Dragoncrest Cliffs This is My Eden
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
For some reason the story about the spider Anansi up in the stary sky had stuck with Merlin all those weeks later, since he had it heard first. The idea of actual celestial being up there, looking down, weaving webs and catching stars in it was oddly alluring and he spent many sleepless nights, looking up at the starry sky trying to catch sight of it.

And one night he finally did. The dark azure cloth spread above him began to vibrate and shift, gaining solid shape and form. Anansi had a metallic gleam about him and there was an odd buzzing sound, when he moved across the skyline, one long limb after another in perfect, seamless coordination. Merlin stared at the sight in awe and shrunk, when the god turned his eight black bead eyes at him and stared him down.

He awoke the next morning, the intesity of that gaze imprinted on his mind so that even in a broad daylight Merlin felt as if he was still being watched. Anxiously he wandered through the forest, seeking shelter to hide from the invisible eyes watching him, but no place felt good enough. So out in the open he went and with a little relieved quickening of his heart he saw Njord ahead of him. They had not talked with each other for a long time now - one dealing with romantic blues, the other struggling with mental issues on daily basis. 

"Hey," he greeted his friend, when he slunk over to sit next to him and shot a worried glance over his shoulder and up in the sky.
Messages In This Thread
This is My Eden - by Njord - May 22, 2021, 10:11 AM
RE: This is My Eden - by Merlin - May 22, 2021, 01:08 PM
RE: This is My Eden - by Njord - May 23, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: This is My Eden - by Merlin - June 12, 2021, 11:59 AM
RE: This is My Eden - by Njord - June 23, 2021, 09:56 AM
RE: This is My Eden - by Njord - July 01, 2021, 10:11 AM