Deepwood Weald Boss Monsters
Spree  June 30, 2020, 12:47 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
54F°, currently it is overcast and set during the morning. Located in Great Bear Wilderness, deepwood weald | ooc notes: hunt first and then we can spree out a spar in another if you want to <3 | tagging: @Collision

He wasn't one to hunt very often, but there were more guardians to guard the borders of Rusalka with @Tundra there and the boy, @Rowan, so the paladin set off to try and find some food to bring back and store in the caches. The hunt had brought him further from the moors than expected, the woods grew deeper and greener, the trees grew taller than he, could feel the comfort of their presence swaddling the knight in their graces. 

Though still focused on hunting a beast big enough to drag back a big enough chunk of meat and maybe bring with him some to help bring back the rest - the paladin took a deep breath and savoured the smell of the greenery, the new and yet familiar sensation between his toes of pine needles instead of sand and nearly barren fields.
June 30, 2020, 01:24 PM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
Collision had decided to stay in the empire for the time-being. It seemed there was little else to do to buy their time, and honestly, he felt better knowing he was close to Vespera, Hiromi, and they're children. While he was certain Reiko would draw the line at something happening to them or the pups...well...he wasn't certain. A sigh as he trudged forward and dismissed the thoughts. They needed food and he would provide. 

  It doesn't take long for him to get a fair distance from the Empire and begin to notice smells that were no longer known or welcoming. Finding himself deep in the woods he caught the faintest scent. It was not prey. It was one of his own kind. His ears tilted back against his head and he let out a soft chuff. Where was the stranger? Was he the hunted or the hunter? His body tightened and he continued to wind through trees. It was idiotic to call out and continue to move--but perhaps the stranger had moved on long ago and Collision could be left to his hunt. What would he even bring down--alone? Rabbit wasn't something he needed to travel so far from The Vale for, and so he felt the need to find a much better prize.

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
June 30, 2020, 01:53 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
The moment of comfortable peace found within the bosom of the forest was interrupted by a chuff. The individual couldn't be seen yet as Rosencrantz's head was put on a swivel while trying to find the source of the sound. It felt eerie despite the other trying to announce their presence. The knight was often on high alert, uncertain of whom it might be he would remain so until their demeanor was proven to be kind and not malicious. A part of him wondered if the cannibal had followed him here now, ready to start up the same battle as before...

The thought brought his pelt to prickle defensively, ready to defend himself should the man come lurching out of the fog-filled woods, a low growl set out as a warning to whomever that he wasn't one to be trifled with. Though, if it was the sand-man, he was certain the growl wouldn't matter all things considered from their last encounter. Not able to pick up the scent of the stranger yet - he'd relax once the familiarity of Vespera's new pack scent would calm him just enough to not attack immediately.
June 30, 2020, 02:07 PM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
Collision steered himself between trees and maneuvered the forest at a relaxed pace. His pace would slow as the scent became more clear and eventually he would stop again as the rumble of a grown had been heard. Had he impeded on some task had hand? He wasn't sure, but it didn't take much longer for him to figure the scent was both masculine and alone. Perhaps he felt as initially threatened as collision had. 

 He rounded a final tree and his eyes found the colorless figure of a disfigured male. Collision's eyes found the would before they recognized much else. His eyes focused in on the fellow predator and he spoke, "Down boy," His tone was even, his eyes were narrowed and he attempted to offer a relaxed disposition, "I'm no threat to you if you don't try anything,"

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
June 30, 2020, 02:20 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
Uncertain of which way the stranger was in, Rosencrantz chose to remain on the spot for now and defend himself instead of risking an ambush. A flash of fangs as he prepared for the individual to come crawling out of the woodwork, the figure finally coming around into view. The growling remained despite the man's words, words were cheap, it was actions that the paladin truly believed in - and that scent. 

The same scent of a pack that Vespera had chosen for her home. At that, he was able to lower his defenses just enough, sheathing his fangs and silencing the rumble for now. Vespera, a woman should be in the same pack as yours. he had to be sure. If they were packmates, he would place his trust in her pack for now, and thus, this individual. Is she well? Ears tilted back as he questioned, hoping their last encounter had not done more harm than good.
June 30, 2020, 02:24 PM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
Collision remained where he stood, a fair distance away, and displayed no aggression. His eyes remained locked on the damaged stranger and the guard was unwavering. He wasn't going to leave the forest on account of this male's own agenda...or vendetta? He mentioned Vespera and Collision's ears tilted back. The visage of confidence and coolness slipping from grasp momentarily. 

 "What business is that of yours?" Who was he? How did he know Vespera. His eyes held a modicum more of intensity and his chest felt suddenly tight. Why? What was this? A sigh withdrew from his body, "Vespera is fine," His voice turning from the tightness that overcame it, but his curiosity ever the more peaked. What did he need this information for. Who was he reporting to? Maybe he was family...

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
June 30, 2020, 02:41 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
Judging by the man's reaction, he did know of her. Though, the reaction was strange. He was defensive, by the flattening ears and his tone, that tone alone aggravated the knight. A part of him came up with the idea that she told others of him, of their meeting, did she betray him by painting him a monster for giving in to what they both seemed to desire at the time? Betrayal. Although he had Tundra now as a wife, the thought was still painful to think that another would paint him in such a light. 

The intensity of his gaze hardened as he glared at the man with the attitude. He wasn't certain what his next move would be and thus, remained silent for now on the question. Letting the tension of his own being grow. Despite the answer being "she's fine" breaking the silence Rose chose to let grow between them, he did not relax. The man's attitude lighting a flame in his belly, uncertain of what to believe or think from all this.
June 30, 2020, 03:39 PM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
That last thing that collision needed was more enemies. His eyes burned with intensity and his mind races, but with the single conclusion that now was not the time to play against others. He didn't need to raise tensions between himself and another. Another that clearly smelled of a pack. His ears would perk back up and a slow sigh would rise from his belly. "I'm sorry," His apology sounded mostly sincere and he turned his gaze from the other in admittance of his curious actions. He had no reason to act how he had and took urgent note of the fact. He was supposed to be the level headed one. He would do better in the future.

 "I'm a bit tense of late," The admittance was hard and yet nice to finally say aloud. An observation of self. "What are you doing out here?" Collision was supposed to be on a hunt, but he was sure that due to their moderate to loud volume he was going to have to actually track prey that was worthy of the time. It would be best to have an ally even if he were one that there was some obvious, and unknown, tension between.

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
June 30, 2020, 03:56 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
Unfortunately for the man, Rose wasn't the type to forgive and forget. The damage was done and his gaze did not quite soften despite the attempt to bury the hatchet. They were all tense, life was tense and only relieved mildly within one's own borders, and even then it all depended on how much one trusted their own packmates. 

Having half the mind to return the man's own attitude with "none of your business" reply to his question on what the paladin was doing in the woods, he chose to be the "bigger man" and keep that attitude to himself and let expressions and tones speak for themselves in his lack of luster in meeting this individual (nothing personal Coll, Rose is always grumpy ;3;). Hunting. His tone cold, distant, and to the point. Having no interest in talking anymore if he was being honest. 

Not wanting to turn his back on the individual just yet, uncertain of his motives, he was quite confident in his tracking abilities now that the salty tang of the ocean wasn't drowning out the scent of prey in the woods... all he had to do was get comfortable again without someone who might despise him through rumors.
June 30, 2020, 04:01 PM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
Collision wouldn't, and shouldn't, have expected a free pass for his previous behavior and so when the pale man decided to stay quiet Collision did not offer further insult nor take it. He could handle the consequences of his actions. The only word given to him was something that Collision felt he could work with. Perhaps he would be willing to secure a kill together. If the man decided to take off with the kill--then so be it. He would have earned himself a much needed workout. Though, it was hard to tell if the other was simply pissy or if he was actually dishonorable. He doubted the latter and turned his back to him. 

 His head beckoned to him back into the woodland's grasp. An invitation to hunt together formally extended, "You didn't travel this far for an easy kill," His eyes trailed the forest and his nose lifted. He hadn't caught the scent of anything yet and left the door for Rose to decide to follow, or even lead, so long as he would step up to do so. Collision made his way and waited to see what may unfold.

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
June 30, 2020, 04:50 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
Because I'm a sadist I did everything at random here. Hunt is unsuccessful but Rose comes out with no injuries, I suppose it can outrun them, we can always re-roll and try again in the same thread or a new one if you want more trade threads!

The man decided to make his exit first, which finally, the knight's muscles eased up as he simply watched the younger of the two walk off, only quirking a curious brow as the darker one seemed to give an open invitation to follow. He paused... deciding whether to take the bait or leave him be and move on with his own hunt.

With a huff he had decided, a grunt and he followed the man. Walking just fast enough to eventually catch up, but he clearly wasn't excited to do so and instead let him sniff upfront while Rose would track on his own path off to the side should a trail just be out of the stranger's reach.

In due time, he did catch something's scent and stopped. Looking up from beneath his brow as he waited to see if his companion caught the same scent or would react to Rose's halt in the march, only to offer a low bark to get his attention if he wasn't noticed before the man walked off into the woods alone. Deer, all they had to do was find where it went off to now and figure out a plan of attack.
July 01, 2020, 08:56 AM
Collision
Reneian Empire
Peasant
The male is clearly not one for conversations and while his aforementioned actions said otherwise Collision found something relaxing about the decision to return to their roots and enjoy the thrill of the hunt. If anything he could dismiss the conversationa and focus solely on the task at hand. 

 The other diverged from the path they had travelled (sort of) side by side and Collision eventually turned to follow and examined the scent. He feel staggered behind the other and kept to the strength of the smell. It grew strong, but it was not yet present in sight. 

 The sound of running water caught him in the distance and the boy moved figured their prey likely found itself looking for water. He motioned towards Rose and kept his head to the ground. The scent grew stronger and his motions all the quieter. He stilled his movements and waited for the white male. His head crept around a bush and into a clearing where he could see the backside of their catch. He looked at Rose to let him take lead and bowed his head in submission of control.

Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 
 
July 01, 2020, 12:23 PM
Rosencrantz
Rusalka
Gamma
Vespera's packmate noticed all the same, and the two of them began tracking the beast at the end of the trail. Without the salt in the air, it was like a breath of fresh air to be able to use his nose again as he once did before being by the ocean's side. Eventually, in time he would grow accustomed to the new air, but the green and fresh scent of a pine-filled forest would always be home to him.

In due time they eventually found where it was, by the water's edge taking a drink. A prey's most vulnerable position out in the open. His companion chose to let Rosencrantz take the lead, and though his pelt stuck out like a sore thumb in the forest, the fog should help in cloaking his appearance. With a short nod he move into place... slowly rounding around to the front of the beast, just off to the wayside in an attempt to get into his blind spot. Just between the antlers while its head was down - of course, he couldn't get completely hidden within, so long as he crept up slowly, from experience, he should be able to get within striking distance before it saw him.

With trust in his companion to be ready, he leaped into action. From the cover of the low brush, he rushed toward the underside of the deer anticipating that its head would rise almost immediately. The buck was big, too big for just two wolves to guarantee success but it wasn't impossible. The buck too was experienced and full of vigor, fearless in the face of the one wolf he could see, the beast immediately began to thrash around and Rosencrantz's mark was off as his teeth only grazed the skin of his target, barely catching its nape before being tossed over its back.

It wasn't a killing blow, but he was safe here at least to wait for his companion's move...