Great Bear Wilderness i've a nagging fear someone else is pulling at the strings
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
All Welcome 
Set on the outskirts of Haunted Wood, set an hour or two before their joining thread. Open to one or two others - looking for a Nightwalkers wolf or two? Maybe someone near Clarence's age.

Santiago had found a place to stay, it seemed. It had been a long walk, with a strange lady that Clarence hadn't really talked to just yet. The piebald boy had followed without question, but found that he was a little nervous, standing on the edges of the woods. They seemed almost... ominous, in a way. 

In his naivety, Clarence hadn't realized that this might not be the best choice for him. That he might not have a true friend in Santiago. All he knew was that he was the first wolf who had shown him what Clarence thought to be genuine kindness in... ever.

The spotted boy leaned down to nose at a budding bush just on the forest's edge. It smelled nice, fresh, not sterile and bloody. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad here.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She hung back so that she may meet the mans friend who seemed to linger following them to her pack. She wondered about this wolf too and was curious if he was as intriguing as the man she had met. "We haven't spoke. I'm serem." She stated simply.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence jumped slightly at the woman's sudden presence - he'd been wrapped up in his own exploration and hadn't realized someone was approaching him. But he smiled nonetheless, red eyes looking her over. Serem - the one they were following. 

"My name is Clarence," he responded, tail swishing back and forth. The woman smelled of milk under her natural scent, and the boy's mind flashed back to metal bars and pregnant bitches being brought in and out to produce puppies. "You have babies?" he asked hopefully, a smile on his face.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
He jumped when she spoke and she wondered if the wolf spooked often. Only time would tell if he was a good fit. He introduced himself directly after she did. Then asked his question. "Yes I have two. Twins. Boy and a girl." She responded promptly. "What skills fo you have or interested in learning ?" The woman wanted to see where he best fit.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
His nose had been correct - she did have little ones. Clarence remembered seeing puppies a few times, maybe playing a time or two, but not often. They were cute and fun, but he didn't remember where they went. But this woman had two of them! That was exciting.

"Oh, um," he began, startled by the question, and shifted his feet. "I can, uh, fight? And teach the babies how to fight and stuff if they need to learn, maybe. I'll be careful with them!" Really, he was just looking for an excuse to play, but teaching them skills would also be useful.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Well at least he would be good for something and that's really all the woman could ask for. "Good, I want them to learn different styles of fighting from majority of our members." She smiled at the thought of her young tackling the young man. "Perhaps you and me can spar one day."
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
She seemed pleased with his answer, and Clarence couldn't have been happier. His curled tail swished happily and he grinned, paws tapping against the ground. "I want to learn, too! But I don't really want to hurt anybody. If that's okay?" Hurting people was bad, and Clarence didn't like the sight of wolf blood. It made him feel sick.

"Oh! We can spar," he stated eagerly, tail swishing through the air. "I won't hurt you, don't worry."
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
He stated that he didn't want to hurt anyone and serem knew that wasn't an option in this world. "Sometimes life doesn't give you that choice." She wanted to get that straight right now. When he got excited she couldn't keep the smile from her face. "Alright calm down show me what you got."
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence was eager to please the woman, tail swishing audibly in the air behind him. The piebald boy put his chest on the ground and rump in the air, instinctively signifying that this was play, before he crouched and launched himself at the black wolf. 

At the very last second, he jerked around, aiming to barrel into her right shoulder like a missile. The bracelet on his wrist jingled in metallic tunes the entire time.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
He went for it and went straight for her shoulder and it was a direct hit. Now serem went to tackle the male. She wasn't as playful as she was with Santiago but she wasn't going to hurt him either. He had done nothing to her so there was no reason to.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Though Clarence was experienced, he had also forgotten much of what he'd learned, and muscle memory only got one so far. Serem tackled him to the ground, and knocked the breath out of him. However, he wrapped his forelegs around her and twisted in an attempt to roll them over. Still not using his jaws - this was a friendly spar, and he certainly didn't want to see blood. 

Hopefully, never again.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
When her wrapped around her and rolled she pushed off before he could get her on her back and she backed up looking at him. She took this time to catch her breath before bracing herself for his next move.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
That didn't seem to work. Clarence was getting tunnel vision - his head was beginning to throb and all he could focus on was the pulse in the throat of the woman he was sparring with. It wasn't unbearable or uncontrollable yet, but he was to the point where he could absolutely ignore the burn in his own muscles as he lunged forward instantly, pivoting on his paws to this time dive beneath the woman, aiming to hit her underbelly.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She could sense something was wrong with the boy, there was a scent change to him and she had seen it before and jumped to the side to avoid his move. "Hey, you good?" She questioned slightly, she could practically smell the uneasiness in the air between them.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence stopped immediately, licking his lips and turning red eyes toward her. His pupils were dilated badly. "I, uh," he began, clearing his throat and shaking his head. "I'm good. Sorry." He stepped back and offered her a smile. "You win. That was great!"
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
As he looked at her she gave a soft smile towards the boy and gave him a reassuring nudge hopefully the touch would be calming she knew it had helped her before as she watched him take a step back. "Next I want to see how you hunt but for now rest." She wanted him to take a break.
”Common” "Spanish"
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Yeah, rest sounded good. Clarence smiled softly at her and nodded his head, stepping back and heading off to find a spot to lay down. Sleep was a rarity for him, but something that was well needed, and he appreciated that she was willing to let him leave. Later, he'd try his hand at hunting, poor though it may be. For now, sleep. 
fade