her.

That strike ye fancy? Good. Lesstart." Belharra sat up and took in a gulp before she launched into a song, her paws tapping along with the beat.

"Ooh, once upon a time y'ken,
dere wuz dis maiden rat
who lived out on the grange
a daughter of sir misterblatt

she twas beautiful, it's sed
and full of smarts to boot
but one fine day, in that summer way
a storm come howlin' afoot

dat dark cloud came, in the form o'a fish
she was rude and brassy,
the furthest thing from classy
as ever a maiden did wish

dat fish met the fair rat-lass
and sized her up with one dish eye
crowed "ye's as ugly as a nekkid hen's ass
so hideous ye oughta die."

such words the grange had never heard
so rude! so cruel! so unkind!
de rat gasped in shock, it twas so absurd
to be insulted by a vapid swine

she curtsied in the grangely way
and gave that fish a look
she swore she'd make dat rude bitch pay
and gave dat waterlover a wicked hook

SPLITTER SPLAT! HITHERSWASH!
her claws raked to an' fro
when she was done, de fish was a mash
all ripped up and too poor for show

dat fish learned one lesson to late!
never insult a grange-bred gal
if ye do, say g'byes to yer pals
for the grange-girl's not a gal t' aggravate."

Belharra licked her lips as she finished with a flourish, her showman's eyes resting on Vallkyrie in full expectation of hearty mcfooken applause.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Chest puffed, head held high, Belharra switched gears on Vallkyrie by portraying a high born woman, spoken properly and with an air of honor and royalty about her. Kyr giggles, yet in all honesty it is nothing she is not incredibly familiar with. Vallkyrie was such a woman.The Archer family was such a family, born and raised honest, strong willed, dominant and proud, perhaps even arrogant in their nature. After all, they did truly believe that the first Archer was created by the Gods, brought down in a streak of lightning. It was something which Vallkyrie didnt think she would find herself mentioning to the woman before her. For although Kyr believed in it all, she did not preach, especially to one that would likely laugh and mock. Or so, the black woman could only be left to assume. 

Act fallen, Vallkyrie flips back onto her snowed stomach against the ice of the glacier. She smirks, words of the bog-rat listened with perked ears to the crusty fish. She did, of course, smell much of the coast where she had spent time at the Bay just north of here. Ears perked to attention, icy eyes fixed, tail sliding back and forth behind her, she listens to the woman as she sings and clicks her dull nails on the ice bed. 

The story of the rat and fish unfolded, the rat defeating the fish which had made fun of her. Of course, in this scenario it was Vallkyrie which was "ripped up and poor for show" but it was an analogy which only caused a laughter from the stripped wolf. Bravo! She boasts to the woman with a howl out as she scrabbles into a sitting position on long limbs. Ole Belharry impresses again! A playful tone, she shakes her snow touched coat and her skull tilts to the side questioningly. A bard if I'd ever seen one. You just came up with all that out of no where?
134 Posts
Ooc —
Belharry was mostly kidding bout the fish. Mostly  Though she didn’t know Vallkyrie was high born, she would have teased the shit out of the woman once her secret was out of the proverbial bag. As soon as Belharra was done hammering tunes out of her craw, she took a long and exaggerated bow. When she looked up, her audience of one was grinning. Good. Score. 

Belharra grinned back, her tail thumping against the snow. It was good to sing again, and Vallkyrie had the added benefit of being on Belharra’s good side. Which meant she poured her heart and soul into that miserable song. 

Aye, right on the spot. Belharra tapped her skull, the grin persisting. Ye’d be surprised what sloshes around in dis ole clunker.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
I really am impressed... Vallkyrie pushed on and lifted up to stand, lowering her front half for a stretch. I think there should be more to life then guarding borders, tracking deer and chasing rabbit. Of course, these were very important things, feeding and protecting your pack. But surviving was not only what she wished to do, but to live life to the fullest. Explore, celebrate, enjoy all that she could while she could. Now I've met my fair share of priestess, healer and star-reader, but never a bard. She informs, thinking back to her homeland where things such as mystics and seers existed. 

There, Belharra would be sought as a Jester of the court. Different from an omega whom helped the pack by letting out physical aggression, Belharra's skills would be to lighten everyone's mood, to storytelling with the children and singing during festivals. Her rare skill would have been placed to praise. Of course, as long as she didnt steal from the caches. You not decide to whoo any Leaders with that singing voice yet and settle down? Likely not. Belharra had explained she liked doing things on her own while Vallkyrie had preferred having a pack. She had to admit though, her adventures with Belharra and those others she had met in her travels had been quite pleasant despite the constant hunger and worn out legs.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Wait. 

Hold up. 

A JESTER?!?

Belharra would have openly mocked such a deportment.  For one, she served no king. And for two, Belharra, in a court? Among civilized and decent people? Lol. 

Remaining blissfully unaware of Vallkyrie Archer’s ex-kingdom cultures, Belharra preened under the accolades of her peer and nodded along. Yes, very good, great performance. Stupendous really. If it was all the same to our readers, Belharra preferred the life of a rogue. No kings required in this vagabond life, thank you. No boots to kiss or whims to please except for her own. The open road, the endless sky - all her domain. Hmmm.. lemme think for a minute. Belharra pretended to seriously consider what it was like to be Belharra the Delta of XYZ pack. Belharra the Packsman. 

She’d rather be Belharra the Tax Collector. Plhegh!

Removing her paw from her chin (thoughtful time is over) Belharra grinned. Nah. Suppose not. There’s a pack of kids setting shop near where I’m denning, but they’re not really ... Belharry material, y’ken? Meaning, they did not quite get along like chicken and rice. How bout yourself? Anything good for the inimitable Miss Vallkyrie Archer?
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Belharra was left to think, perhaps not all too seriously, on whether or not any packs around the area had been worth her time. A 'Nah' came forth and although she did this, she still mentioned a back nearby which she had been denning.  A group of kids, something which sounded very much unofficial which is likely why the rogue had not been properly run off from the area. They didnt have the means to run off loners and keep them out. Maybe, until Vallkyrie decided otherwise, she would stick around here too. 

Vallkyrie laughed in the manner of which Belharra questioned of herself and then shook her head a 'no'. There was this woman I met named @Ketzia. She talked about forming her own and we were headed west to the Hinterlands but it's been quite a bit of time since then. May have lost her, to be honest. She didnt  know if she had it in her to keep looking, but she might as well at least head in that direction. She had a bit but had gotten caught up once she reached the seaside. But here near a thick forest and not far from the ocean with plenty of open plains for hunting in between, this was quite the nice little spot too.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Ketzia was a pretty name. Belharra nodded, thinking. She hadn't met many on the road, really, so she couldn't say where this Ketzia was from. As long as she wasn't a threat to the ole Belharry Parade, this little bog-rat could accept her existence just fine.

"Oh, that's a cryin' shame." Belharra said not at all genuinely, as Vallkyrie mentioned they may have parted ways. "And such a big wilderness too. Ye think the kids over yonder gobbled her up?" The stupid grin on her face was the only indication she was jesting, for her tone was flat and almost serious.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie shook her head, huffing at Belharra not so honestly saying it was a shame they had lost touch. Not jealous was she?? Ain't no way. She seemed like she had a good head on her shoulders.  And then she turns her attention to her, noticing the cheesy expression on her face. Vallkyrie snorted, lifting a paw at the woman's face to try to swat her for her jest which Kyr had not quite caught in time. 

Say, I might check out this group of pups, see what the deal is, if I can make a good place for myself there. Maybe they arnt Belharra material, but maybe Vallkyrie could make it work for her. And you wouldn't be far off either, hu?
134 Posts
Ooc —
Good head on her shoulders, got lost. Belharra filed that pretty name under “probably eaten” and moved on with a handsome smile on her face. 

A grin which dropped at Vallkyrie’s suggestion. Belharra couldn’t say she fancied it. She sniffed, tilting her muzzle just so in response - clearly taking her time on composing an eloquent and polite answer. If ye like wastin’ your time, I won’t stop ye. One of them’s got a mouth on ‘im ain’t even befit a soggy-brained seagull — but I’m not the type to tell someone what they ought to do. Ye do ye, but don’t say I didn’t warn ye that you’re better’n themfolk. Obviously, Belharra’s opinion of that one particular speckledog set the bar incredibly low.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
That grin quickly got ripped from her face at Vallkyrie's suggestion of checking out the forming group of wolves in the forest. She didnt care for them, one in particular it seemed and pledged it would be a waste of Kyr's time. Be that as it may it was worth the shot in Kyr's eyes, who although was not desperate (if she was she would have gone to the first one she scented) for a pack, did so want to be within one again. Besides, just because they didn't fancy Belharra didn't mean they wouldn't fancy her. 

Awwwwww....! Cooed from the lips of Vallkyrie. Didnt think you thought so highly of me. She spoke, lifting a paw to curl at her chest and she batted her eyes a moment. Besides, wouldn't it be good to have someone on the inside? You might be the great survivalist, but I do wonders in pack life. I can whip em into shape. Maybe even you'd stick with us then... Not only be useful to a new establishing pack, but grow up to be a wolf revered and remembered, accomplished as those before her and all that.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Belharra had no doubts Vallkyrie could work her magic on anyone - especially those as simpleminded as the one that happened to occupy this forest. That did not, however, change Belharra's opinion of the numero-uno vagrant who happened to call himself chief of these whereabouts. As it stood, Belharra believed herself above him and wasn't one to waste her time.

"If that's what tickles ye, I won't stop ye. Ye can tell him it's a package-type deal. Guy like him could use two sensible ladies with brains between their ears - given god saw fit to give him none." Belharra followed her snipe with a little wink, not in the least sorry for what she had said. It was true, wasn't it?
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
It was hard to be ruled by someone you throught not as quick witted as you, as smart, as fit for leadership. Vallkyrie could see Belharra having these problems, as sassy as she was and, well, as stubborn as she was too. Vallkyrie had imagined upon joining another pack here she would join one that was well structured, had been long established and had an older leader, one whom had aged and with it had learned what it took to be a good leader and make their pack just as equally great. It was what Vallkyrie had been born to, after all.

Though with some thought, she had left her pack to find her own place in the world, to not be just another face, another number amongst the many. Maybe, joining this group of yearlings and pups, struggling for their survival on their own, this was the chance for Vallkyrie to show what she could really be capable of. 

Well maybe I can be the brains and he can be the brawn, savvy? She spoke, the ladder word curling on her tongue to mock the odd islander accent which Belharra held. I'll defend your place here, should he try and run you off. Make him see your someone worth having on your good side. She smiled, offering the woman a wink of her own. But remember Belly, she cooed with a touch of motherly affection, like a treacher promptimg her student with valuable lesson. We have to work together now. Play nice.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Being mocked wasn't on Belharra's agenda today, so when she heard Vallkyrie's tongue curl in that feigned brogue she huffed, about to slay her with words. Those words fell from her lips as Vallkyrie continued speaking, drafting a delightful idea that had Belly-Bog's lips twitching in churlish delight.

"Ye speak true." Belharra surmised, almost going full Monty-Burns in grin and mannerisms. "Nice? Wot ye saying I'm not nice? Why - I'll be the nicest little friend ye've ever seen, mark it." Belharra smiled radiantly, pressing her paw to her cheek while blinking innocently. "Now - wot are they all like? Any cuties in the bunch?"
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
I think you mixed our two threads, but I'm rolling with it!

She was not amused with Vallkyrie's mocking tongue of her leggy friend (although Kyr was a lithe and leggy woman herself) though Belharra could not object Vallkyrie's ideas and plan of action which was then met with a smile. Kyr couldnt help the laugh. Of course, she was nice to her after the rough little start but obviously she had gotten under the Leader's skin for the both of them to think poorly of one another. Cant say I've met any of them personally yet. When you go around the forest, it's mainly that one scent lingering, I guess the leader. Maybe the kids havent figured out the whole 'border marking' part yet. But I'll learn 'em.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Oops! Wrap up with your post, and we can have a new one? :)

Belharra had noticed much the same. Mal's scent everywhere, with little else. God, he even cluttered her fine nosehairs! So inconsiderate.

She twitched her muzzle. For once, Belharra was at a loss with what to say. She didn't really feel like making fun of kids.. That was too low-brow, even for her. "Well, ye got your work cut out for ye." Belharra offered at last, quirking one waggling brow. "I'll leave ye to it, to round up the kids and learn'em and wotnot. Gonna go get some grub." She rose and took a few steps, and then turned around as if in afterthought.

"Ye in?"
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Most definitely! Maybe a three way with @Clover too?

In all due time. Vallkyrie murmurs, speaking on the youths within the group. She too was young and all of it just came down to time and practice. Though it was hard, fortunately for Vallkyrie her family pack had been adamant about teaching the pups the ropes. Of course! With an excited bound she jumped ahead of Belharra and off.