Mount Apikuni When I find myself in times of trouble
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 

The storm had continued off and on since they were forced from the river. She was torn; she had to keep her daughter safe, but she also needed to find her son. The storm had swept him away along with what had remained of Kaistleoki. Mother nature had taken her son, her pack, and her friends all in one fell swoop. Now she was left with the impossible task of choosing between which child to protect. All she could do was try to keep Malila safe right now. They needed to find somewhere else to stay. She hoped her skill and experience as a healer would make a pack more willing to take her in—that, along with the fact that her daughter was much too young to handle the winter without a pack even when there weren't storms dumping never-ending snow on them. Once they were settled, she would be able to make short trips out to look for Mohe.

The snow fell heavily, and the sun would be setting soon. She needed to find them some shelter for the night. While making their way across the mountains, she often had to choose between finding shelter and finding a meal. Tonight, it would be shelter. It had been a couple days since Malila had eaten, and even longer for the healer, but the weather forced her choice tonight. 

The valley was too open, so she shepherded her daughter to base of another mountain, cursing herself for not familiarizing herself better with this side of sunspire. But she knew mountains meant the possibility of some kind of shelter, and even though they were exhausted, she pushed them forward on a path the wound itself up the mountain. 

Mercy came in the form of a giant crack in the rock wall next to them; it left a hole in the side of the mountain that was just big enough for the two of them to fit inside. They could huddle together and keep warm at least. She turned to Malila. Let's rest here for the night, sweetie. They had gone as far as she could manage today.
Messages In This Thread
When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - January 27, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - January 28, 2021, 10:07 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - February 07, 2021, 09:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - February 25, 2021, 08:49 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - March 03, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 04, 2021, 06:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - March 09, 2021, 10:12 AM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 09, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - March 24, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 27, 2021, 08:29 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - April 04, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - April 08, 2021, 12:27 PM