Firefly Glen trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Antares kept out of the splatter-radius with a low snicker as he watched that pan out, and flared his nose at the rich gourd innards. While still listening to Meerkat, he soon moved among them to find his own choice pumpkin. There were two he liked initially but he settled on the one with less bumps, then nudged it around to test its weight and feel for himself.

A strange thing.. orange, roundish, mostly, which satisfied something undefined for being uncommon, possibly seasonal. He gave the stem a little test chew, feeling the almost wood-like material give beneath his molars. The rest of the pumpkin skin was nondescript, and firm yet on further poking around. He couldn't get a good bite on it, either, considering its size. A few nibbles scraped at the skin, but it took a lot of work. The others were talking about getting them open still and.. he skirted a quick glance to Meerkat again. Leaning back on his hind legs, he gave a few scrapes with his paw--increasing pressure, pinning it to the earth. More lines were grooved into the outer skin of the gourd and when he zeroed in on one spot, he could claw away a solid scar of lighter underneath.

Testing it again with his teeth, he snipped a few pieces of it and shook his head, then really dug in with both paws. The pumpkin gave way not long after, him smashing it inward to squish his toes right into its guts. Not quite as graceful as he'd hoped, but, supposed it did work in the end; he could get to the goods now. He withdrew and delicately sampled the flesh.

Not bad.
Messages In This Thread
RE: trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! - by Antares - November 19, 2020, 11:40 PM