The Sunspire weather-beaten in a losing battle
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Merrit waited, absorbed by thought, when the crunch of footfalls against the snow brought him to attention. His cousin was soon with him -- quiet, as he'd ever been -- but Merrit had grown used to this, and he did not mind. He offered a short, wordless hello, a nod in return.

"We must find somewhere new to go," he didn't bother beating around, like he had, at times, with mother. "Legion has dispersed. I thought this time, we might decide what to do together." He didn't know if Kallik had any preference, or if he was simply okay to go with Merrit whereever he went. Merrit didn't know if Kallik even wanted to follow him at all, but the raven hoped he would.

"I know of a pack not far from here. They were allies with Easthollow," he began. The most logical decision, but, "we can also explore. See the area, and see if there are any others who might receive us." A bit riskier, but doable. His cousin wasn't a pup anymore, in mind or in body.

There was always a third option, one he had only considered in the briefest sense. "We could also start something new, something of our own."

His hazel eyes settled on the boy, for before, they had wandered somewhere off along the horizon, focused on nothing tangible. Now, they centred on Kallik -- not invasive, only curious to see which thoughts might come to his tongue, and which might only show on his face. "What do you think?"
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Merrit - February 18, 2021, 11:14 AM
RE: weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Kallik - February 19, 2021, 02:29 PM
RE: weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Merrit - February 19, 2021, 07:46 PM
RE: weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Kallik - February 20, 2021, 04:38 PM
RE: weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Merrit - March 03, 2021, 11:56 PM
RE: weather-beaten in a losing battle - by Kallik - March 25, 2021, 04:38 PM