Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Arielle noticed they way he held his breath as she groomed the leaf from his fur, the tensing of his muscles under his damp fur. She wondered if he didn't want her to take care of him. Or maybe he didn't want her to touch him? But he hadn't minded in the water, in fact, he seemed to enjoy the affection. Her mind was moving too fast, and she wasn't sure she was seeing things clearly with her emotions running so high. 

He stood and shook out his coat, and her gaze lingered on the way his muscles shifted beneath his raven fur. It was still pretty even when wet. She looked away when he spoke, hoping he hadn't caught her staring. It turned out he didn't know the place, but his suggestion was good. A hollow would be warm. It would be small too, and her heart picked up again at the thought. She nodded her agreement, swallowing against the rapid beating. 

She followed when the prince motioned for her to, his hip bumping hers. But there was still an awkwardness in the air. He had put space between them, and she wondered if it was because he somehow knew her thoughts and was trying not to lead her on after the heated moments in the creek. But that was ridiculous. Maybe she was reading too much into things. She might have left it alone if she wasn't now covered in cold, wet fur. So the healer closed some of the distance so she could feel his warmth every time her shoulder or hip brushed against him. She was not looking forward to how her overthinking mind would try and poison the time they spent together.
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - November 08, 2021, 09:04 PM