Dragoncrest Cliffs prophet margin
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Nothing else came to her, at least not until he spoke her father's name. Haunt jerked sharply, eyes narrowing, lips parting to refute him. No, I'm most definitely not "Kaertok's girl," she thought bitterly, ready to say as much out loud when suddenly his question triggered the rest of her memories. They came in like floodwaters. She even held her breath as if plunged underwater, only to release it raggedly a moment later as the last bits and pieces clicked into place. She even recalled these past few weeks when she'd been out of it, those particular recollections hazier than all the rest.

Of all the things he'd said, Haunt found herself repeating, "Erzulie..." The woman had treated her kindly, fed her. The other names—Sapphique, Rosalyn and, of course, Kaertok—were familiar too. She swallowed as she recollected that moment when she'd reunited with her father, in the throes of agony. The only reason she'd followed him here was because her mind had been shorting out... and because Artemis had commanded it. Same difference?

There was no sign of the goddess now. She had been a constant presence at Haunt's side for weeks, a spectral guardian during the worst of her affliction. But now Haunt's head felt clear and she realized she felt the goddess's absence. She hadn't simply died in the dream, she was well and truly gone. The youth didn't know how she knew it, though she suddenly realized she would never see Artemis again.

Sucking in another breath, Haunt realized she'd stopped paying attention to her guest. Rather, she was his guest, wasn't she? She didn't belong here, after all, and with Artemis gone, well... "I'm from Legion, in the bypass. I need to get back to my mother, my brother and sister." She moved closer to Njord, then began pushing past him. "It's all yours, I'm—" But now that she was in the threshold, Haunt could only stop and stare at the blizzard conditions.
Messages In This Thread
prophet margin - by Haunt - January 02, 2021, 03:05 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Njord - January 02, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Haunt - January 02, 2021, 04:02 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Njord - January 02, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Haunt - January 02, 2021, 07:37 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Njord - January 03, 2021, 01:16 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Haunt - January 03, 2021, 03:59 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Njord - January 03, 2021, 05:49 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Haunt - January 03, 2021, 08:11 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Njord - January 06, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: prophet margin - by Haunt - January 07, 2021, 12:36 AM