Blacktail Deer Plateau Your skin makes me cry
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Things happened very slowly for so long, and then very quickly, as if Ibis' life were a river dammed and then let free. There had been stagnation within the Empire and great worry, some which trailed them to the plateau, and then there had been stillness in the aftermath of the reunion. Ibis worried about her husband and their connection to one-another, of how her separation from Arielle might affect her in the long-term too, and carried all of this with her.

And with Wraen here again, Ibis found herself feeling joyous again - but would not let herself be carried away by the emotion. There was a caution within her now; knowing that she had to keep her family together and safe was one thing, but making the decisions that would keep them united and happy was another beast altogether. She wanted to trust in the last vestige of family that Wraen represented to her.

The offer was a good one. Ibis looked to Akavir as he drew up alongside her, and then smoothly looked to Lilitu as she voiced her pleasure; so much like her mother! Such an exuberance of expression! Ibis worried immediately that the new home might not be enough for her daughters, or maybe it would be a danger to them in the long-term. What if they moved and the darkness that lurked in the unknown came and swept them all away? Ibis loathed the thought as soon as it entered her mind.

Ibis could not make a decision for them all. She wanted to say yes — to shout it, to let herself feel hopeful in the way that Lilitu did. Instead she found herself wilting a little bit, becoming more withdrawn, and found comfort when Arielle sagged against her other side.

What do you think? She asked of Akavir, realizing a moment later that he probably had no idea who this woman was. Warmth flooded Ibis' face. Oh -- Suppose you just woke. This is my aunt Wraen, The woman smiles softly. Wraen, this is my husband Akavir. A motion between the two, as is customary for some introductions - and she continues. She has offered us a home for the winter.
Messages In This Thread
Your skin makes me cry - by Wraen - November 25, 2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 25, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Wraen - November 26, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Lilitu - November 27, 2020, 07:46 AM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Arielle - November 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Akavir - November 29, 2020, 07:42 AM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 01, 2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Wraen - December 03, 2020, 02:40 PM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Lilitu - December 05, 2020, 09:43 AM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Arielle - December 13, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: Your skin makes me cry - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 17, 2020, 05:30 PM