Whitefish River pixels
207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Sunset eyes crack open slowly, and the silver boy yawns and stretches as he wakes, leaning into his husband's sleeping form. The sun is just barely rising, dim light filtering through the den entrance and casting a hazy glow over everything. As he focuses fully on the scene, he can't help thinking that @Evergreen looks enchanting in this light. Asleep, he looks younger somehow, subtle lines of stress and age removed from his features. It's something he only notices because he knows him so well, because he's seen him at his best and his worst and every shade between. He leans forward to kiss his cheek, a sudden irresistible impulse. I love you, He murmurs, lingering, nose trailing up to nip lightly at his ear.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The movement is what causes the bear to begin stirring. Content the Count had been to snooze away the morning even when patrol duties call to him. Here he is comfortable, warm and with his favorite person. The kiss to his cheek causes him to pinch his eyebrows softly before they relax, a dopey grin forming across sleepy lips. The murmur barely catches, but with the quiet and only the chirping of birds to interrupt, the bear nonetheless hears the soft confession. I love you, he echoes, opening mismatched green eyes—obviously half-asleep.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
He hadn't expected his mate to respond, but it's a pleasant surprise. He tucks in his limbs and shifts, burying himself in Evergreen's massive belly as he often does when they sleep. You're cute when you're sleepy, He says softly, wondering if Evergreen will forget to be embarrassed for once, or if the compliment will wake him up enough to act shy as always.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Though he is obviously drowsy, he tries to focus on the way the morning light filtering in illuminates the silver of his mate. Soft oranges frame the edges of his face, and it leaves him feeling all the more fortunate that Winterbourne is with him. At some point his eyes feel heavy, and they blink close again with a soft sigh. Not as cute as you. The bear counters.
207 Posts
Ooc —
The lack of shyness warms his heart, and leaves him feeling a little more bold too. I think you're wrong, He returns with a slight smile, voice taking on a mischievous edge. He shifts again, this time away so he can prod at Evergreen's belly — he's always wondered if his mate is ticklish.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Yeah, well, he mumbles, puffing a round cheek as he peers his eyes open again—a half-hearted glare sent Winterbourne’s way. The prod isn’t something the bear expects, and he shifts to press his back further against the tree away from the mischievous hunter. you’re wrong. Evergreen blissfully unaware of what Winterbourne is planning.
207 Posts
Ooc —
As Evergreen moves away from him, he sees his opening, and immediately forgets about continuing their 'argument'. Besides, this will be his victory. He bites back a giggle as he swoops in to attack, careful to avoid any flailing limbs.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Startled by the sudden movement, Evergreen shifts but there is nowhere for the bear to run. Already squished as much as he could be, he is cornered under Winterbourne’s mercy. His jaws are agape with laughter and tears forming in his eyes.
207 Posts
Ooc —
His attack is a success, leaving Evergreen gasping for breath between his laughter. Satisfied, he lets up after a few moments, flopping against his mate and showering him with kisses. I win, He murmurs between kisses, smiling broadly this time.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Finally, it ceases and Evergreen is left to gasp for breath—it is painful, and he takes his time whilst Winterbourne changes his tune and showers him with affection instead. Once he's collected, the bear puffs his cheeks, a sore loser; I agree to disagree. He gives his mate a kiss on the forehead nonetheless.