Wheeling Gull Isle MOTHERS UNITED AGAINST WEED.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
Private 
@Hua
ruo took in a deep sigh. 

she had a mental break down, a few days ago. internally, anyway.

of course, as she was perfectly cool on the outside, her monologue never seemed to die down within the mind. constantly even with her son, the words seemed to strike into the newly mother, like a thorn. even nightmares would taunt her, sometimes the past worsening the odds.

but it was a new life, she thought.

yuelong was a new beginning.

where she believed to become someone.. at least, she hoped.

it was time to face the confrontion.

ruo couldn't live in solitude forvever, especially with huojin.

fucking hell.
[Image: dc1mu1x-1d71b3f4-120c-4399-b918-71c0e5bd...uDi0UyVmY4]
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
It was not often Huā came over here, (though she did wish that her children and herself might be more acquainted with their relatives,) but today she came alone to the pride rock. The place smelled thickly of Ruò, as well as Huojin and Aiolos. Huā smiled faintly, but wiped it away as she moved to peer into the dark entrance of the rock. Ruò? She called hesitantly, unsure why she had come but knowing there were things here to be resolved.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
she sniffed. it seemed like the world didn't want the siren to stay at peace, or perhaps it was giving a push to what was needed. either way, she didn't like it. not at all, and with a deep inhale, and a 'stay here' to huo, ruo walked out, to face the Empress.

"Huā." she was cold, as all knew her to be.

"do you need something?"
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
she speaking chinese but I r 2 lazy 2 write

Ruò came out, as cold as usual. Yikes. Just her voice made Huā feel as if she ought to turn tail and head home; not risk the rudeness or insults or even just the bluntness of it all. Still... resolving conflicts took courage. If she could face down Donovan in his own forest, she could have a talk with Ruò about their relationship. And so she settled back on her haunches. I want to talk, She began awkwardly, about us. I wish there wasn't this tension between us.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"talk?" ruo's tail swished from behind, minor aggression that was quick to be stopped. she was normally an emotionless wolf, a calm siren, but even she had her moments.

there was times she wished to speak out of anger, but refrained so.

"i did not think the Empress would like to speak to such a lowly rank as i."

ruo was also extremely petty, however.

"what relationship do we have, Empress?"
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā did not appreciate Ruò's pettiness, but she could not pretend she expected this to be much different. They had both said some mean things to eachother; healing that might not be easy. Fine. 我们是家人。 She stated plainly, whether or not her cousin agreed. 可是,很多家人离开。我不想也失去你。 It was not worth breaking relationship with a blood relative over some petty dramas.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
ruo didnt' believe she did anything wrong, "are we?" the question came to be. were they truly? "i did not think so when you chose to give some family power, and others not, or when you gave a man who attacked family a higher rank as well." she was definitely not one for politics, but felt simply wronged.

how could mei, who never did anything, get one of the highest ranks? because she was family? of course, she was a sister! then she gave that rat a warrior position, despite the fact he wanted to attack her? he was not family! then when she asked- nothing came out of it, "or when you called my only son, a liability."

"doesn't seem so, Empress."
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā listened, and each blow was not only painful, but also true. In the moment, the empress had known she was having a rocky start in learning to lead- but she hadn't realized how many others she'd hurt in the process. With her bias, her nepotism, her tendency to act out on her emotional impulses. And Ruò was not sensitive, certainly not heartbroken, but rather Huā had made a laceration in their bond. With her cousin's stubborn spirit, the siamese was not sure how to heal that, but wanted desperately to keep trying, even if it took weeks, months. 

I'm sorry. 

I was a fool. I made so many mistakes- and I'm still making them now, I know. There's no use in excuses, but I've never been a leader before, and I'm learning on the job. 

I don't want to treat you like I did then in the future. I want to be a better leader for you, and a better friend, and a better relative... And here Huā let her voice trail off as her gaze fell, and she was quiet.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
her cousin listened, and apologized, and she silently listened in return.

only when her cousin stopped, did she speak up again,

"this does not sound like an apology," pettiness was a bitch, "apologies are not blaming a new job, apologies are stating what you are sorry for." 

she wasn't satisfied, but it was a start. she didn't like the fact it all was blamed on being 'new' leader, and perhaps she would've accepted it, if hua didn't indirectly call her son a nuisance. 

"i dont know," the siren shook her head, "do you even want me as family?"

as no one ever did.
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā was no master of apologies, not often did she let herself be so open, and she had not had someone to apologize to in a long time. Even Ying, she scarcely would apologize- they bickered equally. Rusalka, of course not. Before that? It had been a while. As frustrating as it was to see Ruò's reaction- she wished to shove the apology down her throat and make her swallow it- in the end, the astronomer had a point. Excuses had no place in an apology. The siren ought to accept the wrongfulness of her actions, without trying to build a shield. 

At Ruò's last words, Huā frowned. Her actions had done this, she knew: ousted a relative already at the fringes of belonging. A cruel thing; to push her further away. Of course I want you as family! She rushed, Even if you don't believe me now. I will keep trying to show you how much I care... how, ah, sorry I am. My apology is not perfect. I am sorry for that too, but I do not want us to stay divided forever. 

If you can't... I understand. But I hope you find a place to forgive me. And there in an ultimate show of her words, Huā knelt herself into a respectful bow, like something that might be given to a high noble back home.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"it's a start." while not shown, a part of her was quite pleased that the empress knelt down and apologized. her cold gaze had softened, but remained still expressionless, like her usual self. she felt giddy inside knowing that finally hua was bowing down to another, and finally realized her damnable actions did hurt so. 

"i forgive you cousin." it was no time to continue squabbles anymore, as the siren gotten what she wanted in the end. at that point if she continued despite hua kneeling, she would just look like a wicked witch of the coast. she was wronged, but now it was right.
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
wrapping : )

It's a start, Ruò finally declared, and Huā had to stop the smile that longed to creep onto her maw. Ruò said she forgave her- and though the siren doubted it could be so immediate, she was glad to hear that her efforts had made some progress, no matter how great or small. Finally Huā rose- and then she allowed the warm little smile to touch her expression as she looked at Ruò, thankful. Another dip of her head, Thank you, cousin. With that she would leave the hermit alone, to return to her own little place on the island.