Bramblepoint The Battle of Evermore
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
He blinked, just to be sure. It was easy to doubt it after everything else but there had been one prevailing thought somewhere in the dark, and it was that he had to trust Bronco. Just.. whatever it was, trust Bronco. Antares tried to do his part but in the end, it was just wasted time. He was sort of surprised to see the Neverwinter hunter, but that was an entire aside he was not in any shape to touch right now. She fell underneath that arch of trust Bronco so that made her a very good sign to the worn Ostrega. 

Finally, as they came together, Antares exhaled so heavily it hurt him but he wouldn't care. Still measured in his other motions, but able to lean back into the gestures, and do his part to accept what he could. His ears were splayed out, tail waving slow. I owe you, he rumbled, voice fried and tired, trying to make a soft nip before Bronco could fully withdraw from his bow. Antares wouldn't follow through hard, but familiar in this moment, he felt.. better. A tiny shard of almost-warmth but, he had lost almost everything. Almost. Both of you. he sighed. A lot of others now too, thinking of those that had come to his side before.

He settled some and situated his weight carefully--necessary in taking in this news now, too. Antares did muster a nod. Ouroboros Spine. Others. Home. One thing at a time. Who are the others? he asked as quickly as he could, there were some howls he heard after all but he wanted whole clarity. He knew some fireflies were fine, but refugees from the mountain were ones he was not sure he could gather. Antares rightfully feared Moonspear had taken almost every Ostrega on it. Hope was faint after what he had seen.

Which led him to the explanation he knew he owed after his own howls had silenced days ago. I.. couldn't find anyone there. Only trails that led to... he stopped, but that was enough for him to say. He swallowed. His parents. His siblings, uncle.. cousins. Even others. Even the graves they had only just made. For several of them he did not have whole confirmation, necessarily, but he had found their freshly laid tracks, and knew where many rested their heads. He drew his conclusions from there. Then I fell, trying to track them. The mountain's a mess... I thought I heard my younger siblings call out but, I never got a lead, he explained quietly, easier to say so lower. Memories got hazy after that, covered in ash and smoke and rock. The blood of his family's home. Antares sighed and squeezed shut his eyes then. Others from some pack south of here found me when I had to get away. I've been.. resting here since. Pretending he was dead most of the hours of the day, honestly.
Messages In This Thread
The Battle of Evermore - by RIP Bronco - March 08, 2021, 11:40 AM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Antares - March 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Vallkyrie - March 08, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by RIP Bronco - March 08, 2021, 11:50 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Antares - March 09, 2021, 01:15 AM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Vallkyrie - March 11, 2021, 11:13 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by RIP Bronco - March 15, 2021, 04:15 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Antares - March 15, 2021, 09:36 PM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by Vallkyrie - March 26, 2021, 10:59 AM
RE: The Battle of Evermore - by RIP Bronco - March 31, 2021, 09:53 AM