Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Her affection seemed to draw the prince even closer as he nuzzled deeper into her fur. The feeling made her heart stop, frozen under the wave of emotion the flowed into her chest. When it started again, it slammed against her ribs in an irregular pattern. She never wanted him to stop, and she never wanted to pull her face from his dark, silky coat. She nuzzled into his fur, his warm, dark scent all she breathed in. It warmed the air in her lungs and urged her heart to beat impossibly faster.

And then he pulled away. She wanted to pull him back against her. She was suddenly freezing in the absence of his affection. That absence forced her to face what had been lurking in the back of her mind for some time, but she was afraid to linger too long on it. Not right here with him looking at her like that. He had spoken but the words didn't register at first. She had been too distracted by everything, as well as how breathy his words sounded. She swallowed and lifted her gaze to meet his, something she hardly ever did. She stared at him with a tender, surpised expression, her own breathing quick, matching his. 

Finally the words made sense, and she looked away shyly. Arielle nodded. The water is cold, she told him. Her voice was soft, and she had to clear her throat a little to get the sound out. We should get out before we get sick.
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - November 07, 2021, 01:21 PM