Mount Apikuni When I find myself in times of trouble
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
His words seemed genuine, and she was not usually the type to distrust without any reason to be suspicious. She was alone, though, and solely responsible for keeping her daughter safe; it filled her with worry and questions when normally she would be friendly and open. 

She watched him carefully as he took a step back. His offer was a bright light in her world that had been so dark and uncertain lately; she wanted to trust that it came from a good place, but her thoughts kept returning to her sleeping daughter. What if she led them into a bad situation by accepting shelter from this stranger? Normally, she would trust her gut, but she was having trouble tapping into her empathy right now. Her expression still wary, she finally asked: What would you ask for in return? Some things were perfectly reasonable—healing, food, protection. But what if his stipulations were more sinister than that? She was getting ahead of herself, though. She had no idea what his motives were, if he even had any. Maybe his answer would clear things up some. Her attention remained on him as she waited for him to speak, but her ears listened to the steady breathing that let her know Malila still slept where she was hidden.
Messages In This Thread
When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - January 27, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - January 28, 2021, 10:07 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - February 07, 2021, 09:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - February 25, 2021, 08:49 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - March 03, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 04, 2021, 06:18 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - March 09, 2021, 10:12 AM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 09, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - March 24, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Mahler - March 27, 2021, 08:29 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Malila - April 04, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: When I find myself in times of trouble - by Speedy - April 08, 2021, 12:27 PM