Seaside Moors And I did a lot wrong I can't make right
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Joining 
Didn't know @Tundra was here! Awesome!
 His fur was matted and heavy, stuck in clumps by his clotted blood.
He couldn't reach a lot of the damage, and when he tried it hurt immensely.
Damn Redhawk.

His teeth hurt too, a whole fuck tonne. He'd tried to catch frogs, but when his jaws kept snapping together empty, it became too much and he just sat down and cried in pain.
Then promptly moved on in fear of being hunted by the crazy woman.

Soon, he came upon another scent. Another pack.
But this one he recognized all too well, with an addition he didn't expect.
Tundra.
He tipped his head, calling for her, knowing she probably wouldn't be too far from the border, and the same wolf Khepri had called his Mother, @Erzulie.

He waited on the border, til wagging and waiting.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Aningan was hunting when a voice reached out over the land, carrying with it a request for Tundra, then Erzulie. That the voice was not a familiar one left him skeptical, curious to find who might be seeking an audience with them. Pausing mid-step, he raised his head whilst his ears swiveled this way and that to better pick up on the direction of origin. Once he was confident he knew, the Inuk turned on his heels and took off in the direction opposite to the one he was previously travelling in; his hunt could wait.

Moving further and further from the territory’s heart, the bear was soon maneuvering through the outskirts. It was there he found the owner of the voice, a mottled mess of mats and blood; he could smell the copper in the air even before he saw it, although old and fading. Stiffening with his approach, the young leader stopped several paces off before calling out to the other: “Who are you? What happened to you?” What do you want with Tundra and Erzulie? he wanted to add but abstained—for now, that is.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
he wasn't wrong about her whereabouts, paws indeed did skim the fringes of the rolling moors with lethal grace when his call was delivered on the shifting breeze. the air hitched in her throat, ears leaning forward as hope flickered treacherously in the depths of her creme chest. rowan? he was alive, he was here...calling for her. she almost loosed a sob of relief, the deathly clutches of clawed guilt easing somewhat on the shudder of her heart as she broke into an eager sprint. she was not the first to arrive, briefly noting the impossible to miss bulk of aningan before breezing hurriedly past him- nose wrinkling at the tang to hiss back..."rowanit rumbled throatily forth, shaded gaze round as it roamed over his figure. she could barely register that she was now the smallest of the group, that muscles bunched powerfully to keep that figure standing, no- all she could see was the blood.

all former wonderings as to why he'd disappeared, why he hadn't told her or moonshadow, where he'd gone...they all vanished like mist on a sunny afternoon. gaze narrowing, her lip curled a little as a predatory growl rumbled in the back of her throat and she hissed "who the fuck did this?"
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He stood steadfast, his tail tucking quickly.
He knew this man to be the leader of Rusalka. Now he was nearly as big as the titan, not a growing cub he was. What struck the lad now was the similarity in the eyes between him and the Redhawk.

"I- I know Khepri. Or Scarab, I don't know."
Rowan couldn't smell his friend on the border, which made him sad, but still held hope.
"I know Tundra too."
He hoped that would ward off the man's seemingly imminent attack to wipe the stain, Rowan, from his land.

His ears twitched as Tundra's form also emerged. His tail wagged hard, but didn't rush up to her in case the man, he thinks his name is Arrogant or something, decided to eat him.
"Tundra," he excitedly whines, play bowing in excitement. He was large, but still a pup around her. He thought her as much as a Mother as Moonshadow.
He'd grown a lot it seemed, for once in the eldritch trees of Blackfeather, she dwarfed him.

Then the anger lit in her forge and he knew it was the nasty wound on him.
"Maegi called her a Redhawk, I met her once when looking for Star with Mama, but we crossed paths again."
She'd know what he spoke of with Star. "I don't know her name, but she's got a tawny slash on her shoulders and her eyes are like his," he tilted his head to Aningan.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Before long, the duo became a trio with the arrival of Tundra. Aningan acknowledged her but, for the most part, his attention remained on the stranger; there was familiarity between them, a past he was mildly curious of. But the other male’s shared connections did not stop there, possessing a tie to another: Scarab. That this was not the bear’s first time meeting him went either unnoticed or unacknowledged, their meeting but a mere passing hardly able to leave a lasting impression.

When asked, the male explained and, in doing so, revealed yet another connection. “Maegi?” he questioned. “The same from Blackfeather Woods?” The name was most unusual—surely they were one and the same. As for the other name—Redhawk—he couldn’t recall having heard it before. “Why’d she attack you?” was his next question, curiosity turning to caution. Was this boy like Caiaphas was claimed to be, causing trouble where he went? He didn’t want to believe it, considering the company he kept, and wondered next if Redhawk was the culprit instead.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
an enervated smile reaches her features at the boy's retained sense of childish delight and especially that he is so glad to see her, but it doesn't pierce the veil of concern shrouding gloomy eyes at the state he's in. redhawk...a frown tugs at her jaws, racking her mind for any knowledge of these wolves but coming back frustratingly empty pawed. still, the details are tucked carefully away and a curious look is cast at aningan's eyes; also taken careful note of. still seething, it is an effort to stay calm and not hunt down the fiend at once and give her something to think about. it was one thing to attack what she still could not help but deem a child, but let her have a go at tundra and see how great she felt after. 

yet that still begged the question, what exactly had led to such an attack..had she been provoked? yet before she could pose the query, surprise flickered to life within tenebrous orbs at what aningan uttered; heart clenching at the mention of home. turning to face him wholly now, she blinked slowly and thought again of bertók's interest in the brawny boy- had he some sort of previous affiliation with the woods? before her mind could run away with itself, she asked coolly "how do you know maegi?

he also asked rowan what had lingered on the tip of tundra's own tongue and so vigilant eyes shifted between the two males, eager to hear what both had to say.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
So, so many questions.
The lad was tired and hungry, alas the hunger was unlikely to be quenched soon but the sleep may be. And the pain.

But he was the one who'd turned up here, bloodied and unannounced, so he deserved the questions.
"Yes, the Melonii." Perhaps if the connections weren't yet met they would be now.
"She told me there was a war when she was a pup between Blackfeather and the Redhawks, and this woman must've been there and still hates us. When I met her the first time I told her I was a Blackfeather." Of course, he wouldn't so easily if he'd known beforehand that Towhee would've tried to murder him.
He sighed softly, letting Tundra question the male about Maegi.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As a question came his way, Aningan’s gaze slipped from the boy to his packmate; there was a curious glint in his eyes, almost as if to repeat the question back to her. But instead of doing so, he answered with, “She’s family.” A sister, although not exactly by blood. He wondered how the two knew her, as well as if whether or not they, like Maegi, knew his father. But as much as he wondered what their answers may be, he held his tongue—now was not the time.

When the other male spoke, his attention was returned to him. He listened as the reason behind the attack was given, brows knitting together in the process. “You didn’t provoke her at all?” he asked, trying to wrap his head around it. If the alleged war occurred so long ago, then why did the Redhawk attack recently? Was that not something that faded with time? Aningan, disinterested in war as a whole, did not understand the concept of never letting it go.

“Do you have anywhere to go?” was his next question. “Or do you want to join us?” Part of him wondered if he should allow it, should that be the boy’s intention; he was injured, after all, and they had their own to worry about as it was. But, if mending him was a simple process, then that would mean having another around to strengthen them. Looking to Tundra again, he asked, “Do you know anything about medicine?” Because even though he knew Erzulie would have the answers, he didn’t feel right taking a stranger to see her now—not with the puppies still so small.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
family...so many questions writhe restlessly upon her tongue but she swallows them back hastily. as much as her curiosity loathed to be stifled, now was not the time to bombard him with queries but she would certainly seek him out after this. regarding him for a few more analytical seconds, an intrigued breath was all to huff forth as sharp eyes settled back upon rowan. quiet for now as aningan did his job, she frowned to herself; she'd heard of war before, had it been with redhawks? it wasn't easy to recall and her brows were furrowed when the sheen of those copper eyes settled upon her again while he posed a question. blinking, she glanced hastily to rowan's injuries before offering a rueful shake of her head. "i'm no healershe mused, shifting her weight as she moved to step closer to the boy. however being a soldier had come with its fair share of time spent with healers as they either tended to herself or various comrades and some things did still linger in the fringes of her mind. "i do know they'd need to be washed out though to avoid infection...and i think cobwebs are used to stop bleeding but it seems to have done that itself?"

more a question than a statement as she raked inky pools across the mess of his fur. "asides from that im afraid i don't know muchrage still simmered within the look she passed over the boy, the urge to find the bitch at once becoming much like an itch you couldn't reach as she tried to push it down. for now, she just had to make sure rowan was okay...they could decide what to do about this afterwards. a side look was cast towards her pale companion, that was if he decided it was worth the risk of upsetting whatever pack she resided within. as much as the idea of letting her go unscathed made her pelt crawl, rowan clearly wasn't familiar to him so who was to say he'd bother doing anything at all that could ruffle pack politics? glancing back to the battered boy, a muscle in her jaw twitched as she was left wondering whether she could follow an order not to pay this woman a visit should it come to that.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Family?
Was he a lost brother of Maegi's? He tilted his head, but no. He couldn't be. As far as Rowan was told, all three were born deformed.
Strange, but perhaps he'll find the man later to ask questions.
"I can't reach it much to clean the blood, so maybe if I have some help with that...and um something for the pain." He didn't know much about infection, as he'd never really had an injury.

The man asked questions, which was to be expected.
"No, I was just near the border, wondering who resided there and what they were like, and I guess she was patrolling and remembered me, so attacked me."
He then extended an offer to stay, which Rowan gladly took up, "I'll stay, but if she comes I'll go immediately if you want me to." 

He looked up at Tundra from his wound, noting the look if her eyes.
"Tundra it's ok, I'll go and talk to her myself," or he could at least try to, "I won't bring war here either," he promised, looking at Aningan. He won't go looking until he broke ties here, and won't mention any of those he'd meet here.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Between the three of them, medical knowledge appeared to be severely lacking. Aningan fell silent as he considered the available options, whilst also listening to the boy as he continued to speak. His wounds needed to be tended to, even if only to be washed out. But to prevent the pain? He wasn’t sure how to go about to that—perhaps he could ask Erzulie, learn a thing or two to be able to handle the situation on his own. And with that aspect of the situation potentially resolved, that left another issue: the attack itself.

By allowing the boy entry, would he be endangering his pack—his family? Rowan offered to leave, should the Redhawk come for him, but would that be enough? Looking between the two of them, he was slow to speak, to decide. Weighing the possibilities, wondering if the risk was one worth taking. But… the boy knew Maegi and Tundra both, a member of his family and a packmate. Would turning him away cause more grief than granting him access?

“Tundra, I want you to be the one to clean up his wounds,” he said eventually. “Take him to the shore, use the sea.” The water always made him feel better, even if wounds were frequently met with a sting. “You can stay,” it was decided. “But if this Redhawk comes looking for you… I can’t endanger my family for you.” If it came down to it, he would cast the boy out to fend for himself without so much as a second thought.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
that troubled frown lingered, only deepening at the mention of his discomfort. yet she held her tongue for the moment, letting aningan have his time as she pondered over what to do. this redhawk, she couldn't just get away with this..attacking an innocent child just because he'd been born into blackfeather's shadowy clutch. the mere idea of it, picturing bright, inquisitive rowan being attacked for his mere indentity....it was a great deal of effort to keep her hackles at bay when that rage writhed within. absent nods were offered at the polar wolf's order, she'd planned on doing that much anyway. did rusalka even have an actual healer? she wasn't familiar enough yet to know much on what skill sets they all claimed. a question for another time however, for even as she thought it, it was fading back into a twisting mist; there was only one thing she could truly focus on at that moment. 

it was when rowan promised to leave if needed that her attention snapped wholly back in place, flinty gaze bearing into the boy and then the rusalkan, jaws gritting at the open suggestion tailing that sentence. blinking back to rowan, she could do nothing to dull the blade as words leaped sharply into the chilled air "if she comes back and rusalka...casts you out...then i'm going with you and no, you are not going to talk to her again; she clearly isn't going to humour youa growl rumbled deeply alongside those last words, tail flicking behind her. there was still so much she wanted to know, had rowan come across moonshadow again? why had he left without a word in the first place? how did aningan know maegi? exhaling lowly, she forced herself to relax somewhat, for rowan's sake. her own misgivings weren't going to help him and neither was keeping him standing on this border.

she glanced to the ivory boy at her side and mustered as much sincerity as she could manage into a low "thankseven if her pelt still prickled at the ease in which he'd made it clear that they would not be safe here should trouble come seeking them. or at least rowan but that by extension would always mean her. if he had nothing else to say, she'd gesture wordlessly for the earthen boy to follow her so that they could cover the moors and seek help from the roll of the presumptuous sea and after that, she would perhaps seek the bear like boy herself.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He listened to Aningan, nodding. It was only fair, he thought.
Here, he'd try to expand his skills the best he can before he has to leave. Or decided to do so to look for his Mother and sister.

Tundra tuned back to them, though Rowan didn't notice she'd not been listening for a moment.
She promised to go with him if he was cast out, but she also ordered him not to go back.
Well, she was right. Rowan didn't mind fighting much, but he realised now going back would be foolish, and he'd had a narrow escape. 
"Yes Tundra," he murmured in response; subdued, not sulky.
She gestured for him to follow, and he did so. Excited to see the ocean.

| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was a moment of confusion that flickered across his face, hearing the woman decide to leave with the boy, should it come to that. Was she not a friend of Rosencrantz? Did she not join for him? Briefly did his ears begin to fold at the thought of her up and leaving, gaze drifting over to the boy once more. Ultimately, he reminded himself, time would tell how everything might play out. Willing away the potential for the future, he nodded when thanks were given and then watched the pair take their leave. Later, he decided, he would seek Tundra out—but, for now, he settled for a short patrol to clear his head.