Northstar Vale I ask the traffic lights if it'll be alright.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Reiko was undecided and that did not bode well. Ibis thought of how attached she had been to her own family, to Okeanos, and how beloved he was to her, and could not help but compare the strong familial connection they shared to the vagaries of Reiko and Hime. They did not seem sisterly, certainly not close in the same manner as Ibis with her brother, and so the doubt remained. Perhaps things were different for kingdoms? Or maybe there was more to the story between them. Ibis would not pressure Reiko for any further details though - she had enough on her plate.

Ibis agreed to keep an eye on Hime, though. That was a good first step. But she did not like having to support Hime's declarations; whatever the woman decided during Reiko's pregnancy would become law, or so Ibis understood it, and it made her uncomfortable to think about the challenges ahead. What if Hime refused to step down after? What if she drove everyone away from them? What about the man on the borders - he had been so very angry, and that had been very unsettling.

The queen opened her mouth to speak again - but something stopped her. A rolling in her belly, a bizarre twisting, and a few pinches. Her unborn children had their own opinions apparently and their quickening made her pause. Ibis drew a swift breath and then slowly exhaled, watching the dirt. Ooph, babies, go back to sleep. I'm talking with Reiko right now -- ooh, a small wince played across Ibis' face as the shifting gradually subsided.

Afterward, her mind blank, Ibis refocused on her friend and smiled faintly. Sorry. Sometimes I feel like a little river full of hungry fish. It was too bad Akavir wasn't present for this moment, but there would be others, she thought - and then brightened upon remembering her good news. A much better topic of discussion than cranky Hime. oh! I can't believe I forgot -- I spoke with Akavir. We... well I... There was a proposal and, well, I suppose we should start planning a wedding...?
Messages In This Thread