Sleepy Fox Hollow Stare in the darkness, Is there air?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Limit Two 
Open to @Derg or @Kynareth Deagon if one of ya'll wants to come find the broken boy. Permission given by Van to have Valour find the body.

After having himself tended to properly and giving himself time to rest up though his patrols had never ceased, Valour took off out of the territory. His wanderings drew him south though he'd refrain from going too far for he'd be tempted to seek out the gloomy woods he missed dearly. The day was lovely and the sun filtered through the trees and beamed down onto the meadow he passed through giving everything a optimistic glow. It had him in a relatively peaceful state of mind as he wandered lifting his muzzle to the air and breathing in the scents around him. What he breathed in was a mixture of nature and a familiar scent that had his feet altering course. The closer he got the sicker he felt, for the scent of the spotted mixed blood grew sharp with a metallic and sickly sweet note that only meant one thing. Sure enough he spotted the still form and froze releasing a shaky breath as he slowly approached his expression numb. Ignoring the body for the time being his body began to tremble the fur along his spine raising as he slowly lowered his muzzle to the ground and spent a few moments until he found nothing, turning around and surveying the scene with an expression of focused ferocity unlike anything he'd felt before. Breathe shallow he walked toward the patched of grass and soil tainted crimson and lowered his muzzle moving to every single one and choking on a sound of anger and pain as he found that the blood only belonged to Clarence. Such a gentle soul...Valour wouldn't have been surprised if Clarence had gone down with ease despite having shown the ability to hold his own. Once he'd secured the knowledge that his friend had been flat out murdered he set to dragging the black and white body from the water and laid him down on the ground his eyes widening and averting away from the wide tear in his throat which was the clear cause of his death. "Damn it" he muttered his paws flexing until his claws dug into the soil. The trembling in his limbs grew more violent until he released a scream, this one not solely agonized but filled with rage. The sound died off as he sank to the ground and rest his chin across the wet pink and red fur of the body once belonging to the only truly loyal friend he had. His voice hoarse he whispered softly
 "You wanted peace so rest in it and know that I will fight for you and Clay now" the admission that he'd lost them both broke him and without even stinging as warning he found himself crying openly and nuzzling into the back of Clarence's head "I'm so sorry I left you. Please forgive me. I'm so sorry"  
3/10 mastery
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Again, the yearling strayed from the territory despite his injuries and the events of the last time he did so.
Again, Derg essentially stalked him. Feeling like keeping an eye on him would be best.
So he followed quietly, further behind than last time.

Maybe he was the curse, bringing sorrows to everything he touches.
Rusalka, Wintersbane, Grezig...The Saints.
He hoped not.
But here he was.

And once again, he found Valour surrounded by Death.

He silently slunk onto the scene as his words finished. He hadn't seen him move the body.
He just watched to him with sympathy in his eyes which couldn't be translated to his face.
|  •  •  |
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Cracking open his good eye he saw Derg inching closer. "I didn't do it" was all he muttered while remaining pressed against Clarence focusing on the fact that this time he had the body, this time Valour could dry him off, clean him up, treat him with the respect and love he deserved while alive. After a long pause of silence Valour lifted his head away from his friend and looked to Derg with hollow eyes "I want him brought back with me please. Clarence was one of mine, my most loyal member and friend. Soft kid....he helped me change Nightwalkers into something...functional and less cruel. Then something got in the way and Nightwalkers fell. We got seperated"  his tone was bitter though he kept his lips sealed tight on Ursus being the cause of all his hard work. Whether or not Clarence not following him was his fault Valour still felt the blame "I just want to clean him and get him dried off. I don't know where to bury him but I'll find somewhere worthy of who he was and he'll be gone in a day or two" he understood the stench of death would be present in The Saints as long as Clarence laid in his den but he felt it was right. His good eye peered into Derg's for the first time without a hint of a glare but rather an open expression, a plea for help. He was too weak to bring Clarence all the way home himself especially when waterlogged and stiffening quickly. 

Permission to claim the body granted <3
3/10 mastery
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
"I know," he softly confirmed.
The smell was old. Death and decay were two different scents.
He silently slunk around the scene. Pawprints. They all had the classic nail marks signalling a K-9 was here.
He looked to the body. He wasn't certain, but likely another wolf. Probably the crazy one again.
Derg huffed, the scents tickling his nose, stuffing it full.

"I understand," gods if only he knew Grezig was dead, "I'll help you. Just remember who the Saints are."
He didn't know who would try to eat carrion and didn't know where Valour planned to keep the body until they dug a hole.
He approached, only slightly tentative, to inspect the body closer.
"What do you think it was?"
|  •  •  |
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Studying where the man's gaze went he eyed the tracks and for a moment considered leaving Clarence behind to seek vengeance instead. The warning was what distracted him and he understood Parasite flashing through his mind as he grit his teeth to prevent the rush of rage that made him want to snap silent until he relaxed his teeth. All he said was "If anyone comes near my den that isn't a friend I'll eat them" by the ice in his tone and the wild look in his silver eye it was clear he was serious, the savage side of him being caged only by the fact that he had practiced taming his emotions and burying them his entire life. Once that was let settle between them for a pause he softened his gaze and looked down at Clarence with a tormented expression "he has to be buried soon anyway" the smell of decay was definitely different than that of fresh death, only hours had passed judging by the prints that were unwashed or smudged away. At the last question Valour closed his good eye and with a look of clear regret and disdain pulled Clarence's neck back to reveal the gore slash to his jugular and then motioning to the tracks as he set the boy's head gently back down upon the ground. "Murder. Clarence could hold his own but he was a pacifist and would have been easily off guard by anyone with the slightest charm. He was gentle...the gentlest warrior i'd met. Whoever did this will be found" he remembered his promise not to kill, to try and turn away from the life of a criminal and once again whispered an apology into the spotted body as he gripped the stiffening scruff to move him into a more carryable position. 
3/10 mastery
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Derg nodded.
He doubted anyone would even get as far as the dens. But the Saints were running thin already. Bastards. Perhaps he should hunt Praimfaya. She obviously was a fucking snake when the supposed warlord ran from war.

He inspected the wound. Deep enough to run out his lifeblood. Derg looked to the water.
Cleaned, along with the murderer no doubt. The scent was awash.
Derg rocked the body with his forepaws, hearing the soft slosh of his insides.
No, not drowned but he had been held under the water.

"I will help where I can..." But his loyalties did lie with the Saints. Donovan? Perhaps.
He let Valour arrange the body, happy now he wasn't going to get eaten for touching the body, then Derg too took up a hold to help Valour transport it back.
|  •  •  |
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Ears slipping back there was a further slip in the composure he'd managed to keep as the revolting sound of Clarence's guts caused him to look away gritting his teeth and swallowing bile as he released a breath he didn't realise was held until his chest burned. Assistance was offered and Valour set his thoughts to what could possibly be done about this...."his name was Clarence. Ask if anyone has seen him around by description or name. Local packs...he was around the mountains close by when we were last together" his tone was direct and he realised he'd forgotten himself for a moment and dipped his head slightly "Thank you. i'll be doing the same. " his voice grew tighter with each word and he stopped blinking his good eye quickly before the stinging could worsen "we should get him back"  at once the emotion was gone from his voice and he dropped his head gently taking Clarence by the scruff and feeling himself break a little more inside at how easy it was to lift him even when wet. 
3/10 mastery
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Ending if that's ok <3
Derg quirked a brow to Valour.
He forgot he was no longer a Nightwalker. No bother.
He shrugged but nodded. If that's what he needed, then Derg could do that.
If he wasn't eaten first.

He could feel the tension in the air, the emotion that boiled within Valour.
Poor kid. Loosing probably everyone he knows in such a short space of time, or at least all he cared about.
He should find Grezig.

Anyhow, they picked up the body and carted it off. He didn't think Valour would venture outside the canyon for a while if he could help it.
|  •  •  |