Fairspell Meadow importance to the state
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
there is a lull in the snow; a day found rare by the tundrian: sunny and clear though still as biting as he expects any winter day to be. it allows him the opportunity to seek out the flatlands beneath the looming watch towers of the spire though the need is purely out of own self interest. in truth, the spire was plenty self-sustaining for sagtannet; they never need leave it if they didn't wish to. the early morning of his descent from his home trickles into mid-morning when large paws touch upon the grass meadow of fairspell.

it doesn't hold half the appeal in the clutches of winter: a vast stretch of barren berry bushes and blanketed in a layer of snow. yet, even still he swears the sweet scent of wildberries remain. or perhaps, wintersbane, ready for the ouroboros to complete it's circle of chasing its own tail is ready for the coming spring. though he knows that this spring will not bring him the joy that it will bring others; that joy denied to him with the death of his wife.

the future was still uncertain, he knows and works to convince himself as he trudges thru the untarnished snows of the meadow; keen glacial gaze noting distinct hoof prints and crossing the path of their musky aroma. wintersbane keeps mental note of the herd but doesn't persue them; beside the fact that there is little need the idea of trying to haul even half of a carcass up the spire-side is not appealing.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Soleil was getting more comfortable leaving the territory, however it took courage today to overcome the darken woods. Blackfeather woods stood tall and menancing, especially as the winter bright contrasted it's dark outside, she couldn't help but slightly shudder as the woman passed by it, refusing to even go in it once more. All but bad memories, as the crows cawed in laughter and the children laughing at her for her sad attempts to flee, no pity was seen, only silent amusement. She would never go back.

Though beyond was a rather pleasant area, but an open field like the claim Kaistleoki had. She knew it was a meadow, but as winter arrived the flowers that could be had long been covered. Though today was a more pleasant day, and it gave courage to pass the nightmare of a forest, for the brightness could guide. Another guide however, as Soleil carefully followed a trail of steps, and slowly decided to continue forth on where they could be. They looked of deer.

Halt, for a dark figure stood amongst the white, and she nodded politely at the other, stopping the adventure of the path, "Hello, how are you?" She smiled gently, for the hope of a passing conversation.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
the footfalls of another break thru wintersbane's rumination, drawing his sharp glacial gaze in the woman's direction; scent of pack unfamiliar to him carrying upon the gentle, if not chilly winter breeze that floats lazily through the meadow. she is a mixture of greys and creams and greets him with a polite nod, a gentle smile and soft spoken words. ❝hello,❞ the tundrian returns the greeting with his own; head tipping in what could be described as a gentlemanly manner.

a shift of weight is given and wintersbane steps over a hoof print; large paw-print destroying the deer mark in accident. he peers down at the crunch of snow underfoot and peers back at the stranger with a soft snort. it wasn't as if he was tracking and if she is then he doubts his single step will keep her from finding her quarry who's trail is still visible further along.

❝i'm well,❞ the tundrian responds to what he feels is an unusual question; though he speaks honestly all the same. ❝and yourself?❞ asking about the wellbeing of strangers who's name they don't even know strikes him as odd a second time as he returns it to her out of knee-jerk politeness ( that he does not always harbor ).
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"I am quaint," it was a relief the first wolf she met was not a hostile entity, and of simple politeness. He was a large man, far larger then herself despite being of normalicy, and the muscle to boot. Soleil didn't doubt he had been through a few things, unlike herself who held a simple life, "it seems that the herds are returning." Her lavender gaze glanced toward the hoof prints before retreating back to his blues.

"I am Soleil Kinaiver, nice to meet you."
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i am quaint. the woman speaks, in an old-fashioned dialect that sort of reminds him of andraste or lave.

❝yes,❞ wintersbane remarks at the mentions of the herds returning. ❝it is fortunate.❞ though he had been lucky enough to enter the wilds at the tail end of the famine and hadn't suffered the very worst of it. the return of the herds is, nevertheless, a good sign. it promises a bountiful spring and, were they lucky, healthy cubs. this was what the tundrian hopes for the cubs of sagtannet, despite that he would father none his self this spring.

soleil. ❝wintersbane.❞ the tundrian offers her his name after she gives her own, excluding the 'ansbjørn' bit ...though for no particular reason. given his habit of almost never actually introducing himself giving 'wintersbane' at all was a step in the right direction. ❝the pleasure is all mine.❞

and then because curiosity won out, wintersbane asks, ❝i don't recognize your pack scent ...where do you hail from?❞
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
The man had been kinder then most she met outside of the plains. Though she had not spent much time wandering, but the saddened time she did, resulted in two pups laughing and beating upon her. A frigid nightmare she wished to avoid, and was grateful he was not one. She trusted rather quickly, a weakness Soleil hasn't realized, "You have a nice name." The one's she was recognized most with are the french-variant, his was intriguing.

"I bid with Kaistleoki, the group in the plains." He also held a scent, but she was not aware of all the packs the wilds held. Soleil was quite unfamiliar, even with Easthollow, that had only been a whisper of words. While she desired to see the neighbors, there was wariness if they were friendly, or hostile.

"Where are you from? I'm afraid i'm unfamiliar with many Packs," and so she admitted to him.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
kaistleoki.

the name brings with it some tug of familiarity; misplaced though it is. as if he's heard the name in passing or someone spoke it to him perhaps β€” andraste, maybe? β€” and he simply hadn't been paying enough attention to commit to memory. thus, he offers her a firm nod though the slight cant of his head suggests that, ultimately, he is unfamiliar with it. though from the lack of her saying otherwise wintersbane is left to assume that kaistleoki is not a new development in the wilds.

❝i am a leader at sagtannet, upon sawtooth spire,❞ the tundrian gestures towards it, looming like the tooth of sharpened bone of some fallen titan, in the nearby distance. ❝our creation was the joining of courtfall and diaspora.❞ he offers the information though assumes, given that she's told him she wasn't familiar with many packs, that neither name would mean much to her.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"I am unfamiliar, sadly." and he was right, all the names were foreign. She was unaware of even the two packs he named were around, but it seemed pleasant that formed into one. How interesting, she thought, and wondered what caused the formation. Of course, she was a polite one, and refrained from asking despite the curiosity, feeling it'd be rude.

"You are a leader?" oh dear. She could feel a pool of sweat form within her toes, and a guard coming upfront. Worriedness, flashed with the purple toned-eyes, and a more submissive stance had been taken. Soleil was an easily intimidated wolf, and feared more if she offended the polite man, he would frown upon Kaistleoki. However he had been so pleasant so far, the lady should have no reason to feel like this- but still held worry.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane's assumption is proven correct as she mentions that she is unfamiliar with either of the aforementioned packs. it is only to be expected; after all the wilds are vast and packs pop in and out of existence regularly. to try to keep track of them all felt an impossible task, thus it was easier to focus on home and hearth then try to stretch influence past one's own borders. alliances were nice and all, but wintersbane fails to see the true point of them aside from when they are able to equally benefit one another such as the merger of courtfall and diaspora ...but in truth, it does not fall beneath the tundrian's acknowledgement that it was strictly upon circumstance that a merger had been to both of their benefits. how rarely did that actually happen?

he's willing to bet fairly rare.

❝yes,❞ the tundrian rasps in response to her question, watching as she appears to grow nervous in a way she hadn't before. ❝i'm outside my own jurisdiction, there's no need to be nervous.❞ wintersbane is quick to attempt to reassure her β€” and at any rate, he wasn't her leader.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
He was indeed far from where his group was, as she had seen the sawtooth area upon entering teekon. Though Soleil had passed to the spires, and met Tobi upon the mountains. She nearly had the fated meeting of seeing him, but perhaps now was that destined meet. Nontheless though, she did not think Soleil would meet a leader beside her own anytime soon.Β 

The woman still felt nervous, "I apologize," perhaps that itself was rude, "I do not wish to become an embarassment to my pack to another." Soleil had to admit to it, she wished for him to look down upon her and not the group she holds to. It was an escalation, as she felt her mind twirl and think if she said anything wrong.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
there is little need to stray from sagtannet's claim other than to sate own curiosity or stifle some itch to stretch his legs beyond. sawtooth is self-sustaining and as one of it's leaders his presence is best served there as opposed to wondering. but little excursions like this, wintersbane figures, are ok. she apologizes, though in truth she has done nothing worth warranting an apology. he wasn't offended by her nervousness at his mention of being a leader but he isn't sure how to take it. he's never been the lording type.

❝you're fine,❞ wintersbane dispels the notion. ❝you're not embarrassing your pack.❞ the tundrian offers in an attempt to soothe her worries; and though he wants to tell her that she doesn't need to be nervous β€” that he doesn't really care for packs outside of his own sounds callous and cruel β€” he doesn't. it's not his place to tell others how they should and should not feel.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
An awkward smile to the calm man. He wasn't a harsh one, he was a kind one despite the nervousness she held, and did not fret. Should be thankful, as other may be offended. Soleil might be naive, but she knew the basics of the worlds reigns, despite not liking it too well. Though perhaps with him, she could for now get away with it and talk casually with a leader.

Hopefully forgetting her late if it ends up bad. Soleil always thought the worst.

"Is your home beautiful? The woman hasn't seen the mountains too well except for Sunspire, and that itself was a beautiful place. She would enjoy to make a trip there once confident enough to venture again. Though the rest remained an unknown entity, for she simply travelled to the highest peak without another care to the world. It gave a calling, and she was right to follow it for it led to meeting @Tobias, a thankful chance of fate that then led her to Kaistleoki.Β 

She'll always be thankful for any mysterious entity that gave this shot at a true family.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
tags for reference! β™₯

though wintersbane didn't spend too much time reminiscing about it, his casual approach to leadership β€” though harsh and cold as an anvil when needed β€” is ...undeniably interesting given the multitude of ways he was brought up. in teaghlaigh, arturo's word was law; iron clad. most of the packs he had called home during his youth ( numerous as they were ) followed a similar regime. the tundrian was decidedly chill for the most part, as @Quellcrist probably would've put it in her 'hip lingo'. probably, it had something to do with his own rebellion against the leaders during his wild years.

is your home beautiful?, she asks.

wintersbane contemplates her question, having not been one to look at a territory for its beauty. mostly, their worth is always in how defendable and self-sustaining they were. what was the point of having a beautiful home if it didn't provide for the wolves that claimed it? if it left them vulnerable? ❝uh,❞ he vocalizes the fact that he finds himself caught off guard by the question. ❝yeah, i guess its beautiful. it's nice to see the wilds stretching out below us.❞ on his more arrogant days, it could easily make him feel like a titan peering down at a world much less significant than the one built upon their spire.

the pair speak for a bit longer before, suspecting he has spent too much time away from the spire, wintersbane bids her farewell and heads home.