Dragoncrest Cliffs But if 'is' wasn't
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
If at some point she had thought Terance's scars were too many, the woman that appeared seemed to be at least similarly mauled by time. But at what Arbiter was asked, she blinked. It was a particularly silly question, at least from Arbiter's perspective. Of course the other woman might not know, but it wasn't like she'd pulled a Kaertok -- Arbiter had gone after her missing daughter, and her son was only a few hours missing at most. So perhaps her response was a little more terse than some (then again, it was also Arbiter, so was it different than normal?), Because -- Haunt's howl cut in here, she paused to confirm, ear twitching that way, -- they're my children. The fact she was tired of all of this chasing them around also probably didn't help. It had been trying, not that either Vex nor Haunt had realized it. But frustration didn't excuse everything, unfortunately. So she let out a long breath and continued with a bow of her head, I am Arbiter, of Legion. I'm just looking to find them and get them home safely again. Again, long trip.

Spotting two figures forming out of the storm, her attention was drawn away, and after a moment or two longer her tail started to wag. It wasn't a frantic, full-bodied type of wag because Arbiter was reserved sort of wolf, but being able to see her children moving under their own power to her was certainly a good thing. Haunt was the one who came up to her, and after her touch, she leaned over to nuzzle the girl, and look her over just to be sure she really was okay. At the brief pause she interjected, I'm glad you're okay but how far had you gone? You should be sticking to the territory until we can make them stop happening. It was pretty normal motherly concern run through the usual Arbiter filter. 

She'd looked to Vex, about to tell him to get his butt over here too when Haunt kept talking. Blink x2. Hell, it gave Vex time to talk too. What. Her tail had stopped wagging, and she looked between them a few times. What. But what does that mean for you -- for you both? How long would you be here? A look to Rosalyn briefly -- had she put this thought in their heads? And back to the pair, How am I supposed to make sure that you're both safe when you're this far from home? Let alone teach you. Her eyes stopped on Vex. What about his wanting to learn to lead? Of course, she wasn't happy about any of this, but that long-worn frustration was supreme. What had she done that had caused them to so often run away? Didn't they realize how that made her feel? It didn't make sense.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 02:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 07, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 07, 2021, 02:44 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 07, 2021, 03:40 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 07, 2021, 11:18 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 08, 2021, 12:44 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 08, 2021, 10:30 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Kaskae - January 08, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Arbiter - January 15, 2021, 04:20 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Rosalyn - January 15, 2021, 09:29 AM
RE: But if 'is' wasn't - by Haunt - January 15, 2021, 02:19 PM