Blacktail Deer Plateau and my tongue stiffens into silence,
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Of all the things she could have said, he does not expect her to say that. Cupid saw himself as a lost cause that's beyond repair, so everyone must see him as such too. But Erzulie, she's different. Despite how much of a mess he looked, she still believed he had some good left in him.

Was she right? Cupid sighed softly. If I hurt them in any way, take them from me. Give them to someone that'll treat them with love and care. Because it was a possible for him to go off the deep end. If that happened, he didn't want to drag his kids down with him.

If. That's the key term. Erzulie was right. If he didn't care for their wellbeing, he wouldn't have asked this of her. He wouldn't be here in the first place. He'd probably still be out by the river trying to end both his life and theirs. But he's still here and breathing. He didn't know why he was still alive, because he truly wished to die, but he'd keep on breathing. Not for himself, but for his children. He couldn't give up on them just yet.

But let me try to be good to them. I want to be better than my mom.
Messages In This Thread
and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - February 17, 2020, 05:54 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Cupid - February 21, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - February 24, 2020, 02:28 AM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Cupid - February 26, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - February 27, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Cupid - February 29, 2020, 01:52 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - February 29, 2020, 09:01 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Cupid - March 01, 2020, 01:12 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - March 01, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Cupid - March 01, 2020, 04:13 PM
RE: and my tongue stiffens into silence, - by Erzulie - March 01, 2020, 07:11 PM