Raven's Watch he sang so loud, sang so clear
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away

As the sun’s morning rays dipped into the valley below, Cenric traveled to the west. As long as the family took refuge on the mountains, he’d keep searching. He’d search for his brother, and if he didn’t find him he’d find a more suitable place to stay. That’s exactly what he came across. 

It was tranquil, albeit a bit flooded over. Cenric hummed as he strolled through. It was nice to feel some grass beneath his paws again.
closed for threads
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

For some reason, Eleuthera never frequented the watch. Though it had been right next door for the large swathes of her life that she spent amongst the willows, it just… wasn’t something that drew her. Perhaps it was so close to home that it was outshined by her desire to be amongst the willows. And then if she left the willows, she wanted to go far away — the distant mountains often called, as did the ocean to the north. The watch, which was so dismally boring in its familiarity, was not enough to catch her attention.

but these rainy, sodden days, where there was nearly nothing that could make her smile… she gave the boring ledge a second glance. Perhaps its elevation afforded it at least some dryness. Internally, the lilac druid knew this was a pipe dream, but it was worth considering and exploring further on the off chance that, yes, the precipitation rolled to the valleys and lowlands beneath, leaving the heights untouched.

At least some small part of her assumption was right. This place wasn’t nearly as awful as the willows in it’s muddy, root-y, stifling, mosquito-ridden glory. As she looked out over this place, she became aware of the feeling that, though this grassy knoll had been present in the background of most of her life, there was so much to it that she didn’t know. This had not been the first time she felt this way, returning to the willows and becoming reunited with the remnants of her family.

There was another — Eleuthera saw their dark shape, through the fog. She lifted her gaze, as well as her entire body, wondering if three things: if this wolf would see her, if she knew this wolf, and if this wolf was interested in chatting.
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric was an observant man. He was not one to get lost in thought or distracted by the little things. There was always an eye peeled or an ear open. It wasn’t long before a figure was noticed.

He switched up his route then, walking towards her with one gracious step at a time. The fog parted to reveal a delicate woman with a unique set of eyes.

Greetings. He stopped and bowed his head. I hope I’m not intruding.
closed for threads
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

When the other figure noticed her and began his approach, Eleuthera couldn’t help the small glimmer of excitement that stirred in her belly. Things had been far to dismal and grey — not only in the weather, but also life general. She was kept cooped up within the willows, as she believed it to be the safest place amongst the mountains, with the same souls that she had been growing quite accustomed to. and no one was in a great mood, so the entire mood of the last month had just been rather blech.

but here was another chance, for at least some small amount of joy! There was still a small chance the this was a wolf she knew — which was dashed, not in a bad way, when he neared enough that she could see his features clearly — but there was a small hope in her mind that this might be some long-lost brother, returning to his homeland just as so many before him. If this was the case, Eleuthera figured, she would likely find out without much resistance. All others had been more than forthwith and upfront about their intentions.

“If there is anyone intruding, it is me," she called out in greeting, although it was painfully clear that neither of them had intruded on anything particularly important or noteworthy. Simply two paths, that happened to cross. Eleuthera’s ears pushed forward, willing to be the one to push them off the precipice of acknowledgement, and into introductions. “Are you from nearby?" the lilac fae chirped.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
No, no, he assured. So, this land was unclaimed. Good. He knew of wolves who got their feathers ruffled over little things like this. Luckily for him, the woman doesn’t seem to fit that category.

Yes. My sister and I are staying north from here. He paused to gesture towards their rendezvous site. Just until the storm lightens up. That day couldn’t come sooner. He was growing tired of these mountains.

Cenric turned back to her. And what about you?
closed for threads
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Some of the wolves she encountered were born of these lands as she was, but not a lot — and neither was this man, it seemed. this man and his sister. he came from the north. and though Eleuthera knew much of the lands to the north (and the east, and the south, and the west), she was aware of the fact that there were more lands that she did not know than she did (this fact, and this fact alone fueled her insatiable wanderlust), and it was likely that this man’s kingdom was one of these unknown places. Immediately, her mind conjured up some exotic northern lands, as detailed and vivid as her own home in the willows had ever been. “I live amongst the Faeries of Seelie Court, around the southern bend of the mountain.” Eleuthera pointed with her deep lilac nose in the direction of the willows, wondering if he already knew of their claim. They were very close to the court, after all. “and why are you not amongst your shelter now?” the little woman questioned the man with a twisted brow, and a wry smile. “you wander, as I do."

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Seelie Court? The cogs of memory begin to turn. Oh yes, I’ve heard of it. One of your members crossed my path. Sundance, if I recall correctly. Their conversation was brief.

I’m out here searching for my brother. We were separated during a fire. It’s just one disaster stacked on another. Would the family ever get a break?
closed for threads